2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

I guess it's up to me to turn up the angst on this Riga thing.

Was it not reported that GMTM was supposed to be talking contract with Girgs' agent around the combine?

Does this not smack of a negotiating tactic?

Does Murray not have a reputation as a guy who avoids Eastern Europeans because of the KHL factor?

Wasn't Zemgus a square peg on last year's team, not to mention a proud guy who might think he was misused?

Didn't Johan Larsson just sign for peanuts?

Isn't Zemgus a Darcy Regier player?

Doesn't take much of a leap to think we may have brewing the first contract dispute of the Murray era.

From a Pronman article today, the Sabres were third in the NHL in scoring from under-25 players this season, behind Tampa and Florida I believe. They were second-last in scoring from players 25 and older.

Well, at least Stamkos immediately corrects that stat  :lol:

From Slava Malmund

Andrei Makarov says he won't return to #Sabres, claims very unfair treatment, says GM Tim Murray biased against Russians (via @sportexpress)

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud  19m

Makarov on Rochester: "It's all about comparisons. Cal O'Reilly liked it, because he used to play in Utica. There is nothing there." #Sabres

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud  14m

Makarov agrees with Afinogenov who says "living in Buffalo can drive you to depression." Not all places are as happy as Russia. #Sabres

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud  10m

It never stops to amuse me when people from places like Magnitogorsk and Novokuznetsk say Buffalo is depressing and boring. #Sabres

From Slava Malmund

Andrei Makarov says he won't return to #Sabres, claims very unfair treatment, says GM Tim Murray biased against Russians (via @sportexpress)Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud  19m

19 minutes ago

Makarov on Rochester: "It's all about comparisons. Cal O'Reilly liked it, because he used to play in Utica. There is nothing there." #Sabres

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud  14m

14 minutes ago

Makarov agrees with Afinogenov who says "living in Buffalo can drive you to depression." Not all places are as happy as Russia. #Sabres

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud  10m

10 minutes ago

It never stops to amuse me when people from places like Magnitogorsk and Novokuznetsk say Buffalo is depressing and boring. #Sabres

For him, wouldn't a more accurate statement be 'NOT living in Buffalo can drive you to depression?' ;)

Guy was in Buffalo for 3 training camps (September in Buffalo is gorgeous weather) and for ~1 month at the end of '14-'15 while he rode the pine behind Lindback. Any other trips up for more than a day? How the #### would he know if being in Buffalo is depressing. Now, Ra-cha-cha on the other hand ... :p

For funsies, compare Girgensons' first three years to Kesler's. Not much different. Then tack on how rushed Zemgus' development has been, and I think people are largely too low on him right now.

Definitely agree. I've been an advocate for not giving up on him. Just don't think he'll become Pavelski-like. Do think he can potentially perform in a middle-6 role.

The Kezzler (Jeanneret) comparison is an interesting one.

Edited by Thorny

Definitely agree. I've been an advocate for not giving up on him. Just don't think he'll become Pavelski-like. Do think he can potentially perform in a middle-6 role.

The Kezzler (Jeanneret) comparison is an interesting one.

Don't believe he "should" be on a #1 line, but also believe he could be Eichel's Renberg. (Which would make him a top liner (technicaly) in ~2 years.) Don't hate the idea of trading him, but they'd better get a top pairing D or a true top liner back for the package he's included in if he goes.

From Slava Malmund

Andrei Makarov says he won't return to #Sabres, claims very unfair treatment, says GM Tim Murray biased against Russians (via @sportexpress)

Slava Malamud@SlavaMalamud 19m

19 minutes ago

Slava Malamud@SlavaMalamud 14m

14 minutes ago

Slava Malamud@SlavaMalamud 10m

10 minutes ago

Well, I'd say that Makarov can eat a whole bag of dick$, then. What an as$høle. Edited by ubkev

Honestly, Makarov wasn't long for Buffalo anyways.  Kasdorf, is all but assuredly in the AHL next season and the back up job is all but set between Chad Johnson (if retained), Linus Ullmark or another NHL quality back up.  He was assuredly as well to be passed on the talent pool by Cal Petersen and Johansson.  

Well, I'd say that Makarov can eat a whole bag of dick$, then. What an as$høle.

I didn't come away from that disliking him. I feel bad that the organ-eye-zation made him feel that way. I am a little curious what he was looking for in Rochester as far as "things to do".

If your a young single man with lots of money is there a less fun NHL city to live in than Buffalo? Columbus maybe?

I don't know that he has lots of money, but Columbus would certainly have a lot of students and a lot of bars catering to the under-25 set.

Winnipeg would be less fun, certainly.  Probably Edmonton and Detroit, too.

But the guy never really spent time here anyway, so whatever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.