2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

From what I've heard he's good to go.

This is great to hear. Not that I love Ennis but I'm happy he'll get to continue playing. Seemed that was in doubt for a while. Hope he come back strong and has a lengthy run. 

Fun with lines. The first setup is what I expect Bylsma to spit out to open the season, and the second will be what I would do if I were coach.

Kane-O'Reilly-Okposo --complete all-situations line, heavy minutes, toughest matchups

Vesey-Eichel-Reinhart --matchup line, offensively feast on lesser competition

Foligno-Larsson-Gionta --checking line

Deslauriers-Girgensons-Ennis --high energy, aggressive 4th line

Now onto mine. I'd like to at least try Reinhart at center and run a three scoring line setup, where O'Reilly's line continues to handle the other teams' best forwards. 

Girgensons-O'Reilly-Okposo --all-situations top line

Vesey-Eichel-Ennis --did somebody say offense?

Kane-Reinhart-Fasching/Bailey --Reinhart distributing, Fasching/Bailey digging Kane's wide shots out of the corner

Foligno-Larsson-Gionta --new-age 4th line: talent, complementary scoring, not in over their heads against difficult matchups

Edit: These lines become considerably less fun without Vesey. Luckily, he's signing here. Yes.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I know we've all penciled in Vesey-Eichel-Reinhart since Vesey's rights were acquired, but do we really think that's a good idea? Those are three players with a total of 169 games played and none of them are known to be outstanding defensive players. There's also not a lick of physicality there.

Reinhart and Eichel were so fun together, but if Vesey really wants/needs to play with Eichel it might be better to split them up and put Okposo on the other wing. Or if Vesey can play with O'Reilly then you can put Kane there. Or, the wet dream for some on the board, Girgensons goes to Eichel's wing.

We've got options. I'll play the game TB did above and mix and match a bit. His first lineup above with Larsson and Girgensons switched is the lineup I would probably piece together if I were to guess the lines Bylsma goes with.

If splitting up Eichel and Reinhart is a possibility then:

Kane - O'Reilly - Reinhart

Vesey - Eichel - Okposo

Foligno - Girgensons - Ennis

Deslauriers - Larsson - Gionta

If they would rather get Reinhart to center now and think O'Reilly's true long-term position is on the wing then this could be a possibility at some point:

O'Reilly - Reinhart - Ennis

Vesey - Eichel - Okposo

Kane - Girgensons - Bailey?

Foligno - Larsson - Gionta

Everyone keeps penciling in Bailey, when I think Carrier is the more apparent choice.  But for injury he would have been called up instead of Bailey.  I think Bailey starts in Rochester.

Everyone keeps penciling in Bailey, when I think Carrier is the more apparent choice.  But for injury he would have been called up instead of Bailey.  I think Bailey starts in Rochester.

Probably, but I think it depends how the team is set up. Carrier is surely more mature as a player, but I'm not sure what he adds if we're running three scoring lines. If the open spot ends up being on the 4th, then yea for sure.

I wouldn't say "everyone." I think most people expect Bailey to start in Rochester. But Bailey is also a righty which has less competition for immediate ice time.

I think there will be camp battles. I don't think there's any definitive word on Bailey or Carrier right now. If they're the better players they'll be on the team.

Many people.  But I think Bailey needs more time, and I think Fasching is a more.nhl ready player.  I said it before, but I think Bailey lacks the hands at this point in his career.   He can definitely develop them, but I would rather he do it at the AHL level.

Fun with lines. The first setup is what I expect Bylsma to spit out to open the season, and the second will be what I would do if I were coach.

Kane-O'Reilly-Okposo --complete all-situations line, heavy minutes, toughest matchups

Vesey-Eichel-Reinhart --matchup line, offensively feast on lesser competition

Foligno-Larsson-Gionta --checking line

Deslauriers-Girgensons-Ennis --high energy, aggressive 4th line

Back to The Aud Club

Now onto mine. I'd like to at least try Reinhart at center and run a three scoring line setup, where O'Reilly's line continues to handle the other teams' best forwards. 

Girgensons-O'Reilly-Okposo --all-situations top line

Vesey-Eichel-Ennis --did somebody say offense?

Kane-Reinhart-Fasching/Bailey --Reinhart distributing, Fasching/Bailey digging Kane's wide shots out of the corner

Foligno-Larsson-Gionta --new-age 4th line: talent, complementary scoring, not in over their heads against difficult matchups

Edit: These lines become considerably less fun without Vesey. Luckily, he's signing here. Yes.

Yes Vesey is signing here. Both combo's you show look fun but I cant come to grips with Girgs on the top line. No way no how not now. And DD better figure this out before the season starts. I'd rather not see rotating players on lines like last year.  

I wouldn't say "everyone." I think most people expect Bailey to start in Rochester. But Bailey is also a righty which has less competition for immediate ice time.

I think there will be camp battles. I don't think there's any definitive word on Bailey or Carrier right now. If they're the better players they'll be on the team.

If I were the one to decide then I'd give Carrier the chance over Bailey. Carrier has seems to be a more consistent player.

I know we've all penciled in Vesey-Eichel-Reinhart since Vesey's rights were acquired, but do we really think that's a good idea? Those are three players with a total of 169 games played and none of them are known to be outstanding defensive players. There's also not a lick of physicality there.

Reinhart and Eichel were so fun together, but if Vesey really wants/needs to play with Eichel it might be better to split them up and put Okposo on the other wing. Or if Vesey can play with O'Reilly then you can put Kane there. Or, the wet dream for some on the board, Girgensons goes to Eichel's wing.

We've got options. I'll play the game TB did above and mix and match a bit. His first lineup above with Larsson and Girgensons switched is the lineup I would probably piece together if I were to guess the lines Bylsma goes with.

If splitting up Eichel and Reinhart is a possibility then:

Kane - O'Reilly - Reinhart

Vesey - Eichel - Okposo

Foligno - Girgensons - Ennis

Deslauriers - Larsson - Gionta

If they would rather get Reinhart to center now and think O'Reilly's true long-term position is on the wing then this could be a possibility at some point:

O'Reilly - Reinhart - Ennis

Vesey - Eichel - Okposo

Kane - Girgensons - Bailey?

Foligno - Larsson - Gionta

A great point, and my objection to that line of thinking exactly. I like these lines much more. 

Also, there is no way Ennis is a 3rd liner, especially on this team. And I hate demoting Larsson to the 4th after his season. IMO, 1-2 of Kane, Ennis, or Girgensons are moved

Edited by WildCard

A great point, and my objection to that line of thinking exactly. I like these lines much more.

Also, there is no way Ennis is a 3rd liner, especially on this team. And I hate demoting Larsson to the 4th after his season. IMO, 1-2 of Kane, Ennis, or Girgensons are moved

Why not? Three scoring lines. Oh, right, Bylsma.

As to Larsson, I agree, but I also envision our 4th line being a real line that gets minutes, not the token 4 minutes of butt puckering hoping nothing bad happens it was this season.

If Kane is moved i want more than fowler.

I'm not sure you could get Fowler's equipment for Kane right now. Of course, all the more reason to not trade Kane.

Why not? Three scoring lines. Oh, right, Bylsma.

As to Larsson, I agree, but I also envision our 4th line being a real line that gets minutes, not the token 4 minutes of butt puckering hoping nothing bad happens it was this season.

I mean, again, it's Byslma. I consistently checked the stats after the games last year for each following GDT, Byslma did not play his 4th line, at all. Weather that was because they were terrible or not, I'm not sure.

If Kane is moved i want more than fowler.

Good luck. Fowler is worth much more than Kane

I mean, again, it's Byslma. I consistently checked the stats after the games last year for each following GDT, Byslma did not play his 4th line, at all. Weather that was because they were terrible or not, I'm not sure.

Good luck. Fowler is worth much more than Kane

I mean, I'm not Bylsma's biggest fan, but I'm not giving Moulson-Legwand-Deslauriers any use time either :lol:

I mean, I'm not Bylsma's biggest fan, but I'm not giving Moulson-Legwand-Deslauriers any use time either :lol:

Yeah I got about halfway through that post and realized the same thing :D

Fowler is not that good, the market and panic is inflating his value.

It's more so that Kane isn't, and he has no value

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.