The "There Is Nothing Wrong With Jack Eichel" Thread

bob_sauve28

I mentioned in the GDT about how lucky we are to watch a player with O'Reilly's work ethic and skill, and I feel the same way about Jack. Jack is very very raw in his own zone and with his decision-making in general, and yet he's on pace for 26 goals, about 50 points, and could go on a run and make those numbers higher. All on pure skill. 

Watch Chara have no idea what to do when Jack holds the puck, and on the 3 on 2 rush that led to that goal, watch him slow the game down when there isn't a lane to the net or one of his teammates. I can't wait until Eichel figures out the game at this level because when he does, it will be something to behold. 

Jack Eichel and Ryan O'Reilly, two incredibly rare talents that we get to watch develop at the same time on our team. I'm going to savor this. I'm going to get sad when I don't get to catch a game in the middle of the season because of this. 

(And we have Reinhart and Risto and Girgensons and McCabe and other young and good players too! :) )

One thing you notice is how defenders respect Eichel with the puck. They contain rather than attack.

Speed kills. Especially when combined with patience and he really showed that on the entire play that led to his goal. When he has the puck in the O zone, I have confidence he is going to find a guy to make a play. He has been doing that all season and we just haven't been able to finish. I hope this sparks a run for the kid.

GO SABRES!!!

The team needs to catch up to Eichel not the other way around.

And for all the complaining about Kane not fitting with Eichel, I think you have to recognize that even though he and Eichel get crossed up sometimes, Kane is one of the few players that can keep up with Eichel.  Ennis is the other one.  With just a little time together, I can see that line being formidable to defend against. 

Really wishing i wasn't living in Hawaii for Jacks rookie season. I catch all the highlights and stuff i just am never able to watch the fully games and see how he is developing due to my work schedule and my house being a zoo. Very excited about the future though!

Made my day ...

Really wishing i wasn't living in Hawaii for Jacks rookie season. I catch all the highlights and stuff i just am never able to watch the fully games and see how he is developing due to my work schedule and my house being a zoo. Very excited about the future though!

Made my day ...

Whoa.....  It's like Star Wars in here......

The team needs to catch up to Eichel not the other way around.

THANK YOU!

Jack Edwards, who was fine by the way (and called Mcginn's goal with 10 times the enthusiasm of Dan Dunleavy), compared Eichel's vision to Pele. Edwards recounted that Pele would pass the ball unexpectedly to teammates, who would then trip over the ball. Yes, Edwards did say the comparison might seem a little exaggerated, Pele being one of the greatest athletes of all time.

And for all the complaining about Kane not fitting with Eichel, I think you have to recognize that even though he and Eichel get crossed up sometimes, Kane is one of the few players that can keep up with Eichel.  Ennis is the other one.  With just a little time together, I can see that line being formidable to defend against.

That line flat out dominated the Bruins on several occassions. If that is what DB was envisioning, I may not hate his vision for the lines as much as I was hating it. Z & Larsson are playing well together as well.

Looking forward to seeing if the KEE line can dominate the Caps like they did the B's. It'll be a tougher task, but if they can, that'll be a real fun couple of games to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great breakdown of Jack Eichel's gameplay in 10 game blocks. Great read, Jack is really coming along nicely.

http://buffalowins.net/buffalo-sabres/eichel-progresssion-and-comparisons-after-40-games-by-sabresstats.html

"Eichel looks even better in this context.  He’s 2nd in points, just one behind Patrick Kane, over the 2nd twenty game stretch.  He’s top 3 in goals, assists, points, shots and TOI." - Compared to other 1st or 2nd overall draft picks 21-40th game.

This is a great breakdown of Jack Eichel's gameplay in 10 game blocks. Great read, Jack is really coming along nicely.

http://buffalowins.net/buffalo-sabres/eichel-progresssion-and-comparisons-after-40-games-by-sabresstats.html

"Eichel looks even better in this context.  He’s 2nd in points, just one behind Patrick Kane, over the 2nd twenty game stretch.  He’s top 3 in goals, assists, points, shots and TOI." - Compared to other 1st or 2nd overall draft picks 21-40th game.

Great article, thanks for that, Liger. And let's keep in mind the year that Crosby/Ovie played in 

Those stats are missing two things.

Dylan. Larkin.

It really wouldn't be that hard to add his stats in

Wasn't drafted 1st or 2nd overall. That said even if you include Larkin, Jack is only 2pts behind him and coming on strong.

I know that about Larkin, but I think he truly belongs in this analysis.

And thinking a bit more broadly, remember when people talked about McDavid possibly going to TO and how great that rivalry would be? The real rivalry could end up being Bflo-Detroit with Jack-Dylan.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.