The "There Is Nothing Wrong With Jack Eichel" Thread

bob_sauve28

To expand, Tyler had 11 goals and 22 points in 74 games his rookie season, with a limited role on a cup team. 

He has now passed Sidney Crosby and has more points per game in the last three seasons combined than any other player in hockey.

Yeah, just think if his coach didn't stifle offensive talent what he'd be doing.

FIFO for me 

I'd really like you to explain LIFO given the same parameters.

Edited by Woods-Racer

The problem with Jack is confidence.  He just needs to keep working and it will come.  For instance, we all know he can do this, but now when he tries, he swings a bit too wide and the defense gets a chance to make the play.  When he learns what's required and executes it a few times, he'll be fine.

Well, FIFO is the only method that is in accordance with GAAP.

LIFO is in direct contradiction 0f GAAP, therefore it can only be used internally and not externally.

If we are going to not be in compliance with GAAP, then I am a huge fan of the Weighted Average method.  Of course, since it is also contrary to GAAP, we are speaking internally and not externally here.

I happen to know a thing, or two, about such matters ...  :flirt:

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

LIFO is in direct contradiction 0f GAAP, therefore it can only be used internally and not externally.

If we are going to not be in compliance with GAAP, then I am a huge fan of the Weighted Average method.  Of course, since it is also contrary to GAAP, we are speaking internally and not externally here.

Nothing like some good accounting policy/GAAP to get my blood flowing. I knew I liked you SFiNS.

I can drink better than Jack, I'll guarantee you that

Dunno, could have been a wild Freshman year for him....

This, mostly. I love Jack Eichel. He is so talented he is going to score more than 20 goals despite the fact the game is often moving too fast for him right now. He can't do things he is used to doing and he isn't the go-to guy he is used to being. He's frustrated by it, and sometimes it shows.

It's adversity but I think he is a competitor and I think he will be better for it in the long run.

It's nobody's fault, it's just part of the learning process.

He isn't playing as well as his talent would suggest but that is OK because he is just 19.

Your Buffalo Sabres aren't winning as much as their talent would suggest, but that is OK because they are just 30 games removed from being the worst team in hockey.

And like your Buffalo Sabres, Jack Eichel will be much more than just fine.

good perspective....

Honestly, I have no idea if your FIFO/ LIFO is the same as what I'm referring to  :lol:

It's all about optimization  ;)

Dunno, could have been a wild Freshman year for him....

He's but a wee young lad

The problem with Jack is confidence.  He just needs to keep working and it will come.  For instance, we all know he can do this, but now when he tries, he swings a bit too wide and the defense gets a chance to make the play.  When he learns what's required and executes it a few times, he'll be fine.

Confidence is the key with him right now. He's too much in his own head, I'm not sure he or anyone else but DD and GMTM saw him struggling like he has. He'll be fine in the long run though 

“I’ve been going to the Garden my whole life, watching the Bruins play, and now I am going to go there to play against the Bruins. It will be a little bit weird, I am just super excited for it. What a dream come true.’’

He's gonna bomb tomorrow.  Awful.  Just watch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.