The "There Is Nothing Wrong With Jack Eichel" Thread

bob_sauve28

I just see talent all over this kid.

I don't really care if at 18 he isn't leading the league or even the Sabre in scoring, he's got 15 more years or so to do that.

I think he looks amazing out there.

When it all comes together for him, which it eventually will, he will be great.

Yes

Yes

Definitely not

Yes

I just see greatness all over this kid. I don't really care if at 18 he isn't leading the league or even the Sabre in scoring, he's got 15 more years or so to do that. I think he looks amazing out there. When it all comes together for him, which it eventually will, he will be great.

Yep. The 19 year old version is pretty good. The Sabres 2nd or 3rd best forward.

Liked his game the past 2 games after a bit of a slump. Looking forward to watching him improve over the next 2-3 years and take it to another level.

the way he handles the puck, finds open areas, shoots and his speed. I think he's amazing now

Semantics. Does he look amazing? Probably not. Does he do amazing things multiple times every game? To my eyes, yes. It's a glass half full situation and too many are not giving him credit for remarkable plays the likes of which we have rarely seen here, like almost scoring directly off a faceoff with 1.something seconds left. Three times a game he makes uncanny passes to set up teammates. It's not his fault they're all wearing oven mitts.

How many of you can do what he has done when you were 18? Ok now stop talking

One, to be deservedly respectful to you, I understand your point and think it's s great guiding principal for a life well lived.

Two, we'd lose half the Internet if we couldn't sit here in our chairs and comment on others. Have you seen me in the politics thread?!

On to Jack. I'd be disappointed if I bought into some of the "he reminds me of Lemieux" talk I heard nationally after three or four games. I didn't. I'm not.

Interestingly, Samson's ahead of any curve I imagined for him if Jack's slightly behind his. This is bigger news for the Sabres.

Skills are awesome. 82 game pace seems a grind. Consistency's not there, but it's not anywhere on this team not numbered 90 or 55.

I think the mini break will help.

Edited by N'eo

The kid has talent, but he needs to learn that he can't do in the NHL what he could playing against kids. 

Last game he really stinked up that Powerplay in OT trying to be to cute instead of passing the puck around.   I believe he lost the puck 4xtimes, but its also on the vets on that PP, if you see him stink it up 2x times , 3rd time I would say you kid I'm carrying it into the zone this time.

Its a learning curve for the kid, but he should have picked it up by now like Samson has.

Jack Eichel the hockey talent is scintillating. Every game, even his bad games, there's a flash.

Jack Eichel the hockey player needs more work than I thought he would. He could also use some help, which I don't think Bylsma is giving him enough of.

No, I'm not worried.

This, mostly. I love Jack Eichel. He is so talented he is going to score more than 20 goals despite the fact the game is often moving too fast for him right now. He can't do things he is used to doing and he isn't the go-to guy he is used to being. He's frustrated by it, and sometimes it shows.

It's adversity but I think he is a competitor and I think he will be better for it in the long run.

It's nobody's fault, it's just part of the learning process.

He isn't playing as well as his talent would suggest but that is OK because he is just 19.

Your Buffalo Sabres aren't winning as much as their talent would suggest, but that is OK because they are just 30 games removed from being the worst team in hockey.

And like your Buffalo Sabres, Jack Eichel will be much more than just fine.

Edited by dudacek

This, mostly. I love Jack Eichel. He is so talented he is going to score more than 20 goals despite the fact the game is often moving too fast for him right now. He can't do things he is used to doing and he isn't the go-to guy he is used to being. He's frustrated by it, and sometimes it shows.

It's adversity but I think he is a competitor and I think he will be better for it in the long run.

It's nobody's fault, it's just part of the learning process.

He isn't playing as well as his talent would suggest but that is OK because he is just 19.

Your Buffalo Sabres aren't winning as much as their talent would suggest, but that is OK because they are just 30 games removed from being the worst team in hockey.

And like your Buffalo Sabres, Jack Eichel will be much more than just fine.

We are only 6 points out of a playoff spot, we got them right were we want them to be.    This is a new team learning a new system, with two rookies who have consistency issues (Reinhart been solid last couple of weeks though).    If they can click in January we could find us in the playoff race pack.

I just see greatness all over this kid. I don't really care if at 18 he isn't leading the league or even the Sabre in scoring, he's got 15 more years or so to do that. I think he looks amazing out there. When it all comes together for him, which it eventually will, he will be great.

Kind of a weird homeresque rose colored glasses topic... Jack has a lot of talent and so did SRhino last year, Jack just needs to keep playing and spend an off season reevaluating his game to work on his weaknesses.

Weakenesses include when and when not to keep carrying the puck, physicality and determination in the corners, body check throwing and chemistry with his linemates. PS he is getting better in all these areas imo, but they are not yet instinctively.

So is he talented yes, but is he still a work in progress you betcha.

I like the title of this thread as an opponent against the pithier JACK EICHEL WILL BE FINE

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH JACK EICHEL

How bout "Educating Jack" or "Jack is Wack" or for next year "New Jack City..." Or next year's title "Jack is Back and Bad" .., I could go on... but really ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.