GDT: Buffalo @ Tampa, 7:30 pm EST, NBCSN, 11/10/2015

WildCard

Go to "Head-to-Head" match-ups scroll down to see Sabres Players vs. Lightning Players. O'Reilly, Gionta, and Moulson got absolutely worked tonight, by everyone they went up against. Oddly enough, everyone else did very well, especially the 2nd and 3rd lines

http://war-on-ice.com/game.html?seasongcode=2015201620221

That's a crappy line.  O'Reilly looked  nice in Alamo Mode, though.

:wub:

O'Reilly can cover for one defensive liability, he can't cover for two. Those guys are like anchors on whatever line they're on and have to be apart. This is where losing Kane really hurts, I think.

But whatever happens, for the love of everything, can we please stop giving Gionta 19+ minutes? He can play a nice role on this team, but that is not it.

Gotta thank you for getting me hooked on hockey stats. I've always been a stat junky, being a big fan of baseball and math and what not, but I never really got into the hockey stats until the past year or so. So much fun

As for the anchors, you and Flagg have it right with that description. Best part about Gionta's night? Not only was he abysmal in the role he was put in, but he was 2nd in forwards in TOI. Put that dude on the 3rd or 4th line, get him off the special teams, and I'm happy. 14 minutes a night is what he deserves.

That's a crappy line.  O'Reilly looked  nice in Alamo Mode, though.

Which is really bumming me out because every other line looked so good, and I don't want to sacrifice 3 lines to free O'Reilly but he is so vital to this team. I honestly would keep Moulson, and put Reinhart up on that line with O'Reilly 

Gotta thank you for getting me hooked on hockey stats. I've always been a stat junky, being a big fan of baseball and math and what not, but I never really got into the hockey stats until the past year or so. So much fun

As for the anchors, you and Flagg have it right with that description. Best part about Gionta's night? Not only was he abysmal in the role he was put in, but he was 2nd in forwards in TOI. Put that dude on the 3rd or 4th line, get him off the special teams, and I'm happy. 14 minutes a night is what he deserves.

Which is really bumming me out because every other line looked so good, and I don't want to sacrifice 3 lines to free O'Reilly but he is so vital to this team. I honestly would keep Moulson, and put Reinhart up on that line with O'Reilly 

I'm fine with that.

I think Gionta is the misfit.

love this tradition, someone needs to loop the video with the music for a 10hour loop.  Then we can youtube this shizzle

GFJ Sabres!  Not only was it fun to watch but Eichel put on a show. There was a play in the third where he found a loose puck and fought off Stamkos to get a shot on. This kid is special!

Risto +1 Goal

Eichel +1 Goal

Franson +1 Goal

Foligno +1Goal

= WIN!

Just think, Jack Eichel is just warming up.

Well I think Jack Eichel's national debutante ball went well, didn't you?

Jack just dropped pants and everyone was like "dammmmmmmmm!!!!"

love this tradition, someone needs to loop the video with the music for a 10hour loop.  Then we can youtube this shizzle

Ummm... if you just let it run on gifsound, it goes indefinitely. (Don't ask me how I know :angel: )

Ryan Callahan was the 2nd Star.  I don't remember ever hearing his name.

Ummm... if you just let it run on gifsound, it goes indefinitely. (Don't ask me how I know :angel: )

Ryan Callahan was the 2nd Star.  I don't remember ever hearing his name.

Lol I noticed that. Just wish we could youtube it so I could watch it on the forum directly

After 15 games Eichel is leading the team with 56 shots. Second place goes to Risto who has 41. 

Hashtag youth movement

As a team, we're playing as well as anyone in the East other than the Rangers and Montreal.  I look forward to getting Bogo, Kane, and Lehner back.  We have a real shot at the playoffs if we get some goaltending.

It's going to be interesting adding them.

My game notes:

- Eichel! A star is born.

- Jackie boy was my #1 star, of course. My #2 was Ocho Cinco and Risto was #3.

- I loved seeing Risto tangle with Hedman in front of the net. He cleared the crease with an edge all game.

- I didn't see the strong game from Reinhart that others saw. I thought he was mostly ineffective.

- Moulson was even less effective than Reinhart though. I'd like to see Foligno get a shot with ROR and Gionta.

- that win has to be a nice confidence booster for Ocho.

- it's starting to happen.

Go Sabres.

My game notes:

- I loved seeing Risto tangle with Hedman in front of the net. He cleared the crease with an edge all game.

- I didn't see the strong game from Reinhart that others saw. I thought he was mostly ineffective.

- Moulson was even less effective than Reinhart though. I'd like to see Foligno get a shot with ROR and Gionta.

Go Sabres.

I like all of this but still play the minion next game. Where's that Rand Paul exploding head. It's happening. It's really happening!

My game notes:

Go Sabres.

He did during the empty net sequence, Dan recognized that Moulson was lost in the d-zone in the third and switched him with Marcus. We'll see if it stays.

This is so much fun. This team has me smiling ear to ear in the middle of class every day. Go Sabres!!

And, Tampa has as many wins and regulation losses as we do, but 2 games in hand (that they lost in OT/SO). So if we can win 1 of the next 2 games we pass them in the standings. Passing the Lightning in the standings! 17 games in!!

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.