GDT: Buffalo @ Tampa, 7:30 pm EST, NBCSN, 11/10/2015

WildCard

Executed well from puck drop to empty netter. Can't remember seeing a team with the skill of TB have so much trouble getting out of their own end. Forecheck and defensive zone structure was top notch.

Again, Eich's coming out party. These guys continue to gush into the aftergame show. "Mario Lemieux-type stuff". So nice to have a shiny little object in Buffalo. 

I thought one of Reinhart's strongest games as well. Literally. First time I've seen him shield the forecheck to buy time for zone clearance like that. And his awareness was on display also.

A lotttttt of hate on Gionta on here. I like the guy on the ice in key situations more than Mouls. His game continues to regress.

Hey this is fun!

Complete Stats for the game

Go ahead and look at that top line's stats, not even close when compared to every other player. And we know it ain't O'Reilly dragging them down

That shot chart is amazing.  TONS of Tampa shots in dangerous areas, and so very few shots taken from the LW side of the ice by Buffalo.

Go to "Head-to-Head" match-ups scroll down to see Sabres Players vs. Lightning Players. O'Reilly, Gionta, and Moulson got absolutely worked tonight, by everyone they went up against. Oddly enough, everyone else did very well, especially the 2nd and 3rd lines

http://war-on-ice.com/game.html?seasongcode=2015201620221

Edited by WildCard

That shot chart is amazing.  TONS of Tampa shots in dangerous areas, and so very few shots taken from the LW side of the ice by Buffalo.

Right? I love that site for after the game charts. That and the other one I posted can really tell you a lot about what we witness on the ice

Edit: You can also go to the Event Charts on war-on-ice, and they show everything in some really amazingly interactive charts

Edited by WildCard

I didn't see this mentioned, and maybe it was, but that was, by far, Eichel's best game this year so far.

He likes the national spotlight. That bodes oh-so-well when we make the playoffs again.

A few games ago I commented on how you could see the frustration in his game. There was no frustration tonight.

That's a hard thing to ask of a Buffalo sports fan.  Baby steps:  I'll acknowledge the possibility.

....and another Preds goal.  7-5 now.

Awesome game.  I actually turned down box seats for tonight's Preds - Sens game.  Did the Sabres-Bills double in Buffalo this weekend and I have Preds tickets Thursday and Saturday.  Needed a night home for a change... and wanted to watch the Sabres beat Tampa!

Awesome game.  I actually turned down box seats for tonight's Preds - Sens game.  Did the Sabres-Bills double in Buffalo this weekend and I have Preds tickets Thursday and Saturday.  Needed a night home for a change... and wanted to watch the Sabres beat Tampa!

The rooting against a division opponent has intensified already.

Right? I love that site for after the game charts. That and the other one I posted can really tell you a lot about what we witness on the ice

Edit: You can also go to the Event Charts on war-on-ice, and they show everything in some really amazingly interactive charts

:wub:

Go to "Head-to-Head" match-ups scroll down to see Sabres Players vs. Lightning Players. O'Reilly, Gionta, and Moulson got absolutely worked tonight, by everyone they went up against. Oddly enough, everyone else did very well, especially the 2nd and 3rd lines

http://war-on-ice.com/game.html?seasongcode=2015201620221

O'Reilly can cover for one defensive liability, he can't cover for two. Those guys are like anchors on whatever line they're on and have to be apart. This is where losing Kane really hurts, I think.

But whatever happens, for the love of everything, can we please stop giving Gionta 19+ minutes? He can play a nice role on this team, but that is not it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.