GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 7:00 pm edt, 10/29/2015

WildCard

Let Webby play. It's his hometown. He's on the roster. 

This is one of those moves a coach makes that every player notices.  Weber doesn't need to play, but you're in his hometown.  You throw him a bone, put him in the lineup, and every player appreciates that the coach notices who is from where and what matters to them.

Let's be real.. you can interchange Franson, Weber, Colo, etc.  It's all the same pool of talent with the same kind of shortcomings.  If Bylsma were going to sit a top 4 defender for this purpose then it might draw some scrutiny.

Edited by LTS

Nikita Nikitin- I believe he's one of the worst in the league at everything else however.

Yup. Don't want him anywhere near this team.

gone next season will be M. Weber, Franson and Gorges (imo he's too slow for what this team is trying to become)...

some pending UFAs which could be upgrades in the speed department:

Nikita Nikitin

Yannick Weber

Dustin Byfuglien

Brian Campbell

Kieth Yandle

Tyson Barrie and Sami Vatanen are cream of the crop RFAs on teams with cap concerns (they'll need to sign McKinnon and Lindholm)... deals could be made. I'm a big fan of Barrie, he's still learning the NHL, but his speed is just fantastic.

Barrie is awesome. But he's a RHD, so that would probably necessitate more moves.

He will only be 30 to start next season, not everyone on the team has to be mid twenties, in fact its probably not a good thing if they are.

Which means he is 2 years from the rapid decline ages.  He will be a highly sought after UFA and probably require a 7yr deal.  I would be hesitant to pay him for that long, but Yandle is a solid NHL defender.  Risk/Reward here, will he maintain his play and for how long?

Which means he is 2 years from the rapid decline ages.  He will be a highly sought after UFA and probably require a 7yr deal.  I would be hesitant to pay him for that long, but Yandle is a solid NHL defender.  Risk/Reward here, will he maintain his play and for how long?

A) If the deal is structured correctly, it could ,make sense

B) His style of play lends himself to a slightly longer usefulness curve

C) I'm not really advocating signing him, just that his age isn't a deciding factor.

He won't see the NHL for at least 2 years

true.  he could eventually replace Yandle or Cambell.    am i getting ahead of myself.  yes.

OTSMP told GMTM to tell HCHDDB to play HBMW.

Owner Terry S? M? Pegula told General Manager Tim Murray to tell Head Coach Handsome Disco Dan Bylsma to play Hometown Boy Mike Wiener?

gone next season will be M. Weber, Franson and Gorges (imo he's too slow for what this team is trying to become)... 

some pending UFAs which could be upgrades in the speed department:

Nikita Nikitin

Yannick Weber

Dustin Byfuglien

Brian Campbell

Kieth Yandle

Tyson Barrie and Sami Vatanen are cream of the crop RFAs on teams with cap concerns (they'll need to sign McKinnon and Lindholm)... deals could be made.    I'm a big fan of Barrie, he's still learning the NHL, but his speed is just fantastic. 

Evander would love GMTM brining in Big Buff...

You didn't get tossed for calling out SDS and nfreeman in the other thread?

Apparently not.  I wasn't calling them out.  I actually wanted people to weigh in, including some discussion of when it's appropriate to start a new thread.  My idea behind the thread was to try to get little side conversations out of threads like this and discuss them in their own thread.

Off Topic System Management Police told General Manager Tim Murray to tell Head Coach Hot Disco Dan Blasma to play Hockey's Best Mike Weber.

Am I close?

OTSMP has to be Terry Pegula in there.

OTSMP told GMTM to tell HCHDDB to play HBMW.

Old Terry "Someone's Meddling!" Pegula told GMTM to tell HCHDDB to play Home-boy Mike Webber.

(GMTM is made up and HCHDDB is mine so I'm not typing them out. :))

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.