GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:00 pm edt, 10/27/2015

WildCard

I must say the 3v3 overtime is great. I'll be happy never seeing a shootout again. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and shouting at the TV. 

Chad Johnson comes up big borrowing Hasek's slinky on that one. 

Finally ZEHM-gus; calm, cool and 5-hole. 

Let's carry this into the Pittsburgh game. 

post hype edit: That overtime was great but I'm not a fan of the last three minutes of regulation. They tried to sit on a one goal lead just getting the puck to center ice instead of breaking it out and getting it deep. I feel one face-off in the offensive zone seals that game out for Buffalo. 

I will also say that the refs "were letting them play" not calling penalties by both teams and I hate that. The holds, hooks and interference calls need to start being called. I want this game to favor the scorers and when players are getting bear-hugged off the puck and thrown to the ice in front of the net before the pass even gets there its dragging the league down. 

Edited by Ottosmagic13

eleven, I love your postgame tradition. I don't want anyone to see me doing the Eichel though. This should replace Bert singing The Wonder of You. OK, we need to get the Erie Canal song in place first.

Zemgus: he thinks he can, he thinks can, he thinks he can. And he did!!! I thought this was his best game so far.

I must say the 3v3 overtime is great. I'll be happy never seeing a shootout again. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and shouting at the TV. 

Chad Johnson comes up big borrowing Hasek's slinky on that one. 

Finally ZEHM-gus; calm, cool and 5-hole. 

Let's carry this into the Pittsburgh game. 

post hype edit: That overtime was great but I'm not a fan of the last three minutes of regulation. They tried to sit on a one goal lead just getting the puck to center ice instead of breaking it out and getting it deep. I feel one face-off in the offensive zone seals that game out for Buffalo. 

I will also say that the refs "were letting them play" not calling penalties by both teams and I hate that. The holds, hooks and interference calls need to start being called. I want this game to favor the scorers and when players are getting bear-hugged off the puck and thrown to the ice in front of the net before the pass even gets there its dragging the league down. 

Has been that way since about 1/1/07 and it will continue.  Sux.  

Good game. Two major weak points being the soft goal on Johnson and Eichel's brain-farts during the second. Otherwise a relatively consistent game from start to finish.

Hopefully Girgenson's goal will get the monkey off his back and he can start playing his game - I think he's been snake-bit up until today's OT.

When there's real chemistry, you can see it developing. We're seeing real chemistry develop between Eichel and Reinhart. I'm not sure who should be the third-wheel on their line, but I suspect that Bylsma will throw Kane in with them (assuming he keeps that pair together) when Kane returns.

I don't know WTH the league is trying to do, letting a lot of calls go. I wonder if there's some sort of dictum where lower-ranked teams are allowed to play sloppy because that's what they do, but I didn't like the boarding I saw from the Flyers sometime in the third that was let go.

Glad to see Eichel caught the Flyer goon out of corner of his eye to avoid the hit. This was the kind of game I was waiting for where the opposition was clearly out to beat down Eichel. He seemed aware of that and pretty much avoided everything, but I'll be happy after this season when Eichel is a year older and wiser, and bigger and stronger and able to handle the riff-raff.

Johnson gives up some terrible goals (like the Flyers' first goal), but he did make the big save when it mattered in this one.  Nice to get a well deserved win.  We outplayed the Flyers in this one.  If the refs in this league actually called penalties, both teams would have been on the power play for majority of the 60 regulation minutes.

Good game. Two major weak points being the soft goal on Johnson and Eichel's brain-farts during the second. Otherwise a relatively consistent game from start to finish.

Hopefully Girgenson's goal will get the monkey off his back and he can start playing his game - I think he's been snake-bit up until today's OT.

When there's real chemistry, you can see it developing. We're seeing real chemistry develop between Eichel and Reinhart. I'm not sure who should be the third-wheel on their line, but I suspect that Bylsma will throw Kane in with them (assuming he keeps that pair together) when Kane returns.

I don't know WTH the league is trying to do, letting a lot of calls go. I wonder if there's some sort of dictum where lower-ranked teams are allowed to play sloppy because that's what they do, but I didn't like the boarding I saw from the Flyers sometime in the third that was let go.

Glad to see Eichel caught the Flyer goon out of corner of his eye to avoid the hit. This was the kind of game I was waiting for where the opposition was clearly out to beat down Eichel. He seemed aware of that and pretty much avoided everything, but I'll be happy after this season when Eichel is a year older and wiser, and bigger and stronger and able to handle the riff-raff.

hear hear

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.