GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo, 7:00pm edt, 10/21/2015

WildCard

I'm not Milton Friedman, but if tix are 20 bucks on StubHub, where's the demand? Maybe STHs are holding onto their seats. That, though, would apparently reduce supply and increase demand, leading to higher prices.

Now 17.

If supply is high (as indicated by low prices), the demand by drunken hosers will be stimulated, giving rise to a huge Leafs contingent at the arena.

Lose this game and people will stop talking about seeing improvement and start asking what the ##### is wrong with this team.

Correct.

Just some pregame chatter fodder, not worthy of its own thread. But Kane going to NYC on Sunday night to see the Mets game made me think. If he gets held up in New York with some unforeseen travel difficulty and misses practice the next morning in Buffalo, does he get suspended? How would it be different than the Zadorov situation? It was a very chilly night — did he sit out in the elements? If so, young or not, that's not necessarily something you want one of your players doing less than 12 hours before a practice. How does this play with his teammates? Why do I imagine Mark Pysyk at home in a snuggy, drinking cocoa and watching game film?

Just some pregame chatter fodder, not worthy of its own thread. But Kane going to NYC on Sunday night to see the Mets game made me think. If he gets held up in New York with some unforeseen travel difficulty and misses practice the next morning in Buffalo, does he get suspended? How would it be different than the Zadorov situation? It was a very chilly night — did he sit out in the elements? If so, young or not, that's not necessarily something you want one of your players doing less than 12 hours before a practice. How does this play with his teammates? Why do I imagine Mark Pysyk at home in a snuggy, drinking cocoa and watching game film?

Didn't know he went to the Mets game.  I know he was in Toronto for the Jays game and took a helicopter.

Because Mark Pysyk is awesome.  The 1st round pick we forgot about.

I think you have a very valid question.

No different than Zads.

And I'll take a rule bender over the guy sitting at home in his snuggy every day.  Mike Richards over Jason Pominville.  Just don't sign him to a long term deal.   :P

Don't count on it.  There is no law so powerful as supply and demand.

Sure there is... they are called price controls, ceilings, floors, etc.

Governments do it all the time.  

Corporations do it too.  They are called Minimum Advertised Prices (MAP).  There are also strict controls on the price certain items can ever be sold for, advertised or not.  I see it all the time when shopping for my son's hockey equipment. :)

I know what you are getting at though.  But then again, just because you can doesn't mean you should.  Absolutely no selling of tickets to Leaf fans.  Period. :)

Lines from the morning skate

@BuffaloSabres: Morning skate #Sabres lines:

Reinhart-O'Reilly-Ennis

Kane-Eichel-McGinn

Moulson-Girgensons-Gionta

Deslauriers-Larsson/Legwand-Foligno

D Pairings

@BuffaloSabres: Defense pairings:

Gorges-Ristolainen

McCabe-Pysyk

Weber-Franson

Colaiacovo

Lines from the morning skate

@BuffaloSabres: Morning skate #Sabres lines:

Reinhart-O'Reilly-Ennis

Kane-Eichel-McGinn

Moulson-Girgensons-Gionta

Deslauriers-Larsson/Legwand-Foligno

D Pairings

@BuffaloSabres: Defense pairings:

Gorges-Ristolainen

McCabe-Pysyk

Weber-Franson

Colaiacovo

What is HD's problem with Moulson and Eichel? You want net front presence...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.