TSN: NHL cocaine use

Hoss

Did I read that right? The NHL tests for cocaine — knows its use is increasing — but it's not a bannable offense? Is it possible the league's interest is maintaining its reputation as the lily-white league whose good guy players just like to have a beer on the team bus?

Did I read that right? The NHL tests for cocaine — knows its use is increasing — but it's not a bannable offense? Is it possible the league's interest is maintaining its reputation as the lily-white league whose good guy players just like to have a beer on the team bus?

I think it's just the opposite. I think the league knows who its players are. If anything, it's a refreshing acceptance of the drug abuse culture that is pervasive in a lot of sports. That it exists in the NHL isn't a shock to anyone who studies the history of the game. It is possible that there aren't athletes anywhere who have a history of partying harder than NHLers. 

Could you imagine if the league came out tomorrow and said "we're not worried about our players using recreational drugs. They're pro athletes and this is what pro athletes do. We'll work to prevent drugs from being used during the games, but off the ice...they can live how they want." 

Stuff that family friendly image, Chet and Muffy!  :devil:

I think it's just the opposite. I think the league knows who its players are. If anything, it's a refreshing acceptance of the drug abuse culture that is pervasive in a lot of sports. That it exists in the NHL isn't a shock to anyone who studies the history of the game. It is possible that there aren't athletes anywhere who have a history of partying harder than NHLers. 

Could you imagine if the league came out tomorrow and said "we're not worried about our players using recreational drugs. They're pro athletes and this is what pro athletes do. We'll work to prevent drugs from being used during the games, but off the ice...they can live how they want." 

Stuff that family friendly image, Chet and Muffy!  :devil:

These cowboys might have something to say about that.

https://youtu.be/dleLYhWIiEk

Cocaine is definitely "fashionable" right now and it has been for about two to three years. It might as well be snowing in Los Angeles.

Been an easy accessible and cheap drug in europe for 20 years now, I know alot of users or former users.

Just weird it isn't bannable offense because cocaine is forbidden in most sports.

Edited by Huckleberry

Cocaine is definitely "fashionable" right now and it has been for about two to three years. It might as well be snowing in Los Angeles.

I was pretty surprised when I discovered how many people I knew were doing it in college a few years ago even here in upstate. I guess it's only gotten more popular since. 

With the amount of Ronald Regan ballwashing in the last Republican debate, I'm not surprised cocaine is making a comeback. Donald Trump is one linen suit away from being the bad guy in Roadhouse. 

I guess it's time to watch the seemingly endless episodes of VH1's "I Love he 80's" to prepare for the impending 80's resurgence. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.