GDT: Leafs at Sabres, 9/29/2015, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

Missed the first period, but saw the 2nd and 3rd and that was fun. Some thoughts:

- Lehner was luckier than good early on, but he looked better as the game wore on and very good in the 3rd.

- Eichel. Wow. (Anyone catch what the crowd chanted as he was coming out of the box in the third?)

- Thank goodness Ennis is okay.

- Hope Guhle isn't concussed. That hit looked a little like charging, but either way he got crushed.

- Good for Rodriguez.

More, please!

I like where they called Des "some idiot" That's Des' job, he knows what he's supposed to do. Don't rag on him for trying to stick up for a rookie who, like you said, got lit up by a vet in a preseason game.

Then again, Ennis took out Stone last game after Stone came off a serious injury, and I told Stone to quit his bitchin, so....

I've heard hockey is a rough game....   :death:

Eichel, Rodrigues, Moulson! Nicely balanced.  Guhle looked good until rocked by Phaneuf.   that POS!  

There were so many things to like tonight. Mr. Lehner, shut your doubters the up!  it was just a much better game from top to bottom. 

The hit wasn't clean, he left the ice, it's preseason.  Enough of the clown garbage!

I was hoping for more out of Legwand. Not bad, just vanilla-ish.

He's a bench player.  Literally, the bench.  McCormick has more to his game at this point.  He shouldn't be in the line-up over Larsson.

Lehner has really settled down tonight

I'm pretty happy about this.

Some of us have been getting on him already. Forgetting he is in first games back from a serious concussion and are quick to point out he has average stats.

Some of us understand he has not only rust but cobwebs to clear out. And never got a truly good deal in Ottawa if you listen to him. He would start to roll and they play the other goalie.

He's young and should fit in well on this team. I trust GMTM and especially his knowledge of Lehner. He's not doing that move without complete confidence in the player.

Now he has a shutout and can start to get real for the season. Goalie while I understand may be a question to some, will ultimately not be. Our D on the other hand...

Eichel, Rodrigues, Moulson! Nicely balanced.  Guhle looked good until rocked by Phaneuf.  ###### that POS!  

There were so many things to like tonight. Mr. Lehner, shut your doubters the ###### up!  it was just a much better game from top to bottom. 

The hit wasn't clean, he left the ice, it's preseason.  Enough of the clown garbage!

He's a bench player.  Literally, the bench.  McCormick has more to his game at this point.  He shouldn't be in the line-up over Larsson.

He shouldn't be on the ice over Kaleta either, let alone Larsson. He had a nice 10 seconds on the penalty kill, but one of the few times tonight the Leaf announcers where on the money was in saying the Leafs completely let him do that, no one took Legwand out of the play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.