Kim Pegula and Buffalo Sabres new goal song

LGR4GM

oh, man. that would be cool.

but the hockey crowd would not go for it, get on board.

I love the beginning of that version. A mock mournful sound for our dear departed opponent. I don't know why the crowd wouldn't love it, with the Buffalo reference and all. And so easy to sing along to. At first they could put the words up on the scoreboard. It would take some time to catch on, sure.

eleven, did you ever take your idea to anyone at the Sabres?

SDS: "Low bridge, everybody down... oh jeez, here we go again."

I want that as a mid-game singalong, not as a goal song!

Seriously, how would that not be better than the same Cotton Eyed Joe stuff that's played in every other arena?

I know. I shifted the discussion to an end of game, impending victory song.

The Kings "This Beat Goes On." If you want something subtler, then The Kings "Switchin' to Glide."

Added benefit, the band now controls the full rights to the songs so the guys that actually came up w/ 'em would make the money from the usage.

Yes!  I would second this.  I actually thought about that song when I re-listened to the proposed 1000 Swords song, because the band reminds me of the Kings.

Edit: See 2:39 for the chill-er "This Beats Goes On" (even has a call/response) or 3:40 onward for "Switchin' to Glide":

Edited by Cereal

I love the beginning of that version. A mock mournful sound for our dear departed opponent. I don't know why the crowd wouldn't love it, with the Buffalo reference and all. And so easy to sing along to. At first they could put the words up on the scoreboard. It would take some time to catch on, sure.

eleven, did you ever take your idea to anyone at the Sabres?

I need to do this.  I'll wait for Aud Smell to set up an audience with Kim.

I could not care less what the swords lyrics were written about at the time, why can't it be the song played along with a video on the jumbotron of soldiers going to battle with swords(real swords ;))  in hands.  Either way I'll sing, and I don't care what other fans/media think about it.

PS I think even though Howl just got selected as the NJ Devils song, it wouldn't surprise me if it wins.  Even though he is not part of the "marketing/pr/in-game experience coordinator" team, Gaslight Anthem is a huge favorite of Brian Duff's.  Wonder if it was his suggestion to begin with?

Edited by LabattBlue

Ugh, Howl is the better of the first two but the Devils pinched that one. I don't really get Yeah Yeah Yeah as a goal song, but it's not terrible. Maybe they'll re-write it "Hear us shout, the Sabres score again!" and SDS can feel safe in his masculinity. :)

Edited by MattPie

Swords of a Thousand Men!  - Perfect anthem for our beloved Swordsmen/Sabres.

Buffalove Cheers!

BTW, While I like the Dropkick Murphys, I hear them and always think of BOSTON.  That's their home band, we CANNOT have a goal song by a band that played live at the Patriots home opener and often heard in echoing in the rafters of the Bruins arena.

:o  :P

Swords of a Thousand Men! - Perfect anthem for our beloved Swordsmen/Sabres.

Buffalove Cheers!

BTW, While I like the Dropkick Murphys, I hear them and always think of BOSTON. That's their home band, we CANNOT have a goal song by a band that played live at the Patriots home opener and often heard in echoing in the rafters of the Bruins arena.

:o :P

Which makes me wonder why "long way down" from the goo goo dolls wasn't considered. It's not chanty but it sure as hell pumps you up.

Edited by inkman

no.

The slug was never a good logo. The Bills sending out a picture of their punter to STH was not a good move... These stupid decisions could have been prevented.

You watch your mouth. Everything is a penis. That's why penis clears the filter and ###### gets censored. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

idea: the interlude from 2:29 to 3:10.  Splice together a badass goal song from that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwqMKf7r7Xg

In fact, they don't even have to change it.  Just start the drums behind the horn and when the brass hits and quiets down at 3:04 you can have the PA guy call Eichel's goal and the lets go Buffalo chant can be started.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

idea: the interlude from 2:29 to 3:10.  Splice together a badass goal song from that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwqMKf7r7Xg

In fact, they don't even have to change it.  Just start the drums behind the horn and when the brass hits and quiets down at 3:04 you can have the PA guy call Eichel's goal and the lets go Buffalo chant can be started.

Actually I'd love to hear them play that at the beginning of the power play before the faceoff.

I want that as a mid-game singalong, not as a goal song!

Seriously, how would that not be better than the same Cotton Eyed Joe stuff that's played in every other arena?

Oh, the Erie Canal has to happen at the FNC.  It just does.

I think everything after a boy named goo is pretty much chick rock but I thought they were pretty good alt/punk band early on.

Wait, so are you saying that when 1/3 of a band's personnel change, the band's focus (and quality & marketability also) might change?

Goos avec George >>>>>>>>>>>>> Goos sans George.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.