Kim Pegula and Buffalo Sabres new goal song

LGR4GM

Scent is the strongest sense linked to memory.

Perhaps we should be gunning for a Sabres Goal SCENT rather than a Song?  Just imagine: Eichel rips one into the back of the net.... giant bellows start blasting gas throughout the FNC.... 18,000 delirious fans all start sniffin' and huffin'

Here is my list:

Long way to the top - ACDC

Thunder Struck - ACDC

Best of you - Foo Fighters

For whom the bell tolls - Metallica

Lonely boy - black keys (my favorite)

Very nice.

First two and the last one I could get behind.  I don't really know the other two.

Wha????

You don't know for whom the bell tolls by Metallica?!?  Go, go now and look it up.

Seconded.

Yep.  That's the way it's done.

I never really listened to Metallica.  Not saying it's a bad choice, just saying I don't know it.

EDIT:  Yeah, it's okay.  I could get behind that.

I dunno about you, man.   :P

There is a 2 minute intro ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg92QpjRcJk

Heh, a band I was in used to cover that song, including a time at a talent show where our new lead singer decided to do it death metal style. Not cool.

I like Swords, although folks are right that the alternates versions are probably better for this use. I suggested awhile back that "The Heavy - How you like me now?" would make a really solid choice, but I never bothered to suggest it to anyone in power. Catchy song that people *may* sing along too, as well as the Sabres saying "how you like me now?" to the fans and the league that despised them the last two years. Cut it up with the lead in and skip to 0:43 for just the chorus or something.

What about Come on Eileen? It's upbeat, everyone knows it, and it's great to sing along to.

Honestly that would be my vote. Right where it slows down and picks up at the end

(Seriously, listen to lyrics of "Come on Eileen" and "Don't You Want Me" and feel a little icky)

Edited by MattPie

I think the choices are for the most part too literal. Chelsea Dagger is pretty mindless. They're overthinking this. That said, if those are the choices, Swords of a Thousand Men comes closest to what I'd be looking for. It's a little out there, clever connection (swords, sabres) and, Dick, I can dance to it.

But, yeah, yikes, again we see such a lack of flair, creativity or imagination. Not impressed by Kim's work in arena atmosphere at all.

But, yeah, yikes, again we see such a lack of flair, creativity or imagination. Not impressed by Kim's work in arena atmosphere at all.

I can't disagree. Bear in mind, their music forays are focused on glossy Nashville country music - arguably the most formulaic and least imaginative genre out there. I think they're capae of getting a lot right. Just don't look for anything outside the box.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.