Sabres hosting their own prospect tournament Sept 12-14

pi2000

Presumably McCabe will play. What about Pysyk?

Going off of memory, doesn't Pysyk have 20 plus NHL games played and he is 23ish? If anyone would like to see him play as a warm up to pre-season that's understandable. I personally would like to see some one less expectant not only to make the NHL, but also be expected to be good at the NHL level at the start of the 2015 season at the tournament.

I'm border line on Chad Ruwedall (butchered name yes?) being at the tournament. I guess I just don't think guys that have been in the AHL going on 2-3 years with more than 20 NHL games as prospects as much as professions honing their game for the big league.

Edited by Woods-Racer

A few things on this...

1 - No NCAA players will be attending.  It has nothing to do with eligibility, and everything to do with school being in session along with hockey practices at the schools probably already in session.  Same reason why you never see NCAA players at training camp.

2 - There is NO WAY that Eichel and Reinhart will be sitting this out....short of being injured.  Not even a fraction of a percent.

3 - Criteria for prospect eligibility will be agreed upon prior to competition by all teams involved.  Could be age based, number of AHL games, number of NHL games, etc....

A few things on this...

1 - No NCAA players will be attending.  It has nothing to do with eligibility, and everything to do with school being in session along with hockey practices at the schools probably already in session.  Same reason why you never see NCAA players at training camp.

2 - There is NO WAY that Eichel and Reinhart will be sitting this out....short of being injured.  Not even a fraction of a percent.

3 - Criteria for prospect eligibility will be agreed upon prior to competition by all teams involved.  Could be age based, number of AHL games, number of NHL games, etc....

But, but, ... you don't KNOW that! They may be too busy getting ready to get ready to play hockey to actually, you know, PLAY hockey. /sarcasm

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Any announcements on television/web broadcast for these games?

The NHL Network ran full broadcast of the Traverse City Tournament for a couple years, but that fell off recently. 

If we're interested in letting the Sabres Organization know we would like to see this televised, now is the time (as opposed to the night before). 

I'd love to be there, but I'm an out of towner. 

Anyone know the details of getting tickets?  I have tried to get tix in a certain section (my folks want to sit w/ Bailey's grandparents and mother, with whom they are close friends) but the Sabres website doesn't seem to allow me to select a section.  

Anyone know the details of getting tickets?  I have tried to get tix in a certain section (my folks want to sit w/ Bailey's grandparents and mother, with whom they are close friends) but the Sabres website doesn't seem to allow me to select a section.  

tickets.com.  use "click here to select seats from map".

Reinhart looks to have worked his tail off with conditioning, strength and conditioning and power skating.  I am as excited as anyone on Eichel, but it's really Reinhart that has my eyes opened.  He truly took all the advantages he had and looks so much stronger in all sides of the game.  GMTM, please find someone in cap purgatory and steal a young mobile LHD.  :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.