Rochester Americans 2015-16

Hoss

Carrier with a 3 point game. Coaches have always raved about his game. Maybe next year he pushes Gionta or Legwand out of the lineup.

Is Gio under contract next year? For some reason I'm thinking he is but Gorges isn't. May have them mixed up or just be completely wrong!

Is Gio under contract next year? For some reason I'm thinking he is but Gorges isn't. May have them mixed up or just be completely wrong!

They're both under contract next year. Gionta has one more year and Gorges has two.

Legwand is not under contract next season.

We play Binghamton at home in an hour. Televised locally on TWC sports channel 26 or channel 323 in Buffalo. It's veterans night. God bless those folks. Jean Dupuy has been good. Passed my lamo eye test. I see that he is team leader in assists with 6 as well as being tied for 2nd among league rookies. I'd like to get a Reinhart and an Ullmark. Bailey has finally put up points over the weekend. I want to see him do that here. Go Amerks!

Good guys win 3-1. Carrier is definitely figuring it out. Dupuy with a goal. He was +5 heading into tonight's game. Liuwen looked pretty good. Sanguinetti had a nice play to interrupt a break away. Much better team to watch than last years.

Oh and it was military appreciation night. There were veterans there but I misrepresented the theme. Very fun crowd.

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointing looking at where this team is at. 2 under 500 and very surprised to see no goals from Evan Rodrigues honestly. Of course, I'm only looking at the stats.

Evan appears to be a very smart player in what we saw of him.

Good guys beat Bridgeport Sound in OT. First time playing them since 2001 and third time ever. First win against them. Weird...The second OT game in a row at home. I'm liking Dupuy. Baptiste had a good game. Despite their problems as a team, they did a decent job against a very good team. I agree with ink that the talent level doesn't match results. When they seem to have energy they are pretty good. I would expect Randy to be able to deal this....um, Randy? Your thoughts?

Keep your eye on Jean Dupuy. Scored the game winner in OT last night. Nothing but solid play from this kid all season. Projected to be a grinder but this kid seems to always know where to be and where to go with the puck. One of the few Amerks with a plus rating.

Also, Luiwen let in the softest of softies. Missed a puck glove side high that was lazily lobbed from the blue line.

I don't, whenever he gets called up he disappoints me.

I thought Schaller played a good game tonight.  +1, with an assist on Legwand's goal.  He did get owned in the faceoff dot (11%), but I think that's the kind of skill you have to learn at the big league level and frankly he hasn't had enough exposure yet.

Kaleta returned to action for his first game this year.

He returned with a classic, massive Kaleta hit. Those AHLers will have to keep one eye on the puck and the other on him. Baptiste with a goal. He was on a line with Dupuy first two periods. Makarov was fantastic in the SO.

Actually he was stellar in the OT as well.

I had my first peek at Fucale as well. Nice AHL goalie. Can't say much else.

He returned with a classic, massive Kaleta hit. Those AHLers will have to keep one eye on the puck and the other on him. Baptiste with a goal. He was on a line with Dupuy first two periods. Makarov was fantastic in the SO.

Actually he was stellar in the OT as well.

I had my first peek at Fucale as well. Nice AHL goalie. Can't say much else.

So Kaleta's hit was 3 seconds after the player passed the puck and he ran him from 60 feet away?

I have no trouble admitting when I'm wrong. When I first saw the official roster I saw Dupuy and not being familiar I googled the kid. Grinder? Skeptical! He's not only been solid but is humble with the media and seems to have fired up this group. Tomorrow night vs the Marlies is Star Wars night. My wife is driving so I'm going as Darth Inebriated. Look for me. I'll be the one that's strong with the drunk side.

I have no trouble admitting when I'm wrong. When I first saw the official roster I saw Dupuy and not being familiar I googled the kid. Grinder? Skeptical! He's not only been solid but is humble with the media and seems to have fired up this group. Tomorrow night vs the Marlies is Star Wars night. My wife is driving so I'm going as Darth Inebriated. Look for me. I'll be the one that's strong with the drunk side.

It's a good costume to wear.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.