Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Yup. I also see the blatant double standards. 

I'm done with this, there's nothing I did wrong. For those that have issues with my posts I see two logical solutions. Choose one and move on. 

Where?

You know what the funny thing about this is? I actually agree with you about your initial post

Where?

You know what the funny thing about this is? I actually agree with you about your initial post

If you agreed with his initial post you either didn't read the article and/or are not a parent. His post is literally the antithesis of the article.

I unfortunately can still see jj's quoted posts. Wow, so now he knows better than someone who's actually lived it and shared their experiences with the board.

But this is jj being jj. He's had this same "dance" with numerous posters on numerous topics.

If you agreed with his initial post you either didn't read the article and/or are not a parent. His post is literally the antithesis of the article.

I unfortunately can still see jj's quoted posts. Wow, so now he knows better than someone who's actually lived it and shared their experiences with the board.

But this is jj being jj. He's had this same "dance" with numerous posters on numerous topics.

I have rarely defended JJ but I have to say as someone quickly glancing through the thread that his post could be read as a positive spin on a horrific situation.  I didn't see him draw a causal connection to the father's conduct and the kid's success.  Dismissive of the conduct? Certainly.  Condoning? I think not.  I find the father's actions criminal.  But remember this is a forum, nothing more.  

I misspoke, I don't agree with the content, but I agree that he can post whatever he wants. 

I have rarely defended JJ but I have to say as someone quickly glancing through the thread that his post could be read as a positive spin on a horrific situation.  I didn't see him draw a causal connection to the father's conduct and the kid's success.  Dismissive of the conduct? Certainly.  Condoning? I think not.  I find the father's actions criminal.  But remember this is a forum, nothing more.  

Ok, my last post on the subject:

You're giving him the benefit of the doubt that doesn't exist. I understand what you're saying in your post and I originally gave him the benefit of the doubt in saying that his joke was inappropriate.

His follow up post removes that doubt in that he says he wasn't joking and that "He probably wouldn't have made it if it had not been for his father", which was categorically contrary to what the article said, implies condoning the father's actions, and was completely tasteless.  The point is that there is no upside to the father's criminal actions and jj couldn't/can't grasp that concept.

I misspoke, I don't agree with the content, but I agree that he can post whatever he wants. 

Agreed, and others can post what they want in response as well.

I hadn't realized just how bad the Penguins defense was until somebody posted a photo of their defensive pairings... Right now they're going with:

David Warsofsky - Olli Maatta

Ben Lovejoy - Brian Dumoulin

Rob Scuderi - Ian Cole

Kris Letang is missing due to injury but even if you add him to that group it's brutal. Yikes.

I hadn't realized just how bad the Penguins defense was until somebody posted a photo of their defensive pairings... Right now they're going with:

Rob Scuderi - Ian Cole

Kris Letang is missing due to injury but even if you add him to that group it's brutal. Yikes.

I really don't understand how year in and year out the Penguins make the same mistakes. 

Ok, my last post on the subject:

You're giving him the benefit of the doubt that doesn't exist. I understand what you're saying in your post and I originally gave him the benefit of the doubt in saying that his joke was inappropriate.

His follow up post removes that doubt in that he says he wasn't joking and that "He probably wouldn't have made it if it had not been for his father", which was categorically contrary to what the article said, implies condoning the father's actions, and was completely tasteless.  The point is that there is no upside to the father's criminal actions and jj couldn't/can't grasp that concept.

Agreed, and others can post what they want in response as well.

You have great thoughts and add to the forum.  Sometimes you just gotta say your piece and move on.  I have found it works for me.  

Rob Scuderi - Ian Cole

That makes the Sabres D look almost all star level

You have great thoughts and add to the forum.  Sometimes you just gotta say your piece and move on.  I have found it works for me.  

I'm (probably too slowly) getting to that point.  The drawn out battle is really never worth the effort.  :beer:

Rob Scuderi - Ian Cole

That looks downright tanky.  Their record is not terrible though and they're a fringe playoff team at this point.  Hooray for Offense and Goaltending!

Rob Scuderi - Ian Cole

3 BC guys (I'll count Lovejoy), a BU guy, and a Notre Dame guy.  Hockey East must be loving that.

It also makes you wonder if this is a root of Crosby's struggles. Can't exactly score if you never have the puck. I think 'll dig up the Penguin's possession charts when I get home

I've been doing the Nolan version of statistical study. My eyes tell me their 3 rd and 4th lines are on par with the defense. Flurey has quite literally stood on his head and played some of his best goal tending of his career for a one month period. It's why the are in the playoffs right now. If Fluery goes to norm, and nothing else happens, their fighting for an 8th spot.

Love to see what your statistics tell you.

I spelled Fluery 2 different ways, not sure either are correct. But I'm lazy and leaving it.

I really, really hate that band 

I'm with you. Our former roommate worked at a stereo/sound system shop. He brought home this 900 dollar soundbar thing one night, and decided to blast that album at full volume for a good hour or so. D4rk and I could feel the damn windows rattling. We sat out on the back steps so our eardrums wouldn't disintegrate. 

Woah, totes thought I was in the music thread for a sec. Whatever. 

I'm with you. Our former roommate worked at a stereo/sound system shop. He brought home this 900 dollar soundbar thing one night, and decided to blast that album at full volume for a good hour or so. D4rk and I could feel the damn windows rattling. We sat out on the back steps so our eardrums wouldn't disintegrate.

Woah, totes thought I was in the music thread for a sec. Whatever.

So your former roommate is a dick?