Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Fun fact: Artemi Panarin played in the KHL last year with Kovalchuck, he had 62 points and Kovalchuck had 55. 

The fact a 24 year old is still considered a rookie is kind of dumb. They should cap the age you can be a rookie at.  If Eichel spent 4 years playing in Rochester he would look like jesus on ice when he hit the NHL.

The fact a 24 year old is still considered a rookie is kind of dumb. They should cap the age you can be a rookie at.  If Eichel spent 4 years playing in Rochester he would look like jesus on ice when he hit the NHL.

Oh I definitely agree. That and if Jack and Kane (the right one) on his wing

Does it? I can't remember us having one that long. If so, that's still moronic, just on an annual basis

Certain arenas/cities are in higher demand than others.  I can't think of any event that would come to Buffalo and require the arena for so long.

They do cap the age... at 26.

And now, because evidently I never tire of arguing about things, I'm arguing with Laffs fans on Twitter (it started with me tweeting at Damian Cox because he's an infuriating simpleton) about whether someone wearing a Laffs jersey should be penalized for dropping his shoulder between the numbers on an opponent's back on the boards. Thank 8 lb. 6 oz. baby Jesus for beer and my four day work week... Because this could go all night.....

Roman Polak just tried to kill Tyler Toffoli. Watching the Leafs feed. Jack Edwards would be proud of the whitewashing job.

Polak quite rightly tossed out.

Now a ref down after a shot to the head. This game is bizarre.

At some point, the "hittee" needs to be held accountable for putting himself in a vulnerable position. Tiffoli knew Polak was coming, as soon as they approached the boards Tiffoli came to a dead stop and turned his back. You can't hold the hitter responsible when the other player purposely turns his back. It almost looked like Polak was trying to avoid him because he checked up and hit him while he was bent over. If he really wanted to board Tiffoli, he would have stood up and labeled him.

That better not get a review from the league.

At some point, the "hittee" needs to be held accountable for putting himself in a vulnerable position. Tiffoli knew Polak was coming, as soon as they approached the boards Tiffoli came to a dead stop and turned his back. You can't hold the hitter responsible when the other player purposely turns his back. It almost looked like Polak was trying to avoid him because he checked up and hit him while he was bent over. If he really wanted to board Tiffoli, he would have stood up and labeled him.

That better not get a review from the league.

Horseshit. Polak, regardless of when Tofolli tuned up the boards, had ample time to decide whether he'd plant his shoulder between the numbers on the back and chose wrongly. Chickenshit play. He'll be luck not to miss a few games.

Horseshit. Polak, regardless of when Tofolli tuned up the boards, had ample time to decide whether he'd plant his shoulder between the numbers on the back and chose wrongly. Chickenshit play. He'll be luck not to miss a few games.

That's two nights in a row for Polak

https://youtu.be/K3lmxWZwBY4

Edited by ChileanSeaBass