Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Rob Scuderi has been traded to the Hawks in exchange for Trevor Daley in a D-Man Swap

This is a steal. Daley struggled in Chicago but he's got talent where Scuderi has zero talent.

Idiotic move by Chicago. What's the point? Scuderi actually is paid $75K per for the next two years. Both contracts expire after next season. That's the best they could get? Wtf...

McKenzie: PIT retains 1/3rd of Scuderi's salary in that CHI-PIT trade.

That doesn't make it any better for me. You couldn't find a better player that is being paid around $2.2M?

Edited by Hoss

I'm pretty sure my part b is correct, and I also now think I remember who part a is, because I remember laughing at their individual players' stats about 3 weeks ago, because they were very out of character, at least for two players in particular 

By the sounds of it, your new part a) is correct. That sounds exactly like them.

The Sabres have almost 20 more goals than them, who the hell would have thought that

Edit: Holy hell, I just looked at their team stats. Literally laughed out loud when I saw one in particular. Changes are a comin' to that team 

Edited by WildCard

This is a steal. Daley struggled in Chicago but he's got talent where Scuderi has zero talent.

Idiotic move by Chicago. What's the point? Scuderi actually is paid $75K per for the next two years. Both contracts expire after next season. That's the best they could get? Wtf...

McKenzie: PIT retains 1/3rd of Scuderi's salary in that CHI-PIT trade.

That doesn't make it any better for me. You couldn't find a better player that is being paid around $2.2M?

It's a cap dump for next year, plain and simple.  Daley hasn't produced a thing and now instead of getting a $3.3 million hit for next year, they instead just get a $2.5 million hit for Scuderi (if my math is right).  Any space is worth it, especially with what they lost this past year.  It's also very possible that Daley just isn't a fit with that team.

I also wonder if they may be at a high risk of a bonus kicking in for Panarin.  Any cap reduction next year thanks to that could definitely sting.