Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I forget who first postulated that he may have been "forced into" hockey by his mother.  Was it chz?  In any event, I really kinda feel sorry for the guy. 

Might've been me.

In that Sabres feature video, he talked about how as a kid he'd want to stay in the house and practice piano but his mother cracked the whip and made him go to practice (practice practice practice).

His tone in that feature made me feel sad for him.

Check the 1:00 mark. 

We discussed this a while back. It's really not clear what he's saying, but my take had been that, in order to get piano lessons, he had to go to hockey practice (his mom made him). But maybe he meant it the other way around.

The vibe I got from his non-verbals is that the claim of sports always being #1 is a bit hollow (rote), but he breaks into a smile when talking about playing piano as a kid.

If he'd have gone into music, he might have told the story the other way around and fondly remembered playing hockey (complete with smile).

If music truly is his passion, I hope he pursues it.  He certainly doesn't need to work for a living.

So, the Heritage Classic is officially dead?

Maybe not

The last logical choice is Buffalo. The team’s share a bitter rivalry, are separated by just a 90-minute drive — on a good day — and it would allow the NHL to showcase one of the best young American prospects in the league in Jack Eichel. The only drawback with that choice is the fact that there is plenty of speculation that the Sabres will host the 2018 Winter Classic due to already having a rink set up for the outdoor game at that 2018 World Junior Championship.

Not the 2018 Buffalo Winter Classic which might still happen. The Heritage Classic - you know, the outdoor Canadian NHL game. Last played (& only played) between Moe-ray-all & the Eulers in Edmonton.

Probably not too clear on my part, but I put that quote in there because it talked about how none of the Canadian teams were given high chances of playing in the Toronto WC game because of markets and what not, meaning there's still plenty of them left for the Heritage Classic. If I had to guess why they don't do it anymore, I'd guess sponsors and $$. Everything else seems to be sponsored by some big company

Probably not too clear on my part, but I put that quote in there because it talked about how none of the Canadian teams were given high chances of playing in the Toronto WC game because of markets and what not, meaning there's still plenty of them left for the Heritage Classic. If I had to guess why they don't do it anymore, I'd guess sponsors and $$. Everything else seems to be sponsored by some big company

Ah. OK.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/first-look-at-photographic-evidence-in-patrick-kane-rape-investigation/1124342/

First photos of the accuser's alleged injuries in the Patrick Kane case revealed. Not all posted there.

Those are literally just pictures of his house, 2 photos of a minor, minor bruise and one I can't tell

Edited by WildCard

Those are literally just pictures of his house, 2 photos of a minor, minor bruise and one I can't tell

That is *literally* what they are, yes. Will mean different things for different people. Those aren't all the photos released to agencies, just the ones that outlet decided to publish.