Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Anyone think Tyler could get us a puck moving top 4 D in return?

Shiite used "us, the Sabres

Ennis, Reinhart, and Gorgeous Gorges for Barrie and Rantanen.

I would love that trade, but that's not nearly enough for Barrie/Rantanen... maybe Barrie and a guy like Comeau or Skille or we can get Compher back, or... I JUST WANT TYSON BARRIE DAMMIT!

Edited by pi2000

Maybe to Anaheim for as part of a deal for Cam Fowler?

Once they are healthy that is.

Rumor on hockey central was the Flames should be looking at the Ducks too. Though I'm not sure if they'll send offense or defense in return for goaltending

Man does that deplete our defensive depth

True, and as I think about it I like it less, mostly because, as of right now, we're getting an elite RW prospect, and forwards drafted are highly more likely to be NHL ready or at least much closer to it than any d-man we draft

Thought 14 from Elliotte Friedman is that the Kings were/are kicking the tires on Gorges.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-ducks-a-logical-fit-for-lightnings-drouin/

I suspect the team will be sellers at the trade deadline. Does it make sense to (re)load up a bit on assets?

Edited by That Aud Smell

Thought 14 from Elliotte Friedman is that the Kings were/are kicking the tires on Gorges.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-ducks-a-logical-fit-for-lightnings-drouin/

I suspect the team will be sellers at the trade deadline. Does it make sense to (re)load up a bit on assets?

Ready-for-NHL assets?  I'm in.  Draft picks?  Bugger off.

Per LeBrun, a guy like McGinn is a natural candidate to move. What would he fetch? A good return, I imagine. And he could return in July.

Moreover, LeBrun says several teams are asking after Ennis. Hmmm. That seems like a player that GM TM would be tempted to move in order to advance his vision.

I wonder if they could actually get someone to bite on Moulson. He's got too many years left though to be stuck taking back some of his money.

Well, I'd rather pay him $2.5 million to play elsewhere than $5 million to play here. I'd also rather retain salary than buy him out. The biggest barrier would have to be his NMC.

Per LeBrun, a guy like McGinn is a natural candidate to move. What would he fetch? A good return, I imagine. And he could return in July.

Moreover, LeBrun says several teams are asking after Ennis. Hmmm. That seems like a player that GM TM would be tempted to move in order to advance his vision.

Letting McGinn go would be such a Darcy thing to do. He's been good here. Just sign him. 

McGinn could get a 1st, depending on the market. As for Ennis, he should be involved in a hockey trade which are few and far between at deadline time. Definitely don't want him sold for futures, nor do I think such a deal would appeal to Murray.

Well, I'd rather pay him $2.5 million to play elsewhere than $5 million to play here. I'd also rather retain salary than buy him out. The biggest barrier would have to be his NMC.

But then taking back money will also limit them if they want to make similar deals in the future.  I think they'd much rather float someone like him through waivers first if they really wanted to move him, just to be free of every penny... but like you said, NMC.

By the way, what's the go to site nowadays for info on guys with NMCs and NTCs?

This is the Moulson situation perfectly described. I don't think it was supposed to be like this. He was welcomed back fully expecting to score 20 goals. That he's not is radically altering his status now.

Interesting.  Thanks for posting.

I wonder if they could actually get someone to bite on Moulson.  He's got too many years left though to be stuck taking back some of his money.

NFW, IMHO.

Well, GMTM gave Ennis an extension, so I don't think he view Ennis as a weak-kneed Darcy remnant.  And given Ennis' poor season, his value is probably pretty low, so I tend to doubt that he'll be moved.  But anything is possible.

But I think the $2.5MM would count against the Sabres' cap, innit?  So the cap hit would be pretty close to what they'd get from a buyout?

I continue to think a Moulson buyout is highly likely this summer.

Letting McGinn go would be such a Darcy thing to do. He's been good here. Just sign him. 

McGinn could get a 1st, depending on the market.

I too would like to keep McGinn, but if the market is frothy, he could definitely fetch a nice return, and then return as a FA.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.