Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

E5-type chatter out on Twitter that Pysyk hasn't yet played because he's being dangled in connection with Drouin.

I just don't know enough about Drouin to know whether GM TM would have any interest at all.

I mean, it makes sense. Not sure if it's Drouin though, but they could have been working on a trade involving Pysyk

Oh God I hope not.

For Drouin coming or Pysyk leaving?

I mean, it makes sense. Not sure if it's Drouin though, but they could have been working on a trade involving Pysyk

For Drouin coming or Pysyk leaving?

Pysyk leaving.  I'd be willing to take a shot at Drouin if the price is right but I would like to see Pysyk as part of this core moving forward. 

One Tyson Barrie plz.   

Not sure this would work out.  He would cost a ton to acquire.  His value would be close to Risto IMO.  Actually, it'll be interesting to see how comparable of deals these guys sign in the offseason.

Edit - Didn't realize he's three years older than Risto.  His value wouldn't be as much but still probably far to rich for my blood.

Edited by Derrico

Barrie is worth more than Risto right now, IMO. He's established

A former 3rd pick, Barrie is only 24, I'd hardly call him established.   He's a pending RFA on a team that will have some financial decisions to make as Nathan McKinnon is also a pending RFA.   Erik Johnson's new $6mil/yr deal kicks in next season as well.    I think Barrie could be had for less than what people think.   

Barrie turns the puck over too much for my taste. FA maybe. But I wouldn't want to give up Pysyk to get him. I see it as a wash from a player standpoint. The Hawks are looking and I would like Dano in blue and gold.

A former 3rd pick, Barrie is only 24, I'd hardly call him established.   He's a pending RFA on a team that will have some financial decisions to make as Nathan McKinnon is also a pending RFA.   Erik Johnson's new $6mil/yr deal kicks in next season as well.    I think Barrie could be had for less than what people think.   

Where he was picked has absolutely no meaning on his value. I agree the team is in financial straights, but his value to them is largely dependent on where he wants to go, similar to the ROR situation

He's much more established than Risto though, at the very least

Barrie turns the puck over too much for my taste. FA maybe. But I wouldn't want to give up Pysyk to get him. I see it as a wash from a player standpoint. The Hawks are looking and I would like Dano in blue and gold.

Barrie is having his worst season possession wise, by far. It's definitely not the norm for him, so I wouldn't put huge amounts of stock into it, he's been consistent prior to this season. Could it be a developing trend? Maybe, I'm honestly not sure, but I feel pretty confident it's not

Where he was picked has absolutely no meaning on his value. I agree the team is in financial straights, but his value to them is largely dependent on where he wants to go, similar to the ROR situation

He's much more established than Risto though, at the very least

Barrie is having his worst season possession wise, by far. It's definitely not the norm for him, so I wouldn't put huge amounts of stock into it, he's been consistent prior to this season. Could it be a developing trend? Maybe, I'm honestly not sure, but I feel pretty confident it's not

He's having a breakout year offensively.    His skating ability is the something the Sabres are sorely lacking on the back-end.    If I'm GMTM, I'm texting Joe Sakic once a week. 

He's having a breakout year offensively.    His skating ability is the something the Sabres are sorely lacking on the back-end.    If I'm GMTM, I'm texting Joe Sakic once a week. 

If I had Joe Sakic's number I would be calling him every week too, but I think that has more to do with him being my all-time favorite player.

That's a tough one. I would have preferred RNH, but I'm not an NHL GM. 

Not advocating this just feeling out the temperature of the board.  Risto for Barrie straight up, yes or no?

I believe EDM should have traded RNH at the draft and taken Noah Hanifin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.