Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Per @Friedgehnic, the sabres have interest in Dmitry Kulikov.

Check 10:40 a.m.

:p

Also, talks seem dead silent right now. I hope this isn't another case of the media around the league overblowing everything which happens so often these days. Teams always get such cold feet. That and when there's so many names available everybody sits on their hands waiting for the first shoe to drop...

I'm not saying things aren't about to explode, but it's worth noting how often the sports media blows everything out of proportion when it comes to predicting actual moves that will be made.

Also, talks seem dead silent right now. I hope this isn't another case of the media around the league overblowing everything which happens so often these days. Teams always get such cold feet. That and when there's so many names available everybody sits on their hands waiting for the first shoe to drop...

I'm not saying things aren't about to explode, but it's worth noting how often the sports media blows everything out of proportion when it comes to predicting actual moves that will be made.

GMs are a bunch of whimps. But when you look at the blowback some major trades get, it's not hard to understand why.

That, or maybe GMTM asked to not release the trade info so he can announce it during the draft and wow the homecrowd? I don't expect to hear any trades until it's show time.

Go sabres

What's the saying, deadlines spur action? I'd expect the moves that are going to happen, to happen closer to the draft start.

I hope this is right.  It feels like trade deadline day with all of the hype and then Jamie McGinn going for a 3rd.....

I really thought the draft would be different.  Still lot's of time I suppose.

Working night shift, should probably go to bed; but I have this irrational fear that if I do the Sabres are going to do something substantial and then my phone will blow up. Given how quiet it's been, this may be irrational indeed.

What say you, Sabrespace? Should I pack it in or make coffee?

Working night shift, should probably go to bed; but I have this irrational fear that if I do the Sabres are going to do something substantial and then my phone will blow up. Given how quiet it's been, this may be irrational indeed.

Shot and a beer.

Coffee is always the right choice.

Shot and a beer.

Awesome, I am still at work but have to come back for overnite so at least there will be someone else around to do postmortem. PS medical community frowns on that kind behavior unless you are a patient in the ER. Being its Friday I anticipate plenty view of the after effects of shots and beers.

That, or maybe GMTM asked to not release the trade info so he can announce it during the draft and wow the homecrowd? I don't expect to hear any trades until it's show time.

Go sabres

highly doubtful, someone would have spilled the beans by now to be the first to report. Most likely it's quiet cause they have all made their offers to each other and decided to break to go back to work on the draft with their teams til later. I wouldn't expect things to pick up soon, with deals involving picks for tonight going down and others that may not include picks going down later, possibly after some dominoes fall in the draft

Coffee is always the right choice.

Awesome, I am still at work but have to come back for overnite so at least there will be someone else around to do postmortem. PS medical community frowns on that kind behavior unless you are a patient in the ER. Being its Friday I anticipate plenty view of the after effects of shots and beers.

I'll be working in the other place one is likely to end up after too many shots and/or beers. Depending upon how well behaved the local citizenry are I'll either have all night or just most of all night to hash over whatever happens.

Who am I kidding? Sleep.... Heh. Making coffee now.

I'll be working in the other place one is likely to end up after too many shots and/or beers. Depending upon how well behaved the local citizenry are I'll either have all night or just most of all night to hash over whatever happens.

Who am I kidding? Sleep.... Heh. Making coffee now.

Lol, Yep that often coincides in our ER with groups of Yonkers PD, handcuffs and my portable xray machine. Or in CT handcuffed to gantry...

Like Jimmy Vesey?

Exactly like Jimmy Vesey.

I'm hoping my original prediction of no trades by us turns out completely wrong.

Hopefully the silence is temporary.

Silence is not golden.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.