Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Traditionally if I'm remembering right there are more trades at the draft than later in the summer, which is more for FA.

So I'd start to get a little worried if no word of anything came tomorrow.

I really think the sellers thought they could use the demand to drive up prices a lot. Then all the buyers and yea, no thanks. The buyers won the prisoner's dilemma!

I really think the sellers thought they could use the demand to drive up prices a lot. Then all the buyers and yea, no thanks. The buyers won the prisoner's dilemma!

This is good. With the expensive currency now spent, should see action tomorrow or soon.

I'll be working in the other place one is likely to end up after too many shots and/or beers. Depending upon how well behaved the local citizenry are I'll either have all night or just most of all night to hash over whatever happens.

Who am I kidding? Sleep.... Heh. Making coffee now.

Gah!!

I read twitter for a bit, then come back hear to see if there's any news, and it's just tweets I've been reading for the past 30min.  

What am I doing with my life?

Living your avatar!

Treliving, Kekalainen and Chiarelli now deep in conversation.

Coversation probably was a debate on who could screw up their draft the most this year......

Treliving walks away the loser in this fight while Chiarelli curse that he has a disadvantage because of the Oilers "luck" curse in the drafts..............

I think the issue is the defence market is paper thin, so sellers can sit back and demand the world and if patient enough, get it. The goaltending market is weak because very few teams this year appear to be looking to make a huge splash outside of Calgary to get one, and everyone else is looking to hold on to atleast 2 decent ones if they have them.

I think the forward market right now is the weakest, as most teams appear to be willing to try the FA market first before looking to buy in a trade

I think the issue is the defence market is paper thin, so sellers can sit back and demand the world and if patient enough, get it. The goaltending market is weak because very few teams this year appear to be looking to make a huge splash outside of Calgary to get one, and everyone else is looking to hold on to atleast 2 decent ones if they have them.

I think the forward market right now is the weakest, as most teams appear to be willing to try the FA market first before looking to buy in a trade

I think the defense market was one of the best I've ever seen. Barrie, Goligoski, Yandle, Shattenkirk, Kulikov, and Fowler are/were all available. That's a very solid crop of players

I agree, I think the draft talent outweighed the trade talent enough that GMs walked away from the high prices.

Eleven may find this stuff boring, but that is why I wish I was there.

I'm here. I can't tell who is who. So take that as you will.

Yep, that's why I found it boring.

I should say that it is probably a lot more entertaining now, with smartphones and big screens in the arena, than it was in 1991.  

I'm here and it's actually really fun. It's rapid fire and we just took a guy named Poo

Crowd yells "puuuuuuuuu" when he has the puck. When they first started doing it he thought they were booing him. 

Like this pick. Murray and company are doing very well. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.