Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Mike Russo, as reliable a local hockey reporter as you'll see, said GMTM had talks with Minnesota about Brodin and/or Scandella but Chuck Fletcher asked for Samson and Murray said no.

If the asks of Larkin for Shattenkirk, Samson for Scandella/Brodin and a 1st and top prospect for Fowler all stand then there's simply no way these defenders get moved. I understand you ask high then negotiate a lower deal but these aren't even in the same stratosphere of what it should take.

Mike Russo, as reliable a local hockey reporter as you'll see, said GMTM had talks with Minnesota about Brodin and/or Scandella but Chuck Fletcher asked for Samson and Murray said no.

If the asks of Larkin for Shattenkirk, Samson for Scandella/Brodin and a 1st and top prospect for Fowler all stand then there's simply no way these defenders get moved. I understand you ask high then negotiate a lower deal but these aren't even in the same stratosphere of what it should take.

Indeed. Those asking prices are absurd.

Are you kidding me? Reinhart for Brodin?

How about Suter for Foligno, sound good Minnesota? off.

Separately, I over-value Reinhart. Here is a list of players I'd trade him for:

Lindholm

Josi

OEL

Doughty

Karlsson

Hedman

McDavid

Barkov

Tarasenko

Crosby

Benn/Seguin

Kane

That's it.

Separately, I'd like the Sabres to look into Ekholm from Nashville.

I got a bunch of bids for some landscaping work this spring, a few of which were totally ridiculous coming in thousands of dollars higher than what I ultimately paid.  In essence these guys were just telling me with their exorbitant quotes that they didn't need the work, but if I was willing to get butt raped then they'll be more than happy to oblige. 

Same thing going on here I suppose, but they should have at least asked for Eichel.

I got a bunch of bids for some landscaping work this spring, a few of which were totally ridiculous coming in thousands of dollars higher than what I ultimately paid. In essence these guys were just telling me with their exorbitant quotes that they didn't need the work, but if I was willing to get butt raped then they'll be more than happy to oblige.

Same thing going on here I suppose, but they should have at least asked for Eichel.

If I'm a GM I'd take the Reinhart ask (for freaking Jonas Brodin) as a sign the GM isn't interested in a good faith negotiation, and proceed to hang up the phone. I get the ask high then settle for less, but I still think some level of reasonableness should come into play with the initial ask.

If I'm a GM I'd take the Reinhart ask (for freaking Jonas Brodin) as a sign the GM isn't interested in a good faith negotiation, and proceed to hang up the phone. I get the ask high then settle for less, but I still think some level of reasonableness should come into play with the initial ask.

I agree with this but would add that if Fletcher didn't shop the player why not ask for the moon? 

Pierre LeBrun was on Edmonton’s TSN 1260 on Monday afternoon.

On how the Edmonton Oilers’ draft results have been fairly well-received, but on if Peter Chiarelli not bringing home a top defenseman via trade should be seen as a failure, or just an acknowledgment at how difficult it is to get these things done:

“Listen. He will get his defenseman. It doesn’t have to be draft weekend. Obviously there were opportunities there for Peter Chiarelli to get a deal or two done over the weekend, if for no other reason than his 4th overall pick was in place for awhile.

“But there are other ways to make trades, most notably now, especially after drafting Puljujarvi – I mean, the Oilers are absolutely loaded up front. I mean, they’ve got too many top-6 options. They’re rich in one area, and not too rich elsewhere. So the way to fix your blueline will come from one of those forwards, and I have absolutely extreme confidence that Chiarelli will pull the trigger here, if not this week, certainly in the off-season here.

“His conversations have kept going with a number of teams and I think he’ll get that done.”

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/lebrun-chiarelli-will-get-defenseman/

Edited by WildCard

He probably will make a trade, but can you imagine if yet ANOTHER summer went by and the Oilers still didn't trade one of these young "core" forwards to fill a need?

Seems like every summer there's talk of a trade with them, and it doesn't get done.

I got a bunch of bids for some landscaping work this spring, a few of which were totally ridiculous coming in thousands of dollars higher than what I ultimately paid.  In essence these guys were just telling me with their exorbitant quotes that they didn't need the work, but if I was willing to get butt raped then they'll be more than happy to oblige. 

Yup, thats a common move in the construction trades, a bid thats much higher then the reasonable average is basically the company telling you in a nice way that they are too busy to do the work, unless you want to grossly overpay for it.

Some will also do this to keep their name on a bidders list for future bids but remove themselves from that bid

Basically its Minnys way of telling all the GMs interested that they dont want to deal the player, unless your willing to grossly overpay. The Wild may not be actively shopping the players, but that doesn't stop other GMs from calling and asking what it would take.

Reports are now that EDM is desperate to find a D-man and one of their top guys (likely Hall or RNH) will probably go in a deal. I know it'll probably be Shattenkirk or something, but my god, if Murray got Hall for Bogo+ that would be amazing. Does Bogo + 2017 1st get close?

Update:

EDM and NJD appear to be edging closer to completion of a trade involving Taylor Hall. Could be imminent. Not official yet.

booooo

I know, there were those reports about them liking him earlier on. It was wishfull thinking for sure.

So Lucic to Oilers?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.