Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

As someone who is also very reluctant to give up #8, the question has to be asked: how are you going to add a top-4 LHD cheaper? Or, if you are okay with the price but not the player, what team is looking to trade a LHD who is clearly better than Fowler?

My thought is I would rather keep what we have for now. I'm just not willing to overpay for Fowler just because he is the only LHD on the market. If they want two of the forwards that have been suggested and a third round pick then fine, but anymore than that and they can kick rocks.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-trading-p-k-subban-realistic-possibility/

30 Thoughts.

Mentions Ennis to Anaheim for Fowler is possible (posted in Fowler thread).

Says Buffalo is in on Kulikov along with Boston and Colorado.

Carolina a possible spot for Fleury.

Per another report Arizona is no longer pursuing Shattenkirk.

Doesn't it bring up any alarm bells when two franchises sour on Dougie Hamilton in one year?

Depends. Why has Calgary soured on him? Maybe they didn't have the right impression on what they'd be getting in the first place. Maybe they were thinking franchise D and he's more of a top-4 puck mover. As far as Boston is concerned...don't forget they forced out Seguin because he liked to go out at night, I mean...

Does it ring any alarm bells that he still goes by "Dougie" and not Doug?  

So he does the "Dougie" and doesn't like the cartoon "Doug".  Life is weird for many reasons. 

Depends. Why has Calgary soured on him? Maybe they didn't have the right impression on what they'd be getting in the first place. Maybe they were thinking franchise D and he's more of a top-4 puck mover. As far as Boston is concerned...don't forget they forced out Seguin because he liked to go out at night, I mean...

Well can we also recall a change in philosophy from Chiarelli to Neely and Sweeney as far as Boston is concerned.  Neely/Sweeney drafted Zboril, Carlo. He didn't light the world on fire, but that could be based on coaching, new situation, being used in a different role.  He's 22.  

Had a friend play with Douggie for a year in Niagara and even at a young age called him "not very likable" and a "bit of a head case", whose early skill and success was already begin to inflate his ego. Take that for whatever it's worth, especially because it was when he was 17. But I'd say getting traded by two teams is definitely a red flag, maybe not for his watchable game play, but for his locker room character. I'd pass.

Put me on the Kuli as a great backup plan and possibly more cost-effective decision. I've always liked his game - smooth and calm. if Risto continues developing and can be that #1, he'd be a fine complement. We say we need a PP QB, but I don't see it as make or break. I think Eich at one point and Risto at another will be just fine. Our issue was 5x5 last year, not PP.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.