Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

@stevezipay: Chicago's Kris Versteeg has nixed a trade to Montreal, I'm told by a trusted source

@frank_seravalli: Re: Talbot offers - Told Florida's package does not include their 1st round pick (No. 11). The 1st on table is believed to be from SJ. #TSN

@stevezipay: Chicago's Kris Versteeg has nixed a trade to Montreal, I'm told by a trusted source

@frank_seravalli: Re: Talbot offers - Told Florida's package does not include their 1st round pick (No. 11). The 1st on table is believed to be from SJ. #TSN

tumblr_mgfozleELP1r426i4o5_r1_250.gif

Apparently Sakic was just at the Buffalo table for a while, returned to the Colorado table where the brain trust huddled and then picked up the phone.

Shawn Stepner ust reported that TM and ZtO were huddled together and then TM walked over to Phoenix table.

Edited by tom webster

TM may or may not be done this weekend, but there's still going to be a few moves made because there's some excess forwards now that will need to be moved. Doubt we see any more blockbusters from the Sabres, but I would not be surprised to see some guys moved for picks and prospects to get rid of some of the extra forwards and maybe move around in the upcoming rounds.

Now lets sign UFA Justin williams and Sekera.

I wonder who that 3rd line RW he was talking about is, Chris Stewart ?   Wouldn't mind seeing him back , need some muscle to protect our kids.

I'd take Williams and Sekera on short term deals, nothing longer than 2 years. Stewart on the other hand, I would go longer term if it took that to get a deal done.  I'd put him on the third line and drop Foligno to the fourth where he will have a greater impact. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.