Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

There's no way they're banking on somebody being there at 16 so hard as to turn down a better deal before the draft begins. Actually, wait, they appear to be inept...so maybe they would. 

But is Boston in full blown implosion mode or am I reading this wrong?  I mean they traded Seguin and Hamilton at this point, who is going to play for them in the future?  60yr old concrete shoes Chara?

I'm sure it's been said, but: the Bruins were not dealing Dougie Hamilton to Buffalo

Bruins were also offered much higher first rounders than 15th overall, which adds to strangeness of the trade.

I'll say this again: Do not make the mistake of assuming the Bruins current management is competent.

There's no way they're banking on somebody being there at 16 so hard as to turn down a better deal before the draft begins. Actually, wait, they appear to be inept...so maybe they would. 

I completely forgot that they now have 14 and 15.  So maybe they do make a hard push towards Hanifin now.  I'm sure there's something more but I will be happy if it does just wind up being ineptitude.

Edit: I'd suggest O'Reilly, but I doubt they have the money to make that work.

Edited by shrader

But is Boston in full blown implosion mode or am I reading this wrong?  I mean they traded Seguin and Hamilton at this point, who is going to play for them in the future?  60yr old concrete shoes Chara?

I have no idea what Boston is doing right now. Zero. The proposed Arizona trade could have made some sense. But this? I've got nothin.

I completely forgot that they now have 14 and 15.  So maybe they do make a hard push towards Hanifin now.  I'm sure there's something more but I will be happy if it does just wind up being ineptitude.

But why in the world would Arizona move all the way back there? FWIW, James Mirtle reported a bit ago that with Hamilton going to Calgary, it's unlikely Arizona moves their pick now.

But why in the world would Arizona move all the way back there? FWIW, James Mirtle reported a bit ago that with Hamilton going to Calgary, it's unlikely Arizona moves their pick now.

Just a random name that many seem to think Boston's after.  I think they'll do something else because it sure does look strange having back to back picks.  That's got trade written all over it.

Somebody needs to offer sheet Hamilton now, just for the Brian Burke reaction.

Come on Boston, be the one to make that offer sheet!  Further establish the stupidity.

Bruins were also offered much higher first rounders than 15th overall, which adds to strangeness of the trade.

I'll say this again: Do not make the mistake of assuming the Bruins current management is competent.

Betcha those other offers were coming from Eastern Conference teams. They don't want to have to play Hamilton more than twice a year.

IMO this was a bigger factor than most are considering.

Just a random name that many seem to think Boston's after.  I think they'll do something else because it sure does look strange having back to back picks.  That's got trade written all over it.

Come on Boston, be the one to make that offer sheet!  Further establish the stupidity.

Common sense says so, but it seems like the sort of thing which could easily end up with nothing.

Betcha those other offers were coming from Eastern Conference teams. They don't want to have to play Hamilton more than twice a year.

IMO this was a bigger factor than most are considering.

I don't disagree, and I think this is fundamentally flawed thinking among GMs. Worry about your team and making it as good as possible, don't accept a lowball offer just because it's out of conference/division.

Common sense says so, but it seems like the sort of thing which could easily end up with nothing.

I don't disagree, and I think this is fundamentally flawed thinking among GMs. Worry about your team and making it as good as possible, don't accept a lowball offer just because it's out of conference/division.

Oh I totally agree that it is faulty logic for GM's. But it is certainly a factor in more trades than you would think.

Boston has to be tanking for McEichel

Schopp reported a few minutes ago that some Boston Globe writer tweeted that the second overall pick is a possibility for Boston this year.  Can't remember the writer's name, but he is either (1) trolling, (2) trying to be funny, (3) delusional, or (4) some combination of the foregoing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.