Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

If the #Flames seriously got Hamilton for the No. 15, No. 45 and No. 52 selections, it's an utter disaster for the #Bruins

Seriously. Ding ######, the Bruins are dead.

Edit: And I really wish we'd have had the ammunition to beat that offer. We easily could have with #21 still in the fold, I think.

Another reason not to rush to make the Lehner trade first thing this morning.  We probably could have Dougie Hamilton right now.

That so called dropoff in talent that people keep mentioning is somewhere between 15 and 21 though, isn't it?

True, but maybe we throw in one more asset and get it done.  Dougie Hamilton is the type of player you absolutely overpay for if you can get him.

If the #Flames seriously got Hamilton for the No. 15, No. 45 and No. 52 selections, it's an utter disaster for the #Bruins

Seriously. Ding ######, the Bruins are dead.

Edit: And I really wish we'd have had the ammunition to beat that offer. We easily could have with #21 still in the fold, I think.

Does the Sabres #21 + #31 + #51 beat that? I don't think so, but it is in the ballpark. We'd have to add a young dman or prospect.

I'd much rather have Dougie Hamilton than Lehner (even though I like Lehner)

Does the Sabres #21 + #31 + #51 beat that? I don't think so, but it is in the ballpark. We'd have to add a young dman or prospect.

I'd much rather have Dougie Hamilton than Lehner (even though I like Lehner)

I'd put in 21 + 31 + 51 + McCabe. If I'm Boston that's more appealing than pure picks, even if the 1st rounder is a bit better. We'd add a more valuable 2nd rounder and a prospect with a couple years development.

True, but maybe we throw in one more asset and get it done.  Dougie Hamilton is the type of player you absolutely overpay for if you can get him.

My only thought is that the Flames being in the west may have factored in. Doubt they would trade him in division even if we had the same package.

Yes. But I, and I'm assuming Robviously, are thinking we could have made a better offer than two mid-late 2nds to compensate.

But if they're dead set on someone they have going at, say 16th overall, there's not much we can do to help with that.  They probably don't have the time to make one deal and then turn around and make another one to improve on that 21st pick.  Too much uncertainty there.

My only thought is that the Flames being in the west may have factored in. Doubt they would trade him in division even if we had the same package.

Just wanted to say this, we would have never gotten him, bruins would never have given him to a division rival.

Edited by Heimdall

But if they're dead set on someone they have going at, say 16th overall, there's not much we can do to help with that.  They probably don't have the time to make one deal and then turn around and make another one to improve on that 21st pick.  Too much uncertainty there.

There's no way they're banking on somebody being there at 16 so hard as to turn down a better deal before the draft begins. Actually, wait, they appear to be inept...so maybe they would. 

Precisely the reason I doubt Bahston would even think about trading within conference, let alone division.

GO SABRES!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.