Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I wouldn't want Chad Johnson leading my team in the playoffs if Luongo got hurt. Do you think the Kings would want Enroth? The Rangers Antti Raanta? Hell, the Panthers AL MONTOYA!?

Do yourself a favor and browse the stats of Enroth, Montoya and Johnson.

Now browse the stats of Berra and Stalock.

If you can't figure out the difference, I can't help you.

Do yourself a favor and browse the stats of Enroth, Montoya and Johnson.

Now browse the stats of Berra and Stalock.

If you can't figure out the difference, I can't help you.

I don't need your help, luckily. Nobody said Stalock and Johnson are one in the same. The cost is the difference here. They can get Johnson for less than Pirri.

Maybe Johnson and a 3rd can get us Pirri if GMTM is interested.

I don't need your help, luckily. Nobody said Stalock and Johnson are one in the same. The cost is the difference here. They can get Johnson for less than Pirri.

Maybe Johnson and a 3rd can get us Pirri if GMTM is interested.

You did when you said Tallon wouldn't pick up Johnson when he has Berra and Stalock on waivers.

If you lose Montoya, you need a quality backup to give Lou some rest down the stretch and add some insurance for the postseason. If you're a GM and decide to ride Lou down the stretch because you can't win with Stalock/Berra (and get knocked out in the 1st round if Lou gets hurt) you would be fired.

You did when you said Tallon wouldn't pick up Johnson when he has Berra and Stalock on waivers.

That was an M Night Shyamalan twist on this conversation. I distinctly remember this not being what I said. If only there were a way to rewind this conversation to see what was actually said.

Nope. That's not how it works. Chad Johnson is not the only goalie attainable. In fact there are two on waivers right now that could serve as a team's backup.

Reto Berra and Alex Stalock. Both capable as temporary backups without giving up a valuable asset. There are other options on the market, too.

Goodnight Skippy.

It's sort of a lesser of two evils conversation. Edmonton lost to Carolina in large part because Dwayne Roloson got hurt and they only had Ty Conklin behind him.

Pirri isn't one of their draft picks. They only paid a 3 and a 5 to get him from Chicago. He's had one decent season (where he somehow scored 20 goals and only had 2 assists) and has been benched at least once this season. He turns 25 in April and can't really be called a "prospect" anymore. Johnson and a 5 going to FLA might get that deal done though frankly I'm not super sure I'm interested in Pirri.

Last year every puck that Pirri touched ended up being a goal. It reminded me of the year Stafford scored 30 goals, lots of lucky bounces, lots of fortunate timing. It was a productive year but one where theaw of averages was bound to set in. You're right, he's been benched a couple of times. He's not a bad player. I'd like to see another year out of him to see what he's capable of. He's still out for a other couple of weeks so whoever gets him will be without his services for a short time.

Same dude also tweeted out that Vatanen wants $6 million x6. On a mid-cap team that also has to re-sign Lindholm and could use some forward help, well, there ya go.

Doesn't matter when the team can make a Cup run right now.

This would be the rough equivalent of Regier trading Drury at the deadline.  Sure, the Sabres lost him for nothing on July 1, but in 2007, the deadline wasn't the time to start changing the team.

Okay.. so I'm at work today, unlike in years past.  Are there legally available streams for listening to trade deadline stuff and watching when I can?  I thought NHL network did stuff in years past but I can't see anything that jumps out.

Sportsnet.ca appears to be available for us in the US.  So that's good.  Anyone using any other sources?

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet  22s

One would suspect,Sabres aren't going to be that busy today.Their goal today is to TRY and move some veteran players and $ out.

As I said before.. Murray is in the perfect position.  He doesn't have to move anyone.  He can move players in the off-season if he wants to move players under contract and only a few on here are going to be overly upset if Johnson and/or McGinn are still on the roster at 5pm today.  Murray might even sign one of them after the deadline.

Move them if the deal is right, keep them and play your cards for the off-season.  Someone is going to get desperate though.  I think the deal Murray wants will come to him.

Edited by LTS

LTS, I PMed you with some streams.

Everyone else: is it cool to post links to streams here? Some forums don't allow it, but if it's cool then there are a few good YouTube streams available.

My opinion....... don't post illegal streams.  From a purely selfish point of view, I depend on those streams to watch games and stuff.  The more common knowledge those streams become, the more likely they will get shut down, depriving me of my source for viewing.

But that's just my $0.02.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.