Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

More from Sports Net Saturday Headlines

Friedman

Sides not close between Loui and Bruins, he is expected to be moved.

Boedker is a potential replacement for him in Beantown.

If E. Staal waves his NTC, expect the Rangers to be strong possibly

Cox 

Yandle will not be moved

Stempniak is expected to be on the market as well. 

Smith has put up really nice numbers, but he's also been gifted really easy minutes--looks like a high end 3rd pair type. As to why Detroit would want to move him, my guess is they think he's going to want to get paid more like a 2nd pair player than 3rd pair when he's a UFA after next year. Put differently, they don't plan on having him beyond next season and figure to maximize the asset by trading him now. I'd assume they want to make a hockey trade with him, not a sell move.

I don't know if I would have any interest in Pirri. It's known that he's 100% offense and abysmal in his own end. This will be the second time a good team decided they couldn't have him in their lineup. Florida is all-out buyers and selling him off. Hm...

I don't know if I would have any interest in Pirri. It's known that he's 100% offense and abysmal in his own end. This will be the second time a good team decided they couldn't have him in their lineup. Florida is all-out buyers and selling him off. Hm...

This is basically how I feel about McGinn. Difference is you can probably get Pirri for a million per year for two years, while McGinn is going to get $3 million for 3 years. Pirri is a great stopgap because he's completely disposable financially if/when something better comes along.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

This is basically how I feel about McGinn. Difference is you can probably get Pirri for a million per year for two years, while McGinn is going to get $3 million for 3 years. Pirri is a great stopgap because he's completely disposable financially if/when something better comes along.

I think Pirri will get slightly more than that but he's a controllable RFA so it'll be more cost-effective than McGinn. McGinn will probably get more than what you mentioned which is a travesty.

According to an NHL source, Sami Vatanen wants a 6-yr deal worth $6 mill per. Ducks not doing that now and are listening to trade offers.

He's a righty

:(

Edmonton should be all over this

The Ducks could really use a Yak, or a RNH to replace Kessler at the end if this year; He's a UFA I believe

I have officially started a bandwagon for "acquire 2017/2018 picks" to use when we're actually buyers this time of year. You're welcome to join.

2nd round picks seem to be a very useful trading tool. I'll ride shotgun on this

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.