All about the Babwatch -- Sabres out

matter2003

I totally think the Sabres and Babcock had a contract last night and he just said he needed to sleep on it and talk it over with his family and it was just between signing the contract or staying in Detroit.

Then the Leafs called Babcock and Babcock basically broke his word and the Sabres were like F you.

If that was the case then I DEFINITELY don't want him.

I assumed that was to talk extension. Maybe it was "thanks for your service?"

Nah. This has to be about money, and control.

I think it was about Toronto vs Buffalo -- both in terms of big-city glamor and in terms of playing on the biggest NHL stage.

We all have to read the tea leaves.

You're staring at coffee grounds, though. 

No matter now many actual legit reasons Babcock will give to explain his decision, you'll be convinced it's because Tim Murray lacks the proper personality. 

GO SABRES!!!

I totally think the Sabres and Babcock had a contract last night and he just said he needed to sleep on it and talk it over with his family and it was just between signing the contract or staying in Detroit.

Then the Leafs called Babcock and Babcock basically broke his word and the Sabres were like F you.

If true, I am right there with you.

Know what? I am right there regardless. Fukc you, B-C0ck!

that does appear to be the perceived facts. I believe we pulled the offer after it was becoming obvious it was a bidding war

I think it was about Toronto vs Buffalo -- both in terms of big-city glamor and in terms of playing on the biggest NHL stage.

I will say, I'm going to greatly enjoy Babcock vs. the Toronto media 3 years down the line when the team is still lousy. Should get some solid one-liners outta this at least.

I think it was about Toronto vs Buffalo -- both in terms of big-city glamour and in terms of playing on the biggest NHL stage.

Fixed that.

You may be right: Maybe the TO was a better fit, all things considered.

In which case, I look forward to rolling that team for years to come.

You're staring at coffee grounds, though. 

No matter now many actual legit reasons Babcock will give to explain his decision, you'll be convinced it's because Tim Murray lacks the proper personality. 

GO SABRES!!!

I'll listen, but I don't expect the Sabres or Babcock would ever tell tales out of school. Bottom line, Murray had Babcock actually negotiating a contract; money wasn't an object; how they would work together was widely reported as what they were hung up on; Babcock goes to Toronto.

that does appear to be the perceived facts. I believe we pulled the offer after it was becoming obvious it was a bidding war

Yes but you also wrote that my suggestion that Babcock could go to Toronto was "funny".

What a bitch an hour or so can make, huh?!

Just sayin'

If the insane amount of money Pegula wanted to offer wasn't good enough then fine.

You want a guy who wants to be here. Remember Pegula went after Gruden and Cowher first, then got Rex. IMO Rex is a better hire than either of them.

Sometimes the best thing for you is when you DON'T get what you think you want.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.