2015 IIHF Championship Prague May 1-17

Brawndo

Took the puck away at the blue line, deked around a guy, came in and dished a perfect backhand pass through traffic and it was tapped in by Nelson (I think) for USA's first goal.

Awesome.  Can't wait for the vid.  Thanks Randall.

I was wondering when the Eichel updates would start rolling in.  Can you elaborate Wildcard?

He steals the puck in the offensive zone, is about to come out into the neutral zone (being challenged) when he flips it through the defender, skates into the slot, shrugs off a back-checker, and goes to his back-hand to slide it across the crease for a wide open goal for his teammate. 

The move to keep the puck in was great  :beer:

Just continues to impress on this pp. The fake shot for the dish in front, carrying the puck through traffic into the zone for another really good scoring chance.

Very happy we have this tournament to watch him play.

Just continues to impress on this pp. The fake shot for the dish in front, carrying the puck through traffic into the zone for another really good scoring chance.

Very happy we have this tournament to watch him play.

Same here. The game just doesn't look too big for him. I think he comes to camp with a certain degree of confidence after this experience. 

GO SABRES!!!

I honestly can't recall the last time the Sabres were poised to add a player of Eichel's caliber. This is exciting -- and it's the month of May during an off-season!

God bless the information age. Days gone by (say, like, 2008), I wouldn't have been plugged into any of this stuff -- world championships, etc.

His skating is amazing. I'll never get over how slow a long stride makes a player look, yet there in two strides he powered around the defender. Anyone who has any doubts about his NHL readiness haven't seen him play this tournament. 

He has really improved his game since the WJC in December.  I love watching him play, he is so creative, his shot is so good goalies have to respect it, and he has a 6th sense about where people are on the ice.  Can't wait to see him on a line with a guy like Zemgus or Kane. 

Interestingly we have heard about Sam Reinhart's hockey genius but not his creativity.  Jack Eichel no one really mentions how smart he is (he's clever) but his creativity is evident.  Just comparing the two of them in my head.  

Also is anyone else as excited about drafting what could be the best American since Patty Kane?  It will certainly make all the international tournaments more appealing to me.  

USA v Denmark today at 2:15pm EST

Interestingly we have heard about Sam Reinhart's hockey genius but not his creativity.  Jack Eichel no one really mentions how smart he is (he's clever) but his creativity is evident.  Just comparing the two of them in my head.  

Also is anyone else as excited about drafting what could be the best American since Patty Kane?  It will certainly make all the international tournaments more appealing to me.  

USA v Denmark today at 2:15pm EST

Eichel is a very smart player.  A coach like Babcock would probably much rather have an Eichel and Reinhart than the Un-coachable stars of Toronto. 

Eichel is a very smart player.  A coach like Babcock would probably much rather have an Eichel and Reinhart than the Un-coachable stars of Toronto. 

Does Babcock like donuts?  If so, there's no way he'll go to Toronto where Phil Kessel will constantly be stealing them.

Hey Phil Kessel is coachable!  He is currently being coached to win the Coney island hot dog contest. Come on Phil, you can fit one more wiener in your mouth.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.