2015 IIHF Championship Prague May 1-17

Brawndo

Wouldn't it be morbidly hilarious if Edmonton had those exact same thoughts? :flirt:

It won't happen.

1. Even if it did, we end up with McD. I can live with that.

2. If EDM was going to do that, they wouldn't "move down" to Eichel without compensation; i.e., a trade of 2nd pick plus some sweetener for the 1st pick. So unless Murray wants McD he can refuse the trade. (For EDM to pick anyone other than McJESUS they would need to have a very solid justification, lest the fans freak out)

In certain ways I see McDavid as Crosby and Eichel as Ovechkin.

And there have been many, many times in the last 6 years or so when I thought I'd rather have Ovechkin.

It's like comparing...I don't know.  A Ferrari 458 Italia to a Porsche 911 Turbo "S".  Both are better than 99.9% of all cars and each will go 200 mph or thereabouts, but they have different personalities, strengths, and weaknesses.

I'm not convinced, at the moment, that McDavid is guaranteed to be better than Eichel over an entire NHL career.

Edited by Kruppstahl

Also, here is the assist.

Incredible vision. Knows Seth is creeping down the whole time and he has the instinct to keep his eyes set on 29 (think it's Brock, a guy I'm sure the D was game-planning for in the high slot) to prolong deception. 

I've been praying for Grigorenko to some day be doing that on our PP for three years.

Jack will be doing it next year.

I don't think It is a done deal yet. If McDavid says in his combine interview - I'm leaving Edmonton first chance I get...Eichel might be Edmontons better option.

This is a great point. I think it is very unlikely, but if there is one thing at least in the realm of possibility that could change things up, it would be this.

This is a great point. I think it is very unlikely, but if there is one thing at least in the realm of possibility that could change things up, it would be this.

I think it's even farther outside the realm of possibility than the other scenarios people have been putting out there. The kid doesn't have that edge, I don't think.

If he's going to do something it'd likely be behind the scene.

I think it's even farther outside the realm of possibility than the other scenarios people have been putting out there. The kid doesn't have that edge, I don't think.

If he's going to do something it'd likely be behind the scene.

A private interview with the Oilers at the combine would be behind the scenes though. It could be as simple as, "I'm happy to join your organization if you choose to draft me, but full disclosure, in a few years when I'm looking for a long term deal, I'm going to prioritize other places closer to where I grew up." Not sure if that would potentially give the Oilers pause, but I suppose it could.

Anyways, I think it is extremely unlikely the Oilers pass on McDavid, or McDavid even says anything that could scare them off.

Edited by Thorny

A private interview with the Oilers at the combine would be behind the scenes though. It could be as simple as, "I'm happy to join your organization if you choose to draft me, but full disclosure, in a few years when I'm looking for a long term deal, I'm going to prioritize other places closer to where I grew up." Not sure if that would potentially give the Oilers pause, but I suppose it could.

Anways, I think it is extremely unlikely the Oilers pass on McDavid, or McDavid even says anything that could scare them off.

I misread the original post. Either way - it's just not going to happen, in my opinion. McDavid may have his issues with Edmonton, but he isn't the type to make himself a villain. He's a quiet kid with tremendous skill. He'll win wherever he goes, even if it is Edmonton.

I misread the original post. Either way - it's just not going to happen, in my opinion. McDavid may have his issues with Edmonton, but he isn't the type to make himself a villain. He's a quiet kid with tremendous skill. He'll win wherever he goes, even if it is Edmonton.

Agreed. I'll add that I'm at the point now where I hope things go down as planned. Of course I am biased, but I've already grown so attached to Eichel as a prospect that I would be disappointed at this juncture not to get him. There may be a bit of a gap between them, but Eichel is an amazing talent and his performance at the World's thus far has only served to prove that.

I certainly would be disappointed if Murray offered some crazy deal in an attempt to trade up.

Edited by Thorny

Remember when we lost the draft lottery and people were jumping out windows and saying Murray hates Eichel and lamenting how wasteful the tank was...

This is why we came in last because think what it would feel like to be Phoenix. 

Remember when we lost the draft lottery and people were jumping out windows and saying Murray hates Eichel and lamenting how wasteful the tank was...

This is why we came in last because think what it would feel like to be Phoenix.

I could not imagine what what it would be like to draft third this year. We would be futility clamoring for the NHL to allow Auston Matthews a waiver into this years draft.

Also I did not see this posted but, Babcock did not make it to the USA Game yesterday.

So, USA vs. Switzerland at (Edit: 9:15am) ET tomorrow (Thursday).  It does not appear to be listed on NBC Sports' TV listing... perhaps NHL network?

Edit: Grr. NBC Sports website has it as Canada v Belarus http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?aid=nbcsportswhatever, see K-9's post below, US-SUI at 9am.

Edited by Cereal

So, USA vs. Switzerland at 8:15am ET tomorrow (Thursday).  It does not appear to be listed on NBC Sports' TV listing... perhaps NHL network?

Faceoff is at 9:15 am EDT with coverage starting at 9. It's listed on the program guide for NBCSN tomorrow at 9. Just programmed my DVR. 

GO SABRES!!!

Jack needed to be quicker to the pucks there.  The announcer is right, US isn't hard enough on the puck thus far.

That was a much better shift from Team USA.  Good job.

lol love how the second I say anything the USA finally wakes up and starts scoring. 2-1 USA in the 2nd

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.