The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Also, not sure if this was posted.  The Jack Eichel Mic'd Up was a nice little piece.

nice thx

I know quite a few people who pre-ordered the jersey. This isn't "normal." Nobody else has gone through this for a number. I imagine the team (at least the marketing department) is probably wanting him to make a pick.

He's overthinking it.

I think its quite funny actually :D

Eichel shoots better than Connor

So says the scouting report. I am aware.

We were mentioning among the guys I was sitting with that it is a much different feel/attitude than when we watched the Grigorenko development camp. A few years back we were searching for greatness that (arguably) wasn't there, this year it was pretty evident and you didn't have to look too hard.

I know quite a few people who pre-ordered the jersey. This isn't "normal." Nobody else has gone through this for a number. I imagine the team (at least the marketing department) is probably wanting him to make a pick.

He's overthinking it.

I really mean no offense, but I read these sentiments and I am just like "Huh?"

Is it the case that every other elite prospect before Eichel has chosen a number within days of signing an entry-level deal? I'm asking.

In any case, the idea that he is overthinking it is just weird. He's either sincere in not wanting to choose his number yet (for reasons that would be admirable), or he is clowning/trolling and it is frickin' funny.

Yeah it's definitely generational.  I can't stop twittering my excitement about the Eichel jersey I ordered!  Because I have a cell phone I don't focus on anything!

VIDEO GAMES

i chuckled aloud.

Yeah it's definitely generational.  I can't stop twittering my excitement about the Eichel jersey I ordered!  Because I have a cell phone I don't focus on anything!

VIDEO GAMES

Is that the cell phone with the built-in espresso maker? 

Anyway, I don't ever recall, as in EVER, anyone being irked by a player taking his time in selecting his number. And I attribute that phenomenon to people simply wanting to order his jersey. But so what? Why not just wait for his process to work itself out? What's the rush? 

I do recall numerous instances of players being deferential to other players in that regard, though. Eichel respects the process more than the fans do, it seems. 

GO SABRES!!!

Is that the cell phone with the built-in espresso maker? 

Anyway, I don't ever recall, as in EVER, anyone being irked by a player taking his time in selecting his number. And I attribute that phenomenon to people simply wanting to order his jersey. But so what? Why not just wait for his process to work itself out? What's the rush? 

I do recall numerous instances of players being deferential to other players in that regard, though. Eichel respects the process more than the fans do, it seems. 

GO SABRES!!!

You want to know the best part about the whole rush to buy the jersey?  It will wind up on back order for a month or two anyway.

I think fans are just impatient about the jersey number because we live in a instant gratification culture. Let them wait.

My theory is he wants 9 and is waiting for Kane to make a decision. With Kane making fun of Eichel on Twitter a few times already, I'm pretty sure this is more about Kane wanting attention and power over the new golden son more than anything else. 

Congratulations, Hoss.  By expressing your impatience with Jack's number picking you have become an entire generation and culture.

I think fans are just impatient about the jersey number because we live in a instant gratification culture. Let them wait.

My theory is he wants 9 and is waiting for Kane to make a decision. With Kane making fun of Eichel on Twitter a few times already, I'm pretty sure this is more about Kane wanting attention and power over the new golden son more than anything else. 

And definitely not Kane joking around with his future teammate who he's really excited to be playing with.

McDavid is boring. 

Totally.

(But he is a little, right? Jack is more fun.)

With Kane making fun of Eichel on Twitter a few times already, I'm pretty sure this is more about Kane wanting attention and power over the new golden son more than anything else. 

The who now?

Congratulations, Hoss.  By expressing your impatience with Jack's number picking you have become an entire generation and culture.

I didn't intend to make anyone a poster child here. 

He probably wants 15....but Cornell has to not make the team first. :)

Bailey was 15 last year. 25 now. Those guys don't have assigned numbers. These are practice jerseys. Just like Jack's.

I still think it's a bit annoying. It's not a huge deal. But it's really a simple thing. I would like to get some merch and see it advertised.

Bailey was 15 last year. 25 now. Those guys don't have assigned numbers. These are practice jerseys. Just like Jack's.

I still think it's a bit annoying. It's not a huge deal. But it's really a simple thing. I would like to get some merch and see it advertised.

You taking eleven's crotchety pills?   :P

Kane already made a decision. His jerseys are on sale.

My guess is Eichel is honestly putting some thought into the number. I think it matters to him. He asked for 11 at one point. He seems to have prepared for those questions when they come up.

You taking eleven's crotchety pills? :P

Something something Eleven's crotch joke something something.

FTR: I haven't ordered an Eichel jersey. I will eventually. I know several who have. There was a guy with a #15 Eichel jersey there. We'll see if he wasted money.

Edited by Hoss

And definitely not Kane joking around with his future teammate who he's really excited to be playing with.

We had this discussion in the Kane thread. I'm excited for his on-ice potential but I'm in the camp that thinks he's going to be a locker room problem. I don't think Winnipeg was an accident. 

We had this discussion in the Kane thread. I'm excited for his on-ice potential but I'm in the camp that thinks he's going to be a locker room problem. I don't think Winnipeg was an accident.

Take a look at Winnipeg's roster. Find the obvious problem child. I assure you it wasn't Kane.

Hudson Fasching said an interesting thing today about Eichel after playing with him, that "it seems like a lot of things for him are effortless, but he still puts the effort in."

That's almost as good a compliment as you can get. I always remember how one sportswriter described Michael Jordan as saying somehow he was the best athlete, AND an overachiever. Meaning he was the most gifted but still tried harder than anyone else. Eichel seems not only generational but special. Don't want to get too carried away too soon but there ain't nothing not to like.

https://twitter.com/buffnewsvogl/status/618168033329217536

Hudson Fasching said an interesting thing today about Eichel after playing with him, that "it seems like a lot of things for him are effortless, but he still puts the effort in."

That's almost as good a compliment as you can get. I always remember how one sportswriter described Michael Jordan as saying somehow he was the best athlete, AND an overachiever. Meaning he was the most gifted but still tried harder than anyone else. Eichel seems not only generational but special. Don't want to get too carried away too soon but there ain't nothing not to like.

https://twitter.com/buffnewsvogl/status/618168033329217536

Bucky's profile in TBN had similar feedback: Supremely gifted, yes - but with the desire to match. Or perhaps more determined than gifted, somehow.

Love this kid!