The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Hasn't there been rumors he's using this as leverage for a higher contract?  Could this be the case?  If so, we can't sign him until tomorrow and that's the reason for the silence.  I know the rookie cap is around $925,000 but I think incentives can go up to $3+ Mil correct?

What leverage?  All Murray has to do is say, "Okay enjoy college".  Or he can say "Here is the max which has almost no affect on the team's cap."

Eichel is turning pro. Y'all gotsta relax.

I thought he was getting drafted by Edmonton. 

JW tweeted last night the Sabres as of two days ago have not received an official decision from Eichel

Could've sworn he'd said the decision had already been made prior to the draft and that he was just waiting until after the draft to announce it.

I'll believe he's going back to BU when I see him miss opening day of training camp and not a day sooner. This'll be over by the end of the weekend.

Hasn't there been rumors he's using this as leverage for a higher contract?  Could this be the case?  If so, we can't sign him until tomorrow and that's the reason for the silence.  I know the rookie cap is around $925,000 but I think incentives can go up to $3+ Mil correct?

His contract has already been written - rookie max w/ every bonus clause available (even the goalie ones). This is nothing more than people not used to having nice things looking for the poop rather than the pony.

His contract has already been written - rookie max w/ every bonus clause available (even the goalie ones). This is nothing more than people not used to having nice things looking for the poop rather than the pony.

I look forward to the future complaint from the NHLPA that blocked shots should count as saves.

Eichel said he just wanted an NHL guarantee. Buffalo already gave it to him. I think it's over.

But I DO think Eichel wants to go back to college for another year. He just realizes that it's not the best option.

Eichel said he just wanted an NHL guarantee. Buffalo already gave it to him. I think it's over.

But I DO think Eichel wants to go back to college for another year. He just realizes that it's not the best option.

People tend to look at things more black and white than they really are. It's entirely possible even at this point that he just doesn't know. He really, really, really wants to go back to BU, and he really, really, really wants to go to the NHL right now and make some money and play against the best and show he's better than McDavid. They could be equal.

But he has to make a decision and he's going to the NHL.

Of course he does. 

Yeah. He's got that vibe too... Ugh.

I think there are two 69's in the league I play in... and low and behold.. they both have tinted visors.. and of course wear a designer mouthguard as well.

And in related news, Tilted Kilt just announced its First WNY Location

http://buffalo.com/2015/06/26/news/food-drink/tilted-kilt-restaurant-chain-coming-to-western-new-york/

I give it a year at most.

So Rochester is no longer WNY?  because the one in Rochester has been open for a few months now.  They intelligently opened in a spot that has seen 3 restaurants open and close in the past 5 years or so.  Brilliant!

It goes up a bit with the cap but generally, $925,000 + 10% of that for signing bonus and max of $2,850,000 performance bonuses.

So Rochester is no longer WNY?  because the one in Rochester has been open for a few months now.  They intelligently opened in a spot that has seen 3 restaurants open and close in the past 5 years or so.  Brilliant!

Yes but this is the first breastrant to open there Hooters lasted a decade or so a half mile down Jefferson. 

Edited by inkman

Yes but this is the first breastrant to open there Hooters lasted a decade or so a half mile down Jefferson. 

Not true. Cheerleaders USA was there for a short time.

And then some pseudo-Japanese place, then a korean place.. or was it the other way around.. now it's a pawn shop.. that at least should do well in henrietta.