The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Okay okay.... can we get back to hockey talk now.

What is a realistic expectation for Jack going into this season? 15g, 25a?

Assuming Bylsma doesn't Nolan his usage, 55+ total points. I'll be really disappointed if he's only around 40, and I genuinely expect a MacKinnon-like season. I think the O'Reilly acquisition raises Eichel's likely point production.

Assuming Bylsma doesn't Nolan his usage, 55+ total points. I'll be really disappointed if he's only around 40, and I genuinely expect a MacKinnon-like season. I think the O'Reilly acquisition raises Eichel's likely point production.

Yep. Getting to start out on 2nd line should help up his production. Hoping 55 is the floor.

^^

I'm showing my age. Again. That young lady makes me think of my oldest kid's peers. So, any urge to leer makes me feel like a super creepy old dude.

You will soon have an experience that will make it apparent that young ladies of a certain age classify you as "father figure" or "uncle" material and simply don't take you seriously in "that way." It sounds counter-intuitive, but that will take away the creepy feeling.*

*Except when you're at Hooters. The creepy feeling never goes away.

Okay okay.... can we get back to hockey talk now.

What is a realistic expectation for Jack going into this season? 15g, 25a?

Well I've already bet my brother $50 he gets atleast 50 points and bet my wife's cousin $50 that he gets more points his rookie year then Connor McDavid.  Soooo.....I'm looking at more like 25 Goals 35 Assists.

Edited by Derrico

You will soon have an experience that will make it apparent that young ladies of a certain age classify you as "father figure" or "uncle" material and simply don't take you seriously in "that way." It sounds counter-intuitive, but that will take away the creepy feeling.*

*Except when you're at Hooters. The creepy feeling never goes away.

I'm just about there, I think. It's all good. I have no illusions about myself, nor aspirations to act like an idiot in any way.

Also, I've never been one for Hooters, so I don't have to deal with that particular challenge.

Something around 20-30-50 is my prediction at this point.

Agreed.

I think the advantageous home-ice deployment may get him into the mid-50s.

Well I've already bet my brother $50 he gets atleast 50 points and bet my wife's cousin $50 that he gets more points his rookie year then Connor McDavid. Soooo.....I'm looking at more like 25 Goals 35 Assists.

Well, worst case I think you break even. So there's that.

I'm just about there, I think. It's all good. I have no illusions about myself, nor aspirations to act like an idiot in any way.

Me neither, but but it's not about what *you* think; it's when you realize that's how *they* think of you. A subtle, but important, difference.

Me neither, but but it's not about what *you* think; it's when you realize that's how *they* think of you. A subtle, but important, difference.

Quite right. Our first babysitter -- who started with us as a freshman in high school and is now well into her 20s -- recently became engaged to a nice fella. I saw her after mass a couple weeks ago, and congratulated her. She caught me unawares with an enthusiastic hug and smack on the cheek. The sort of affection an uncle would receive.  

But you are one for hooters, correct?

Oh, yes.

Quite right. Our first babysitter -- who started with us as a freshman in high school and is now well into her 20s -- recently became engaged to a nice fella. I saw her after mass a couple weeks ago, and congratulated her. She caught me unawares with an enthusiastic hug and smack on the cheek. The sort of affection an uncle would receive.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking of. So why do you feel creepy?

Maybe you reall *are* creepy....   :unsure:

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking of. So why do you feel creepy?

Maybe you reall *are* creepy....   :unsure:

Oh, I don't. Feel creepy. When normal stuff like that happens, like seeing the old babysitter.

Where I would feel creepy is if I were to get (or allow myself to get) all hummana hummana over a college sophomore's bikini-dense Instagram account.

Nope. No thanks.

(The temptation's there, mind you. But my better angels are here by my side.)