The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Supposedly had the Kane deal and Tallinder return deal.

Didn't you read the part i said i was drunk :P

Most recently he been right about the Myers deal two days before anyone else, the only thing that was missing from his predictions was kassdorf coming back also.

Anyway 6 mill seems like alot, and i got the poster wrong buffalo39 vs Sabres89, then agian im still confused if they are the same or not. :D

Thanks boys  :thumbsup:

Sabres39 had the Kane deal down to the dot. He also had another big one... We talked about it on here but I forget what it was. I remember quite a few, including myself, dismissing it as nothing until it happened the next day.

But I think he's just guessing. Maybe that's the offer we put it and have pushed harder with the McLellan rumors to Edmonton.

I never visit HockeyBuzz but whenever I hear about commenters over there breaking news I check to see if it's Sabres39 or Homer. I don't think Homer posts anymore, likely because he lost his sources with the old regime, but I think Sabres39 is legit. Maybe it was the Fasching deal he broke. I think he had said something about us getting him but didn't know for what before the trade talk even surfaced.

Edited by Hoss

I have not had NYC corned beef and pastrami but it is now my mission if that is the Hasek to Montreal Smoked Meat's Pominville.  Bold statement there cotton.

Go into any Wal-Mart and get their Prima Della corned beef, pastrami or rare roast beef and you can save yourself a trip to NYC and a lot of bucks. You'll save enough to enjoy the City for other reasons. 

So where in Montreal would you suggest?

Chet here. Having been to the Bell Centre I urge you to get Club level seats as they include all the food and munchies you want. And yes, that include Montreal Smoked Meat sandwiches! Hot dogs, popcorn etc.

As great as that is though they pale in comparison to about anywhere on the street. Think eating wings at FNC and thinking, damn these are good!

If you go for a Sabres game you will see four or five other people wearing Sabres jerseys!

And when I tell them they are wrong about seeing it just as Buffalo team, they should go wider to south ontaria , western NY area, maybe im wrong or they are just not getting it.

Meh, they don't get it. Fack em!

Eichel and Babcock would be one hell of an offseason and Murray probably would not be done yet

Quite the contrary. I think Murray would just be getting started with Babcock and Eichel.

GO SABRES!!!

Quite the contrary. I think Murray would just be getting started with Babcock and Eichel.

GO SABRES!!!

I feel like including Kane in the offseason acquisition list too.  Things could get very entertaining very fast with a few more moves.

I'm actually not expecting much, Eichel + new coach.

2 UFA goalies, that will be about it.   Maybe a top 6 RW if the price isn't to high.

I'm expecting quite a bit more action that that.  I think TM wants to make major progress next season and a talent upgrade will be necessary.  The Sabres have the cash and the trade assets to bring in ready-to-go NHL talent.  I think we'll see a top-4 defenseman and a top-6 forward brought in.

Babcock shmabcock.

Pizza is sufficiently amazing and pliable to allow for many variations, interpretations.

So, yeah: A traditional pie is a freshly tossed/pulled shell of scratch dough, covered in a tomato sauce (I prefer a sauce that is more peppery and oregano'd than sweet), shredded mozz, a thinly sliced cured meat, usually pepperoni, and maybe a sprinkling of herbs and parmesan over top when it comes out of the oven.

But there's all kinds of ways to go beyond that, if you're in the mood.

When I make homemade pizza, I always use a sharp white cheddar. I'm sorry.

And this sounds farking delicious. What else is on that? A bitter green? Sausage?

On a side note , wich i think is very funny, most likely will piss you guys off.

As a Euro, talking to other americans about Buffalo, but for some reason they all dislike you guys :D

No offense, i do my best saying most buffalo peeps i talk to online I like, they all seem to have a grudge with you guys.

from California, Georgia, NY they really seem to go out of their way to tell me there shouldn't be an NFL or NHL team in buffalo.

Wich i find funny because you guys are very passionate and i can't see you guys supporting a relocated team.

And when I tell them they are wrong about seeing it just as Buffalo team, they should go wider to south ontaria , western NY area, maybe im wrong or they are just not getting it.

I don't understand why it's so pervasive, but it's been a long time since Buffalo has had a decent rep as a city nation-wide. I think it's because the only time Buffalo makes the national news is when we're snowed in. I'm furiously trying to enjoy the 4 weeks of nice weather here before it gets miserably hot and humid here near Philadelphia. These four weeks here is the same weather are what Buffalo gets from June until September. But that doesn't make the news. It's all about air conditioning. Once AC became prevalent, it wasn't as miserable to live in the south so lots of people moved there to get away from the snow.

As for the teams, that one baffles me. As you mention, Buffalo fans support their teams through thick and thin (and there's been lots of thin) when many cities would have left them to die. That being said, based on population Buffalo would never be awarded a team now. While Buffalo used to be in the top-10 in population 100 years ago and still respectable 50 years ago, we're near #50 in the US now.

I feel like including Kane in the offseason acquisition list too.  Things could get very entertaining very fast with a few more moves.

It sure could.  I may look like I've lot my mind when/if we finish 20 points out of the last playoff spot but I think Murray will be very active and we will be in a dog fight for those last couple of playoff spots next season at the very least.

Babcock shmabcock.

Pizza is sufficiently amazing and pliable to allow for many variations, interpretations.

So, yeah: A traditional pie is a freshly tossed/pulled shell of scratch dough, covered in a tomato sauce (I prefer a sauce that is more peppery and oregano'd than sweet), shredded mozz, a thinly sliced cured meat, usually pepperoni, and maybe a sprinkling of herbs and parmesan over top when it comes out of the oven.

But there's all kinds of ways to go beyond that, if you're in the mood.

And this sounds farking delicious. What else is on that? A bitter green? Sausage?

All of this sounds good but when I read it I can still see that Aud hallway in your avatar out of the corner of my eye ... so I am suddenly craving a thick SportService square of dough with a cardboard bottom with something that might be cheese and a single piece of alleged pepperoni in the middle.

History is however based on a long period of time where there were 6 teams or less in the league.  Those numbers mean so little to me.

By my count not quite half (10 of 24) came after the first and subsequent expansions.  So, those numbers should mean something.

On the other hand the majority (14 of 24) of their cups came in the non-watered-down of the talent pool pre-expansion era.

We were eliminated by Tampa... In September.

And nobody is taking Risto over PK. Maybe down the road, but that's a long climb to Norris-caliber leader on the back end. It's a clear case of homerism if you would legitimately rather have Risto.

Re-read that post where I discuss this. 

By my count not quite half (10 of 24) came after the first and subsequent expansions.  So, those numbers should mean something.

On the other hand the majority (14 of 24) of their cups came in the non-watered-down of the talent pool pre-expansion era.

All but two came at a time when the league had less than 20 teams.  Essentially their whole history is based off of a time where the game was entirely territorial.  I run into this problem with most sports when they start to spout off the teams that have won more championships than anyone else.

Montreal Cups: 24.

Detroit Cups: 11. 

History isn't based on recent success.

I missed this but thanks for telling me something I already knew.  Basically since I was old enough to remember the Royalty of the NHL is Detroit, not Montreal.  I hear players all the time discuss how great Detroit is.  They have won 4 cups since that last cup Montreal won.  I don't know how Babcock feels but Montreal has fallen from being the most super duper place ever since 93.  It would be like if the Yankees hadn't won a World Series the entire time Jeter played for them.  If that happened they wouldn't be thought of as the same powerhouse they are.  

History isn't based on recent success but which team is perceived as being better is.  I mean Edmonton must be better than the Penguins because they have won more cups.  That is the argument here.  

All but two came at a time when the league had less than 20 teams.  Essentially their whole history is based off of a time where the game was entirely territorial.  I run into this problem with most sports when they start to spout off the teams that have won more championships than anyone else.

How many Montreal cups came when they had dibs on any French Canadian players? I'm wondering how that worked, did Montreal just get to submit a list of players they wanted and got? Or did they sit in the call and any time a FC player came up with another team's pick they just yelled, "dibs, you EEnglish pig-dogs" into the phone?

How many Montreal cups came when they had dibs on any French Canadian players? I'm wondering how that worked, did Montreal just get to submit a list of players they wanted and got? Or did they sit in the call and any time a FC player came up with another team's pick they just yelled, "dibs, you EEnglish pig-dogs" into the phone?

You may be onto something here, but thank goodness there was a glitch in the phone line when it was time for the Sabres to make the first pick in 1970.

All of this sounds good but when I read it I can still see that Aud hallway in your avatar out of the corner of my eye ... so I am suddenly craving a thick SportService square of dough with a cardboard bottom with something that might be cheese and a single piece of alleged pepperoni in the middle.

Holy smokes - been a minute since I thought of that old SportService pizza. Perfect description of it - especially the box (THE BOX!) and single large slice of faux-e-roni.

Kids these days - they have no idea, eh?

IMG_0173.JPG