Goligowski - 31

Erik Johnson - 28

Luke Schenn - 27

Nicklas Grossman - 31

Jason Demers - 28

Carl Gunnarson - 30

Kris Russel - 29

Grant Clitsome - 31

Slightly better list than this year if they all make it to UFA.  I'm thinking that player will likely have to come through trade.  We've already traded a few draft picks and prospects so I'm not sure what's still left in the cupboard to be moved.

Forgive me freeman for I'm about to sin but holy mother ###### ######.

We've got Evander Kane!!!

We've got Ryan O'Reilly!!!!

We've got JACK EICHEL!!!!!

We've got a new goaltender.

A revamped defense.

We've got a cup-winning coach.

*wipes drool*

Is this what it's like to try to win? I'm so glad we decided to go down this road.

What a time to be alive in Buffalo.

Yep.  Where's that guy who said we should tank again?  Having that quality of top end talent and tanking are mutually exclusive concepts.

With the Franson move, I'd say last year is officially irrelevant in Buffalo.

Since February we have turned over the coach, plus 13 players — more than half our roster:

Nolan — Bylsma

Stewart — Kane

Stafford — O'Reilly

Mitchell — Eichel

Flynn — Larsson

Hodgson — Reinhart

Kaleta — McGinn

Ellis — Legwand

Myers — Bogosian

Meszaros — Franson

Zadorov — Pysyk

Benoit — Colaiacovo

Enroth — Lehner

Neuvirth — Johnson

I can't recall that significant a turnover for the Sabres — ever — and most of those are clear upgrades.

Who knows if he will be successful or not, but thank God for Tim Murray. 

I'm officially excited about this team again.

Time to get this season underway.

I'm printing this post and putting it on my fridge! It can make me happy every morning!  B-)

I'm printing this post and putting it on my fridge! It can make me happy every morning!  B-)

Only 9 of the Sabres that dressed on 1/1/15 are still w/ the Sabres (+Kaleta is in limbo; Foligno & Gionta were injured).

The 9: Gorges,

Weber

McCormick,

Larsson

Moulson,

Girgensons,

Deslauriers,

Ristolainen, and

Ennis.

The 10 that are definitely gone:

Hodgson (Preds),

Stafford (Jets),

Strachan (Wild),

Grigorenko (Avs),

Zadorov (Avs),

Benoit (Blues),

Flynn (Habs),

Stewart (Ducks),

Neuvirth (Phlyers), &

Enroth (Kings).

How did that team only lose 2-0 to the Cats?

Moulson - O'Reilly - Ennis - nifty and sneeky line.

Kane - Eichel - Girgensons - Speed and power line

Foligno- Reinhart - McGinn - Reinhart gets protection while setting these guys up for 20 goals.

Deslauriers/legwand - Larsson - Gionta

Risto - Bogo

Gorges - Franson

Carlo-Pysyk

Weber

Lehner

Johnson/Makarov.

Foligno- Reinhart - McGinn - Reinhart gets protection while setting these guys up for 20 goals.

I like the vision on a lot of those lines, esp. Reinhart.

I do think, though, that it seems good and proper that, having taken the kid under his wing, Moulson would then play on Eichel's (wing).

Risto - Bogo

Gorges - Franson

Carlo-Pysyk

Weber

Lehner

Johnson/Makarov.

I would change your 3rd line.  Foligno - Legwand - Reinhart.  Let him learn center from a pro.

I like the idea, but I'd rather him being learning it from O'Reily than Legwand. Otherwise have him center the 3rd IMO

Agree, I think I like the idea of Reinhart taking on a bit of a hybrid role for this year, playing the majority of his shifts at third line center, but also sliding up to O'Reilly's right wing on the first line at times, depending on the situation. He'd have a nice role in the 3C spot, and a chance to see first line minutes with some scorers, too. Get him in some reps with Kane -- I continue to think those two are going to be a helluva combination in the next few years, when Reinhart moves up to second-line center.

• 3 weeks later...

Kane - O'Reilly - Ennis -

Moulding - Eichel - Girgensons -

Gionta-- Larrson - Reinhart

Deslauriers/legwand - Foligno and whoever

I like the lines like this. Larrson has to either play a serious role or be traded for something good. He is just too good a player to be a spare part. This gives us solid scoring all through the tree top lines. Look out NHL here come the Sabres!

I really like the idea of Larrson and Reinhardt playing on the same line together. I feel Larson has more long term potential than Mcginn and I don't see giant a being here once his contract is up in two seasons. Playing with reinhardt they can develop some chemistry which could be blossom into something special in the future. Not sure if Bylsma wants too much youth on a line though and I wouldn't be surprised if Larson is traded as well.

Legit NHL talent that we are struggling to find room for.  Me likey.

Personally, I think Legwand is the odd man out.

I'd still expect them to avoid have 3 rookies (or essentially rookies if Larsson's played enough to not be Calder eligible) down the middle until injuries force the issue. My guess is Larsson in the pressbox on day 1.

Reinhart on the wing is my play.

Until camp opened, that's where I was at. But Reinhart hasn't looked out of place nor overwhelmed at C from what I've seen. I'd expect they let him C the 3rd line until he shows he can't handle it. Then he slides to RW for a while if it comes to that.

Would still be Larsson odd man out on day 1.

Unfortunately, there'll be enough injuries that whoever is out day 1 will have a lot a chances to show he belongs.

Not a surprise among them.  Guys I hope to see up in Buffalo someday:  Bailey, Catenacci (always*), Baptiste.

*Catenacci only because of his freaking wheels.  Holy Joe, that guy might be faster than Afinogenov.  He'd be so much fun to watch if he could put a complete game together, but I don't think he can or will.

Not a surprise among them.  Guys I hope to see up in Buffalo someday:  Bailey, Catenacci (always*), Baptiste.

*Catenacci only because of his freaking wheels.  Holy Joe, that guy might be faster than Afinogenov.  He'd be so much fun to watch if he could put a complete game together, but I don't think he can or will.

All three have nice speed. I could imagine Catenacci as a call-up. But it is hard to see a role for him unless he plays with more of an edge for the third line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.