2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

I'm not a fan of Oduya. I think he works on a team full of superstars and a strong captain. I can see his silly penalties and almost no offense being a problem on a young team trying to learn how to win.

Are you sure? I don't think I've ever seen Oduya take a silly penalty. He's a pretty smart player. 

I'm not a fan of Oduya. I think he works on a team full of superstars and a strong captain. I can see his silly penalties and almost no offense being a problem on a young team trying to learn how to win.

Although I'm fine with adding Oduya, I do agree he's not an ideal fit. However, it's not exactly raining top-4 Dmen at the moment and he's a monumental upgrade over the on-roster alternatives.

Are you sure? I don't think I've ever seen Oduya take a silly penalty. He's a pretty smart player. 

He is a smart player and he does play some tough minutes against the top lines, but yeah, he often takes penalties that he just doesn't need to take, IMHO anyway.

---

I should add that he's gotten way better at it. He used to be a lot worse, but that just makes me question whether the team he is now playing on is a factor in that.

He is a smart player and he does play some tough minutes against the top lines, but yeah, he often takes penalties that he just doesn't need to take, IMHO anyway.

---

I should add that he's gotten way better at it. He used to be a lot worse, but that just makes me question whether the team he is now playing on is a factor in that.

Oduya isn't going to light the night on fire offensively, but he will give you 20-25 reliable minutes a night and skates really well, so he could give you 25-30 minutes if called upon. If Bylsma wants a team that clears the zone quickly and safely, he's the guy IMO. 

He's  just a solid worker that you don't much notice out there but can log the minutes. 

Not a sexy choice. But he'd definitely fit. 

Oduya isn't going to light the night on fire offensively, but he will give you 20-25 reliable minutes a night and skates really well, so he could give you 25-30 minutes if called upon. If Bylsma wants a team that clears the zone quickly and safely, he's the guy IMO. 

He's  just a solid worker that you don't much notice out there but can log the minutes. 

Major yeppers on that.   :thumbsup:

He's just a solid worker that you don't much notice out there but can log the minutes.

I'd hit that.

Here's my latest line-up, with a top lefty D the one glaring roster hole at the moment which I assume GMTM is still busy trying to fill:

Kane - O'Reilly - Reinhart

Moulson - Eichel - Ennis

McGinn - Girgensons - Gionta

Foligno - Larsson - Deslauriers

??? - Bogosian

Gorges - Ristolainen

Colaiacovo - Pysyk

Lehner

Johnson, Weber, McCormick, Legwand

2 years ago my future lineup included:

Kane McEichel Kane
Moulson O'Reilly Ennis
Foligno Reinhart Girgensons

There's less than 1% chance of it happening but I would offer up

Reinhart, Moulson, Larsson, 1st 16', 1st 17'   for #88  (The hope was he would hit UFA this summer)

Edited by Warriorspikes51

I would be astonished if Patrick Kane played for the Sabres while under his upcoming contract.  I also think this team should give Reinhart an actual chance before trading him off. 

I don't understand all the reinhart trade proposals, yes we need anoterh top 4 LHD after trading Zadarov.   But we need to be patient, one will come up cheap when cap strapped teams are with their back against the wall in two months.

I don't understand all the reinhart trade proposals, yes we need anoterh top 4 LHD after trading Zadarov.   But we need to be patient, one will come up cheap when cap strapped teams are with their back against the wall in two months.

I agree, trading Reinhart at this stage is dumb.

2 years ago my future lineup included:

Kane McEichel Kane

Moulson O'Reilly Ennis

Foligno Reinhart Girgensons

There's less than 1% chance of it happening but I would offer up

Reinhart, Moulson, Larsson, 1st 16', 1st 17'   for #88  (The hope was he would hit UFA this summer)

The reason there is less than 1% chance is it makes zero sense. Then you put moulson and reinhart in a lineup with Kane? Didn't you just trade them? Lol

Judging by what I have witnessed and heard this week, I will probably be wrong. Sam Reinhart will be a winger in the fall for an unknown amount of time, before transitioning to center.

Besides Reinhart saying he is willing to play wing, what is the supporting evidence?

Judging by what I have witnessed and heard this week, I will probably be wrong. Sam Reinhart will be a winger in the fall for an unknown amount of time, before transitioning to center.

See?  Wasn't that difficult.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.