2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

I read a lot of posts that seem to be based on the idea that the roster is static and the roles of each line and player will be the same from game to game.

Injuries happen, players get slotted into different roles depending on the situation and the opponent, guys go through slumps, lines lose and gain chemistry, the coach shakes things up for a variety of reasons.

One of the things I like about this line-up of forwards is we seem to have a lot of versatility.

The idea that Johan Larsson should be traded because there is no room for him is going to look laughable 30 games into the season.

Excellent observation and I agree. It seems that depth isn't valued or talked about until you have a lack of it. Methinks it'll be closer to 15 games for the first injuries to start chipping away at the depth. Its already happening on ' D '.

D'Amigo cleared. Oh well. Varone went on waivers at noon. It was asked why I don't want D'Amigo in roch. I don't want those guys that play hard when they have delusions of greatness and fade away when the grind of the season hits. Both hockey players mentioned here are faders.

Today's practice lines. Bylsma says to expect something very similar against the Leafs.

Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O’Reilly – 63 Tyler Ennis

26 Matt Moulson – 41 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno
71 Evan Rodrigues – 22 Johan Larsson – 23 Sam Reinhart
37 Matt Ellis – 28 Zemgus Girgensons/59 Tim Schaller – 20 Jason Akeson

As much as I have been waving the flag for Reinhart, I find it interesting he has yet to skate with anyone slated for the top six.

My instinct would be to say it means he is still on the bubble.

You get say the something similar about Larsson, but Bylsma sure talks about him like he is a player he intends to use.

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1573

Edited by dudacek

D'Amigo cleared. Oh well. Varone went on waivers at noon. It was asked why I don't want D'Amigo in roch. I don't want those guys that play hard when they have delusions of greatness and fade away when the grind of the season hits. Both hockey players mentioned here are faders.

Ah but when you want to call them up, they can play hard for a handful of games and float the team.

Today's practice lines. Bylsma says to expect something very similar against the Leafs.

Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O’Reilly – 63 Tyler Ennis

26 Matt Moulson – 41 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno

71 Evan Rodrigues – 22 Johan Larsson – 23 Sam Reinhart

37 Matt Ellis – 28 Zemgus Girgensons/59 Tim Schaller – 20 Jason Akeson

We're rolling five lines against the Leafs?  :P

Bogo week to week, Gorges week to week, McCabe injured and risto just coming back.

Our opening line up D could be

Guhle - Risto

Colaiacovo - franson

Weber - Pysyk

poor lehner :sick:

Luke schenn anyone ?

Hence why I suggested a trade.  Doesn't have to been Larsson but if we are trading for a good young defender, we will need to trade something good.  Or Murray can run with what we have until players get healthy.

Hence why I suggested a trade.  Doesn't have to been Larsson but if we are trading for a good young defender, we will need to trade something good.  Or Murray can run with what we have until players get healthy.

Every team will be shedding weight and salary. I don't think there will be much need to shed assets to acquire in the next week. 

9 Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O’Reilly – 63 Tyler Ennis

26 Matt Moulson – 41 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno

71 Evan Rodrigues – 22 Johan Larsson – 23 Sam Reinhart

37 Matt Ellis – 28 Zemgus Girgensons/59 Tim Schaller – 20 Jason Akeson

As much as I have been waving the flag for Reinhart, I find it interesting he has yet to skate with anyone slated for the top six.

My instinct would be to say it means he is still on the bubble.

You get say the something similar about Larsson, but Bylsma sure talks about him like he is a player he intends to use.

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1573

I said last week it just feels like the plan is for Reinhart to start in Rochester. With the players we have and have acquired it just appears that GMTM's plan all along is to get Reinhart top line and PP time in Rochester. Might be 20 games, 40 games, or all year. I just don't think he is in our opening lineup.

GMTM has to ignore where he was selected and do what is best for his development. I don't think at this moment limited minutes in Buffalo is what Murray will decide is best.

I said last week it just feels like the plan is for Reinhart to start in Rochester. With the players we have and have acquired it just appears that GMTM's plan all along is to get Reinhart top line and PP time in Rochester. Might be 20 games, 40 games, or all year. I just don't think he is in our opening lineup.

GMTM has to ignore where he was selected and do what is best for his development. I don't think at this moment limited minutes in Buffalo is what Murray will decide is best.

Samson doesn't need the AHL to learn the game. He sees the game and his positioning is really exceptional for a rookie. The only question is really if he has the physical package to compete in the NHL. If they want him to do 4 months of lifting, maybe he goes to the A. But I really think he's ready. He is going to get overpowered at times in physical battles,  but he's got more than enough game to compensate. 

Samson doesn't need the AHL to learn the game. He sees the game and his positioning is really exceptional for a rookie. The only question is really if he has the physical package to compete in the NHL. If they want him to do 4 months of lifting, maybe he goes to the A. But I really think he's ready. He is going to get overpowered at times in physical battles, but he's got more than enough game to compensate.

Knowing the game and playing the game are not the same thing. Mentally yes he is ready. Physically I don't know. If Murray feels he isn't then playing in Rochester against guys much faster than juniors, hitting the weights, and getting his physical game up to speed might not be all that bad.

Believe me I don't want to see one of our tank rewards in the AHL but if that's the best for him then I guess it is what it is.

Samson doesn't need the AHL to learn the game. He sees the game and his positioning is really exceptional for a rookie. The only question is really if he has the physical package to compete in the NHL. If they want him to do 4 months of lifting, maybe he goes to the A. But I really think he's ready. He is going to get overpowered at times in physical battles,  but he's got more than enough game to compensate. 

Yup, three assists the other night. He's ready. I'm sure he will be fine.

As for Larrson, if someone was offering a pretty good defenseman, signed for at least three more years, I'd have to think about it. As much as I like him, I think we could use defense help

Yup, three assists the other night. He's ready. I'm sure he will be fine.

As for Larrson, if someone was offering a pretty good defenseman, signed for at least three more years, I'd have to think about it. As much as I like him, I think we could use defense help

He was playing against pretty much an AHL team. Guhle had points also. Is he ready?

Larrson isn't going anywhere. You think he gets rid of Larrson and keeps Legwand? He has traded enough of our prospects. Not that Larrson is a prospect still but I think it would be crazy to trade him. When our roster really matters Larrson will be an important part of it. Legwand and Gionta won't be. In other words - next year.

He was playing against pretty much an AHL team. Guhle had points also. Is he ready?

Larrson isn't going anywhere. You think he gets rid of Larrson and keeps Legwand? He has traded enough of our prospects. Not that Larrson is a prospect still but I think it would be crazy to trade him. When our roster really matters Larrson will be an important part of it. Legwand and Gionta won't be. In other words - next year.

Samson was really good without the puck. Guhle....well, he looked 18 without the puck. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.