WSJ: Buffalo is the "capital" of the NHL

Hoss

I am SHOCKED that Greensboro, NC is the capitol of NASCAR racing. 

Shocked, I say.

If they did that over the last two years, of course Buffalo wins the NHL.  Buffalo fans are used to watching hockey, but with the state of the Sabres they need to watch all the other teams to see real hockey and watch their favorite players (who've all been traded to other teams).

I think you don't see big cities on this list because of the diversity. The data is percentage, so there are likely more people tuning into Rangers or Blackhawks games than Sabres games. OKC for golf is a strange one, unless you figure that Oklahomans probably like sports where WASPs dominate. :)

I'm not, unfortunately.

But college basketball gives it a run for its money.

I am still of the opinion that college hoops, especially at tourney time, is one of the greatest sporting spectacles to behold. Just a great overall game to watch. And NC is one of its cradles. A ton of hoop history down there. 

I am still of the opinion that college hoops, especially at tourney time, is one of the greatest sporting spectacles to behold. Just a great overall game to watch. And NC is one of its cradles. A ton of hoop history down there.

Well said, my man, and so very true.

As for Nascar, it's huge here in Greensboro, but Charlotte is the true center of the universe for Nascar.

SAM REINHART WILL BE FINE.

Aha ! I see what you've done there. I look at the board and it says Liger for the latest posts on about 10 threads and I thought you were trying to set a record for posts. I agree. Sam will be fine. :w00t:

Edited by bunomatic

Buffalo is very center to the hockey universe... but Toronto is the very center.

The entire province of Quebec now hates you, and the mayor of Montreal has a contract out on your life.  Smart, Liger, smart.

I have a hard time believing OKC is epicenter of golf viewership

That state, for whatever reason, is crazy about football, rodeo, and, believe it or not, golf.

The entire province of Quebec now hates you, and the mayor of Montreal has a contract out on your life.  Smart, Liger, smart.

That state, for whatever reason, is ###### crazy about football, rodeo, and, believe it or not, golf.

Don't they normally have very highly rated college golf programs at OU and OSU?

I think you don't see big cities on this list because of the diversity. The data is percentage, so there are likely more people tuning into Rangers or Blackhawks games than Sabres games. OKC for golf is a strange one, unless you figure that Oklahomans probably like sports where WASPs dominate. :)

So they only like the PGA and not the LPGA?

That state, for whatever reason, is ###### crazy about football, rodeo, and, believe it or not, golf.

If you think about it it's kind of sad.  Life is so slow in that OKC that they find golf fun to watch.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.