Report your current temp.

PASabreFan

It was -24 Deg F, not sure wind chill factor, this morning.

And your telling me it was -6 deg F, 3000 frickin miles to the north of me, about 10 ft (3.3 meters on the new fashioned measuring stick) from the center of the North Pole in Halifax and your almost 20 degrees warmer...That's not right, just not right.

:w00t:

The warm (?) North Atlantic waters are supposed to *moderate* our weather.

That's rich.  Really rich.

You are in the worlds most northern year round open water port right? There's this Atlantic warm water current phenomenon and stuff..I have the great ability to remember stuff that usually serves no useful purpose to my day to day existence, but occasionally I'm able to use it for causing trouble...

Edited by Woods-Racer

The cold doesn't bug me too much. The wind can eff off, though. I miss looking nice/feminine, since I'm always blanketed under 8 layers of clothing. It was -4 when I woke up in West Henrietta this morning, feeling like -26.

Saturday I was out working on a broken fence at the barn (near Lima, NY) and noticed the horizon getting hazy. Since you can see for miles out there (cue Roger Daltrey), I estimated we had about 20 minutes before the weather hit us. Checked my phone/set an alarm.

Kept fiddling with the fence in bare hands (wasn't too cold, about 18 degrees and no wind). My phone beeps 15 minutes later, just as the wind picks up and freezes my hands up, instantly (-15 windchill). I barely finish what I'm doing, get my gloves on, and start up the hill when a whiteout hit. It was really awesome. All sound was gone, just snow. Lots and lots of snow. I stopped to take it in for a minute. I never mind the cold at the barn- baselayers, multiple sweatshirts, full carhartts/carhartt vest/carhartt coat all ward off chill pretty nicely (at least until my gloves freeze). 

I had to go out in it later and wade through the thigh deep drifts to move a couple horses. They love it. Cold weather makes them all super excited/playful/kind of tough to handle. Hence the broken fences.

Just a "hey winter's still pretty awesome" post I guess. Beats sweating and chafing. 

62*F

I had to mow the lawn yesterday; very early in the season.  It's usually still dormant until early March.  The temp was just shy of 80.  Unseasonably warm, even for Texas.  They're saying freezing rain by Tuesday.

Mid-70s yesterday, stayed in the 60s into the evening. Now it's below freezing. That's more seasonable.

Ha -- that's near me!  Hadn't watched the news so didn't know, but I've seen it driving around the area before and it's pretty funny-looking.

Heavy bun damage for the wienermobile...   http://news.yahoo.com/oscar-mayer-wienermobile-takes-bun-damage-hitting-pole-153022462.html

A former student of mine used to be a hotdogger (that's what they call the wienermobile drivers) up in PA... they called him "Ketchup Chris!"

We didn't get the freezing rain as predicted here in Raleigh, but the inch or two of sleet has shut everything right down.

Edit: current temp 20 F.

We did but we are back up to 33 so not to bad. Work isn't opening until 12 today so I get to relax at home a bit longer.

We didn't get the freezing rain as predicted here in Raleigh, but the inch or two of sleet has shut everything right down.

Edit: current temp 20 F.

Doesn't just the threat of precipitation and temperatures below 40 f shut everything down in NC?

When my sister was there, when the weather man came on and said snow, cold, ice , or freezing rain the cancelations started to run along the bottom of the screen. Then if he was wrong everyone would just say "better save than sorry".

We did but we are back up to 33 so not to bad. Work isn't opening until 12 today so I get to relax at home a bit longer.

We are closed today, although I'll still be doing some reports from home today and I had off Presidents day yesterday. This all adds up to a four day weekend, three day work week and a week long Disney cruise next week for me. Nice.

We are closed today, although I'll still be doing some reports from home today and I had off Presidents day yesterday. This all adds up to a four day weekend, three day work week and a week long Disney cruise next week for me. Nice.

Living the dream!  Yea in Georgia we don't get presidents day, we get confederate memorial day and Robert E Lee's birthday....  

http://youtu.be/XQmO-WfEkk4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.