Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Just wondering, can a team not have two pairings of D men they consider shut down pairs.

Enstrom is one of the smartest D men in the game and usually makes anyone he plays with look better.

If he plays with Myers and Trouba pairs with Buff, We have, arguably, the best 4 starting D men in the NHL.

Come on. There are several D cores better, including Nashiville, which was already mentioned. Not to mention the D core that just won a Stanley Cup in June.

Myers, with the Jets (15), got 75% of the points Bogo did all year.

Bogo with Sabres 0-7 for 7 points and a -7

Myers with Jets 2-13 for 15 and a +9

Our team was terrible. Jets were good. Of course Myers saw a statistical improvement.

Just wondering, can a team not have two pairings of D men they consider shut down pairs.

Enstrom is one of the smartest D men in the game and usually makes anyone he plays with look better.

If he plays with Myers and Trouba pairs with Buff, We have, arguably, the best 4 starting D men in the NHL.

Definitions are mutable, of course. But if a shutdown defense-man is your stay at home guy against the other teams top forwards, I would say no. 

I think Myers (and Enstrom) are very good players in open, and up ice. I wouldn't give either guy a shutdown role.  

Definitions are mutable, of course. But if a shutdown defense-man is your stay at home guy against the other teams top forwards, I would say no. 

I think Myers (and Enstrom) are very good players in open, and up ice. I wouldn't give either guy a shutdown role.  

I even like them both as a 2nd pairing, they will have room to go at the lesser opposing offense alot more.

In the end this trade will come down to this:

1. It was a fine hockey trade for both sides.

2. Kane + Bogosian will be very fine with the sabres and are more able to shut down opposing top lines than what we gave up.

3. If lemieux and Armia make the NHL, the jets have got some extra pieces in a year or two.

4. Stafford is a fine RW on a 2nd or 3rd line role, Myers as 2nd pairing D is what I would want with the sabres also.

5. I truly believe kassdorf might surprise us , and if he makes it as backup goalie it will put us over the edge even if lemieux/Armia pans out.

6. The four previous points have all been made already and take us back to #1 it is a damn fine hockey trade wich helps both sides.

I even like them both as a 2nd pairing, they will have room to go at the lesser opposing offense alot more.

In the end this trade will come down to this:

1. It was a fine hockey trade for both sides.

2. Kane + Bogosian will be very fine with the sabres and are more able to shut down opposing top lines than what we gave up.

3. If lemieux and Armia make the NHL, the jets have got some extra pieces in a year or two.

4. Stafford is a fine RW on a 2nd or 3rd line role, Myers as 2nd pairing D is what I would want with the sabres also.

5. I truly believe kassdorf might surprise us , and if he makes it as backup goalie it will put us over the edge even if lemieux/Armia pans out.

6. The four previous points have all been made already and take us back to #1 it is a damn fine hockey trade wich helps both sides.

That's the one (yeah, right) bad thing about having DR as GM for 36 years, we've (not that Weave, the collective we've) totally forgotten that hockey trades that benefit both teams are possible. The closest we came in that generation that fit that definition was Barnaby for Barnes or May for Sanderson (Pomms for Larsson & change?).

(Sorry, probably missing 1, but been drinkin' tonight.)

Edited by Taro T

Myers and Bogosian are different.  I would guess by offensive statistics Myers will always be better.  That being said I like the fact I don't worry as much about Bogosian in the defensive end.  BOth guys will be good in their owns ways for their teams. Those ways are just different. 

I think some people are missing the point on Myers.  Point being, his upside is as large as he is tall.  Still plenty of time for him to turn into the next Chara.  Still plenty of time for him not to.

That's what makes him, potentially, a high price to pay.  Not how he was playing as a Sabre or as a Jet.

Edited by Eleven

That's the one (yeah, right) bad thing about having DR as GM for 36 years, we've (not that Weave, the collective we've) totally forgotten that hockey trades that benefit both teams are possible. The closest we came in that generation that fit that definition was Barnaby for Barnes or May for Sanderson (Pomms for Larsson & change?).

(Sorry, probably missing 1, but been drinkin' tonight.)

Roy-Ott

I think some people are missing the point on Myers.  Point being, his upside is as large as he is tall.  Still plenty of time for him to turn into the next Chara.  Still plenty of time for him not to.

That's what makes him, potentially, a high price to pay.  Not how he was playing as a Sabre or as a Jet.

I know you qualified it but Tyler Myers will never, ever, ever be the next Chara. ever.

It's only bad karma if Marfans is contagious, but I think it's a genetic disease so ROR will be fine.

I hear Canadian beer is used to combat Marfans but requires large quantities. That explains Mr. Intangibles DUI. Somebody get the ghost of Johnny Cochran on the phone. O'Reilly had to drink and drive because drinking was the only way for him to avoid infection with Marfans.

I hear Canadian beer is used to combat Marfans but requires large quantities. That explains Mr. Intangibles DUI. Somebody get the ghost of Johnny Cochran on the phone. O'Reilly had to drink and drive because drinking was the only way for him to avoid infection with Marfans.

That's right, beer does stunt growth. You have something here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not counting goalies, Lemieux was one of the better youngsters on the ice these past 4 games. Only 2 or 3 forwards played better in my estimation. He sure plays with an edge and has some finish to him. One more year in junior and a season in the AHL and he should be ready for the big team.

Chevy says Armia will be given every chance to make the team and is expected to make the Jets. High expectations? I dunno.

Chevy says Armia will be given every chance to make the team and is expected to make the Jets. High expectations? I dunno.

If he doesn't make it now when will he? Seems like he's plenty of seasoning and needs to get on with it.

Not counting goalies, Lemieux was one of the better youngsters on the ice these past 4 games. Only 2 or 3 forwards played better in my estimation. He sure plays with an edge and has some finish to him. One more year in junior and a season in the AHL and he should be ready for the big team.

I was pissed that we lost Lemieux. I had high expectations for him. If he ends up being half the player his Dad was he'll be a solid contributor in the bottom 6, especially in the playoffs.