Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Good to see him healed up and playing well. He should get a ton of goals for you guys this year. I caught a part of the highlights (rarely watch tv not counting hockey and football) and he scored a goal.

What about Bogo?

I will come back on tonight or tomorrow and give an unbiased report on how I think Lemieux and Armia play tonight. I hope they play Armia with some skill guys.

Good to see him healed up and playing well. He should get a ton of goals for you guys this year. I caught a part of the highlights (rarely watch tv not counting hockey and football) and he scored a goal.

What about Bogo?

I will come back on tonight or tomorrow and give an unbiased report on how I think Lemieux and Armia play tonight. I hope they play Armia with some skill guys.

I don't think Bogo has played yet, the Sabres are cycling through the raft of AHL D right now.

What about Bogo?

thanks. looking forward to your report. Glad you've stuck around, Ducky. 

You're not going to get rid of me that easy. I have a uni bet to collect on!

:doh:

I am almost sorry that you will be wearing a turdburger jersey around the Peg.  It's borderline inhumane.  :flirt:

:beer:

Like I said earlier, if I lose, I will put Hawerchuk's name on the back of it and wear it with pride........ not gonna happen tho.

Lemieux hits everything he can and rang one of the post early....not much else.

Armia didn't play.

Stafford was playing with Scheifele and Wheeler and I don't know why. He is not fast enough to keep up. The line was average (Wheeler had a tough game).

This deal is good for the Sabres, and it was then.  Armia has no guarantee to make an impact anytime soon.  You can call Myers what you want and he showed some promise for Winnipeg when he got into the groove of things, however Bogosian has looked fine for Buffalo and Kane looks like the type of player you want.  Lemieux the 1st (Roslovic), and Armia seems like a fair price.  Drew Stafford ran out his time here, and was an expiring contract. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

I have no idea what to make of Bogosian.

When I see him play, sometimes he looks like a tough-guy type, clear the goal out D-man who doesn't make mistakes, then the next shift he is turning it over.

When I hear people who know more hockey than me talk about him...I hear he can be (or already is) a legit top 2 d-man who is destined for all-star games...and other say he will 'fit in nicely' as a pretty reliabe 3-4 D-man as long as you don't give him too many minutes.

Some I hear talk about him like he is going to be the second coming of Chris Pronger...others seem to say he is 1/2 step better than Mike Weber.

I really have no idea what to think of him.

I have no idea what to make of Bogosian.

When I see him play, sometimes he looks like a tough-guy type, clear the goal out D-man who doesn't make mistakes, then the next shift he is turning it over.

When I hear people who know more hockey than me talk about him...I hear he can be (or already is) a legit top 2 d-man who is destined for all-star games...and other say he will 'fit in nicely' as a pretty reliabe 3-4 D-man as long as you don't give him too many minutes.

Some I hear talk about him like he is going to be the second coming of Chris Pronger...others seem to say he is 1/2 step better than Mike Weber.

I really have no idea what to think of him.

I think Bogosian can fit in anywhere without looking out of place. He's decent on the top pair but if you have enough talent on D he's a great option to have on your 2nd pairing. He should be playing top pairing for us until we find a legit top pairing LHD and Ristolainen is ready to supplant him on the right side. Once that happens we'll be in great shape on D, especially if Psysk and McCabe develop.

Armia and Lemieux both sent down. If Armia's still not ready, will he ever be?

Doesn't look like it at this point.

Didn't see the game, only the score. That would explain the score.

Yup. And the vets the Jets did have in the game didn't play very well. Notably, Trouba. And Hutchinson.

Armia is 22 so this is not the end of the line......yet.

I was listening to the game but not watching....drinking beer and deep-frying duck outside....glad I wasn't watching.

Raffl (29 years old) Lipon, Copp, Petan, and Ehlers are the rookies still with the club. All played better than Armia and Lemieux.

Lemieux needs to work on his skating and I expect Armia or Lipon to be the first call up in case of injury.

Ehlers, Copp and Petan will stick with the team.

I was listening to the game but not watching....drinking beer and deep-frying duck outside....glad I wasn't watching.

Raffl (29 years old) Lipon, Copp, Petan, and Ehlers are the rookies still with the club. All played better than Armia and Lemieux.

Lemieux needs to work on his skating and I expect Armia or Lipon to be the first call up in case of injury.

That sounds like a terrible job, but I suppose some one has to do it. :beer:

Edited by Woods-Racer

Armia needs to make it this year.

Or bust.

Sad but true. Shined at times in roch last year then missed a boat load of time due to injury. He needed to leave no doubts about his readiness for the big club. Obviously he didn't succeed. If he can stay healthy he may get the call up. Is this what you've heard, Ducky?

So, for simplicity's sake, can we just look at the trade in terms of who is in the NHL right now and how it impacts this season only? Until any of the prospects involved are able to have an impact in the league, it looks like Myers/Stafford for Kane/Bogo in terms immediate analysis. 

GO SABRES!!!

Petan is a talented young player, he's a good prospect. I do have doubts that a man of his size will be able to play in the league consistently, however. I'd say it's a toss up. He's very small, obviously there are examples of players of his stature succeeding, but it'll be a tough road for him. He's also a center, it will be hard for him to match up with the big centers in the West.

Petan is a talented young player, he's a good prospect. I do have doubts that a man of his size will be able to play in the league consistently, however. I'd say it's a toss up. He's very small, obviously there are examples of players of his stature succeeding, but it'll be a tough road for him. He's also a center, it will be hard for him to match up with the big centers in the West.

Petan is fun to watch. He'll make it in time. 

Petan will make the team as a LW.

I say he will make the team and start on the 4th line as the LW.

I agree about being too small for center in the West.

Armia or J C Lipon will be the first call up...if they need grit, Lipon......offense, Armia.

Too many players with more talent ahead of him right now and we will be starting 3 rookies and Burmistrov who played in the KHL the last two seasons.

I didn't see the game tonight (hunting) but saw the interview after the game with the coach and he sure wasn't too pleased about the first 2 periods. We had 4 guys playing there first game and 2 playing their second and it is exhibitioin so I take these games with a grain of salt...he doesn't. I think the last 2 games of exhibition are kinda important but that's me.