Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Nothing like a good old fashion hockey trade to warm things up in February.

This is the bold aggressive type move most were hoping for once Regier was shown the door. This is the difference between waiting for something to happen and making something happen. Can't wait to see what GM Tim Murray has left up his sleeve.

I hope it's stacks of cash. And the sleeve is to a track suit.

This is the bold aggressive type move most were hoping for once Regier was shown the door. This is the difference between waiting for something to happen and making something happen. Can't wait to see what GM Tim Murray has left up his sleeve.

After some quite reflection, I like it even more. This isn't the old,"everything's fine, we just have to wait a little longer" no move move. This is the GM saying, "I know we're bad, I'm going to try and make us better." An actual trade for an actual good hockey player.

It is always the right move to trade away prospective talent to get actual talent in return.

I was really taken back by this trade. I was at lunch with my mouth agape at my surprise. Tried to listen in to WGR throughout the day but really didn't get a good listen until they announced the Enroth trade. I sat in my car and laughed with the deepest belly laugh I've had in a while.

As for the deals, I think the Sabres may end up with the best TWO players in this deal. Our opinions of Myers varied from POS to future HOF . He's somewhere in the middle near, above average and will most likely never be much more. Armia and Lemieux will never be Kane, probably not even close. Armia may score some and Lemieux may hit and fight but we get all that and then some with Evander.

Bogosian is what many of us wanted Tyler to become. Tough stay at home D that can move the puck a bit.

Edited by inkman

Just weighing in. I like the trade. We get guys that are ready now ( or next season in Kanes case ) for potential and a throw-in ( staff ).

GMTM just sped up the rebuild and he's not finished. Bogasian will be harder to play against than Myers. Kane is a young power forward to play with our generational player ( McDavid/Eichel ). I think he'll be hyped about that. I was excited about the kid Lemieux but he may never pan out . Who knows when it comes to prospects. GMTM has balls. Its all good.

Saw this on twitter   :P

"Hello, Evander? This is Tim Murray..."

"Speak up! This phone is made of money."

Sign Stewart instead of trading him and you've got some pretty big boys on the top 9.  Stewart, Kane, Foligno, Girgensens (if he gets pushed to wing).

Me likey.

I think this might be the plan.  Even if he trades Stewart, I think he'll try to sign him on July 1st.

Bogosian is a monster as well.  He can be a nasty, physical player.  Built like a brick shithouse.

Saw this on twitter   :P

"Hello, Evander? This is Tim Murray..."

"Speak up! This phone is made of money."

I think this might be the plan.  Even if he trades Stewart, I think he'll try to sign him on July 1st.

Bogosian is a monster as well.  He can be a nasty, physical player.  Built like a brick shithouse.

It is starting to look like an LA Kings build.

Up down turnaround

Feeling high feeling low,

Read it all and don't you know

This is where I landed.

+1 Deluca

Oh and I also agree with Yuri.

Couldn't watch much of what they were calling hockey with this team for months now.

Last but not least, alleluia saints be praised, the Stafford infection has healed and now the recovery can begin.

Trade deadline will be really boring this year. Last few years it has generally been fun for Sabres fans

I think that the Sabres will make a couple moves to keep us interested on trade deadline day this year. Gut feeling.

Kane has reset his twitter to complete the fresh start. Said he is very excited about the trade. Also commented saying he did not have the surgery to end his season, but during a game his shoulder popped out twice and it was getting painful. When they opened him up it was worse than expected and so it was good they fixed it now. He also played through a fractured ankle and hand earlier in the season. He also said he found the tracksuit thing funny and that kind of stuff doesn't bother him. Finally he also wondered if it would be Eichel or McDavid we would draft - said he is excited to play with them/other young guys on team.

Kane has reset his twitter to complete the fresh start. Said he is very excited about the trade. Also commented saying he did not have the surgery to end his season, but during a game his shoulder popped out twice and it was getting painful. When they opened him up it was worse than expected and so it was good they fixed it now. He also played through a fractured ankle and hand earlier in the season. He also said he found the tracksuit thing funny and that kind of stuff doesn't bother him. Finally he also wondered if it would be Eichel or McDavid we would draft - said he is excited to play with them/other young guys on team.

Shoulder dislocations are no joke. AC joints have to be wired. Oof..

Holy Over Reaction Batman!

Hey there is a Nolan thread...