Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

How on earth did you feel the need to 'stick up for yourself or your team'??  You're first post today was not in response to anything anyone else said that may have slighted you or your fanbase.  You came on a Sabres message board gloating about a trade that you feel your team won when a) it's way too early to determine a winner and loser and b) made some outlandish predictions on players involved.  That's the very definition of trolling.

Also, who said that about Armia?  He couldn't make the team.  Pysyk was kept in Roch last year because of the tank.  Not Armia.

Sorry would have been on earlier but busy watching the Bruins kick the Jets tonight.....ugh I hate that team....

Don't get your panties in a knot (bolded)....I said after a year. If you thi nk that is gloating, you haven't seen anything yet.

Have you heard any analysts talking about the trade today....they were saying the same as me only they were siding with the Jets WAY more........but what do I know....Staf is the leading goal scorer on our team and is outscoring Kane, out pointing Kane and has a higher ppg than Kane AND nobody is investigating him for anything but ya, the Sabres won this one easily.

Sorry would have been on earlier but busy watching the Bruins kick the Jets tonight.....ugh I hate that team....

Don't get your panties in a knot (bolded)....I said after a year. If you thi nk that is gloating, you haven't seen anything yet.

Have you heard any analysts talking about the trade today....they were saying the same as me only they were siding with the Jets WAY more........but what do I know....Staf is the leading goal scorer on our team and is outscoring Kane, out pointing Kane and has a higher ppg than Kane AND nobody is investigating him for anything but ya, the Sabres won this one easily.

To the second bolded, See: World's tallest midget. Also, he is being investigated for Staff infection. They fear it's spread to the Winnipeg locker room.

The analysts on TSN Jets are the biggest homers there are. I've have spoken to this before. What they say is irrelevant, they have a mandate to please the Winnipeg public. Again, the Winnipeg media said Lowry was the next Toews. They weren't kidding.

To the first bolded: Dear god, please no.

I've seen homers before and admit I am one but to think the way that Kaner and Bogo have played compared to the parts on the Jets (not even considering Roslovic and Lemieux) is the better of the deal is unreal.

The good news is the CBJ, Calgary and Deadmonton won tonight.

Edited by Ducky

I've seen homers before and admit I am one but to think the way that Kaner and Bogo have played compared to the parts on the Jets (not even considering Roslovic and Lemieux) is the better of the deal is unreal.

The good news is the CBJ, Calgary and Deadmonton won tonight.

Don't think you are going to get much support here Ducky.

I think Bogo could be -47 and Kane in jail and most Sabrespacers wouldn't do a Stafford/Myers takeback.

It's not being homers to our guys, it's how much we hated Stafford and Myers. They underachieved and were part of a miserable core of losers

Oh, FFS.  Ducky's doing what we do here all the time.  I don't see the big deal.  

To me it's different when a non-Sabres fan comes on SS and throws out some pretty outrageous points.  I can say my sister is acting like a slu, my brother can say my sister is acting like a slu but if Joe from down the street says that then he can just right off

I don't know who's saying the Sabres easily won the trade or even won the trade period.  But I don't think it's been as lop sided as you are pointing out either.  It was more your point about Armia that had me shaking my head.  The guy is destined for the 2nd line??  You can't even believe that can you?

Armia has pushed Burmi down to the 4th line already. If he doesn't make the 2nd line, it is because of Ehlers and Wheeler playing better than he is but I think he will be on the 2nd line by this time next season. I suspect that Ehlers will be moved to the LW and Wheeler will be the RW with Scheifele centering them and Armia playing on the 2nd line on the RW. I fully expect to see Lemieux on the team by this time next year as well. The Jet swill probably start another two or three rookies next year with Connor, Lemieux, Morrissey, Lipon and Petan all fighting for spots.

Armia has pushed Burmi down to the 4th line already. If he doesn't make the 2nd line, it is because of Ehlers and Wheeler playing better than he is but I think he will be on the 2nd line by this time next season. I suspect that Ehlers will be moved to the LW and Wheeler will be the RW with Scheifele centering them and Armia playing on the 2nd line on the RW. I fully expect to see Lemieux on the team by this time next year as well. The Jet swill probably start another two or three rookies next year with Connor, Lemieux, Morrissey, Lipon and Petan all fighting for spots.

And as you said, we saw how that worked out for them this year.

All I can say is your thoughts about Armia are misplaced. He has done nothing. He's not destined for anything at this point. You have no stats to back up that he is destined for 2nd line duties. 3 points in 23 games.

In other news, after a slow start, Kane now has more Goals Per Game than every single Jet. He's our best GPG scorer as well. Pretty damn good for a "slow" season.

And as you said, we saw how that worked out for them this year.

All I can say is your thoughts about Armia are misplaced. He has done nothing. He's not destined for anything at this point. You have no stats to back up that he is destined for 2nd line duties. 3 points in 23 games.

In other news, after a slow start, Kane now has more Goals Per Game than every single Jet. He's our best GPG scorer as well. Pretty damn good for a "slow" season.

At 6m this season if you are happy with him, I'm happy for you. We have more ppg with Staf at 4.35m for 2 years and you have Kane and his 23 points since the trade. Staf is outproducing him and gets less ice time and is paid less. His contract is helping prevent the Sabres from seriously bidding on Stamkos AND he is playing on the 3rd line. He skate like the wind down his wing, takes a poor percentage, perimeter shot, tries to hit someone and then his line gets scored on again. but hey, fight the same guy 3 times and the fans love you and forget your deficiencies. OPEN YOUR EYES...

I won't mention Bogo and his -28 in 60 games. Another point..........Bogo and Kane have played 106 games since the trade..Myers, Armia and Staf have played 177. 154 for Myers and Staf alone. Those mysterious injuries Bogo gets takes away from hhis on ice performance if you ask me.

beerme1, Aren't you the guy I made the bet with? Getting sized up for that Jets' jersey yet? You still think Kaner will be there until the end of his contract?

Oh and Thorny,

I am okay with starting another 2 or 3 rookies next year. The Jets aren't trying to win the cup next year. You listen to the media in Winnipeg too much!

At 6m this season if you are happy with him, I'm happy for you. We have more ppg with Staf at 4.35m for 2 years and you have Kane and his 23 points since the trade. Staf is outproducing him and gets less ice time and is paid less. His contract is helping prevent the Sabres from seriously bidding on Stamkos AND he is playing on the 3rd line. He skate like the wind down his wing, takes a poor percentage, perimeter shot, tries to hit someone and then his line gets scored on again. but hey, fight the same guy 3 times and the fans love you and forget your deficiencies. OPEN YOUR EYES...

I won't mention Bogo and his -28 in 60 games. Another point..........Bogo and Kane have played 106 games since the trade..Myers, Armia and Staf have played 177. 154 for Myers and Staf alone. Those mysterious injuries Bogo gets takes away from hhis on ice performance if you ask me.

beerme1, Aren't you the guy I made the bet with? Getting sized up for that Jets' jersey yet? You still think Kaner will be there until the end of his contract?

Oh and Thorny,

I am okay with starting another 2 or 3 rookies next year. The Jets aren't trying to win the cup next year. You listen to the media in Winnipeg too much!

I ask again:  do you think a single GM in the NHL would prefer Stafford over Kane?

Kane had a slow start -- no doubt getting assimilated to a new team, new city, new coach, new system, etc. after missing the 2nd half of the prior season would take a bit of time for most players.  But he has been playing like an absolute beast for the last 15 games or so.  And for a team like the Sabres with a history and league reputation of being able to be pushed around, the 3 fights are meaningful.

Also, your games played stat doesn't seem terribly significant, since everyone knew Kaner wasn't going to play the last 30 games or so of last season, and since you have a 3rd guy factored in for this season (who has, as noted upthread, chipped in 3 points in 23 games).

My bottom line is that I'm thrilled about Kaner and reasonably happy with Bogo.  I'd probably rather have Myers than Bogo, but at this point the spread between the 2 isn't terribly meaningful to me.  But the spread between Kaner and (Stafford plus Armia) is enormous, at least from a Sabres' fan perspective.  OTOH, if from your perspective as a Jets fan, you feel like that spread works in your favor, I am happy for you while still disagreeing with your conclusion.

The ascendance of Risto made the loss of Myers a moot point for us; he provided all the offense and FAR better defensive play than Myers. The Jets needed his type of game from a defenseman, while Bogo gave us the sand we needed at the position on our team. I've said it before and I'll say it again, in his first game in our uni, Bogo had 11 hits. 11 hits! That represented 25% of the ENTIRE SEASON TOTAL for Myers at that point. 

Good trade for both teams. 

GO SABRES!!!

The ascendance of Risto made the loss of Myers a moot point for us; he provided all the offense and FAR better defensive play than Myers. The Jets needed his type of game from a defenseman, while Bogo gave us the sand we needed at the position on our team. I've said it before and I'll say it again, in his first game in our uni, Bogo had 11 hits. 11 hits! That represented 25% of the ENTIRE SEASON TOTAL for Myers at that point. 

Good trade for both teams. 

GO SABRES!!!

Unfortunately, Bogosian then decided to also play hockey games this season. And, well, that short run last year looks like quite the mirage.

Unfortunately, Bogosian then decided to also play hockey games this season. And, well, that short run last year looks like quite the mirage.

Haha! I hear that as Bogo has really stuggled at times this year.  But my point is that Risto gives us everything Myers is/was and more while the only thing that Myers has over Bogo is more of an offensive upside. I think Myers struggles just as much, if not more, defensively. 

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

Man, I like Ducky. Can we not run him off?

No kidding. The different perspective is refreshing.

Oh and Thorny,

It's the bolded BS that ruins his presence here, for me. Not to mention that he doesn't seem to actually read the posts that many have made trying to explain to him the reasons why they prefer the type of player Kane is to Stafford, the added elements he brings to a team that Stafford does not. In the same paragraph he types, "I'm happy for you" followed by "OPEN YOUR EYES". Why would I consider this to be a refreshing perspective. That's not someone offering perspective, it's someone trying to tell you what to see. As if anyone that prefers Kane, is blind. Go on to a Sabres message board and when someone is happy with one of their players, tell them to open their eyes. Ok.

Second bolded: The Jets made the playoffs last year, Ducky. To think they are okay with major steps backwards, as if they are treating this year as a rebuilding year, let alone next year, doesn't seem to jive. Once making the playoffs, their goal probably wasn't to take a step back. Playoffs most certainly was the goal for them this year, and next. That's not to say starting rookies isn't okay, but don't pretend that if it leads to another terrible year like this year, that that would be an acceptable result for Jets management. 

Different teams have different needs.

Could it be possible that both teams won this trade?… making it more likely that we will be trade partners with another team in the future,… making it a really good trade?

Edited by SwampD

Bogo has played reasonably well on the right side.  Earlier this season they had him playing on the left side and he clearly looked uncomfortable .  Once he gets a steady partner on the left side, I expect him to improve greatly.

Good point, here. And not just  because I agree entirely. 

Well, OK, it is because I agree entirely, but good point none the less. 

GO SABRES!!!

Different teams have different needs.

Could it be possible that both teams won this trade?… making it more likely that we will be trade partners with another team in the future,… making it a really good trade?

Absolutely. I and others have made that point several times throughout this thread. As I said previously, it is a sign of an insecure fan psyche to have to believe your team won a trade. Both teams and fans are happy with the players they received in the deal. What's not to like? For either side?

GO SABRES!!!