Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Yeeeeeap. But I have a hard time believing he's any worse than his uncle was at the same age. I also believe that he isn't much worse than many of the hundreds of other top-of-the-world college QBs out there. The big difference is we all know his name and have his seen his game considering the local ties.

I'm not interested in him as a prospect because I think his "punk bitchness" is too much while the talent/size is too little.

I agree Jimbo was no better back in the day he was just more Pennsytucky than a wanna be like his nephew. Correct on the talent as well, he's not THAT good.

right on. what we get are good to great athletes with no idea how to throw touch passes, no idea how to manage a clock intelligently,no idea how to sidestep rushers and stay in the pocket,  no idea when to get rid of the ball,no peripheral vison/sense of the rush.

There needs to be some kind of a QB school. College style ball doesn't translate to the pros in general.-And given the importance of the QB nowadays this has really ruined a good part of the NFL.

There are no Baltimore Ravens circa 2000 defenses out there anymore. But even in their case Dilfer had a basic understanding of the fundamentals to go along with his complete lack of talent.

Almost as if the NFL needs to do what it can to play a more similar game to college football. Not even sure if that's possible. Common sense argument is no. NFL has best of the best players at each position. College games are "easier" due to lack of talent/depth at each position. It's a reason why a number of qb's can have successful college careers, but are unable to produce at the NFL level. Style of play is just too different. 

Almost as if the NFL needs to do what it can to play a more similar game to college football. Not even sure if that's possible. Common sense argument is no. NFL has best of the best players at each position. College games are "easier" due to lack of talent/depth at each position. It's a reason why a number of qb's can have successful college careers, but are unable to produce at the NFL level. Style of play is just too different.

Tend to agree.

There was a good counterpoint out there to the effect that NFL GMs should quit whining about the kinds of QBs coming out of college, and adapt their schemes to fit the talent.

I'm not sure it can work that way, as you say.

I'm heavily leaning towards skipping Sunday's game and the rest of the season.  It's highly unusual for me, but I think they've (the NFL and the Bills) finally worn me down to where I'd rather be doing something else.  Between the officiating, the commercials, and the Bills organization, the product is unwatchable.  

Mario might beg the team to cut him...

Mario Williams on if Rex Ryan heard the defense's complaints weeks ago: "It's still been pretty much the same thing."

Also, Miller, Bradham and Karlos are all out. Henderson doubtful.

To borrow one of my favourite lines from the Godfather films: "Oh, Mario. Won't see him no more."

PFF has an interesting piece on the Bills' pass rush: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/04/nfl-buffalo-bills-pass-rush-woes-jj-watt

I found this portion especially fascinating (probably because it challenges the most common perception about the Rex's scheme and lack of blitzing):

Last year, defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz stuck with his usual policy of rushing four as often as possible. The Bills blitzed the third-least of any NFL team, on just 20.6% of passing plays (the NFL average was 29.4%). Yet they were still our ninth-ranked pass rushing unit.

This year this blitzing has become far more prevalent—on 33.5% of dropbacks—but the Bills are getting to the QB less often. Some believe this is because quarterbacks react to this by throwing more quickly, and while this may be true, our grades do account for this.

I'm not opposed to the idea that Rex's scheme is a bad fit for the front-four, but I still maintain he's getting far too much of the blame. The players are playing worse.
Edited by TrueBlueGED

I'm comfortable with putting almost all the blame on Rex and the defensive staff. Players don't go from being one of the best groups in all of football to one of the worst collectively like this. Especially when they're still young aside from Kyle.

I'm heavily leaning towards skipping Sunday's game and the rest of the season. It's highly unusual for me, but I think they've (the NFL and the Bills) finally worn me down to where I'd rather be doing something else. Between the officiating, the commercials, and the Bills organization, the product is unwatchable.

This is exactly me. I'm voluntarily missing a bills game for the first time in my life this weekend. It's a pretty sad feeling.

I actually do but hadn't thought of that. I'm just hoping to see something worth watching and I know it won't be the Bills, because they're better off losing.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Bills win this week. It's how they roll.  The only question is in what game they decide to lay the egg that extinguishes any flicker of playoff hope.  I'm going with Dallas at home.

This is exactly me. I'm voluntarily missing a bills game for the first time in my life this weekend. It's a pretty sad feeling.

Yes

There is no doubt in my mind that the Bills win this week. It's how they roll.  The only question is in what game they decide to lay the egg that extinguishes any flicker of playoff hope.  I'm going with Dallas at home.

I honestly think they don't have a chance this weekend between the Houston defense playing like it is and the Bills defense playing like it is, especially if the Bills' D plays like it did last week.

You're absolutely correct. They'll win a few more but the bed against Dallas and/or Washington...

I really have no interest in watching anymore this season... With that said I don't know if i will or will not get sucked in this weekend.. Maybe I'll hunt or go ice skating and check the score at 5....its a sad affair that we have underperformed so badly that I don't want to watch and I always watch.

You can't lose to Jacksonville in a playoff hunt and be taken seriously....

I'm comfortable with putting almost all the blame on Rex and the defensive staff. Players don't go from being one of the best groups in all of football to one of the worst collectively like this. Especially when they're still young aside from Kyle.

While I'm comfortable saying Rex shares some blame, I think it's pretty weak to almost entirely absolve the players of blame. Basically what you're saying is players can't have variable performance from year to year, which in general is of course nonsense, but pass rushers in particular will regularly have ups and downs in productivity. The entire front four had the best years of their respective careers last season, so is it really more likely to you that they maintain that type of performance than they come back down to what their respective career numbers suggest? And again, merely two years ago this front four did very well under Pettine, who does a lot of the same stuff that Rex does. Worst case scenario with respect to coaching is they'd be performing at Pettine levels, and they're worse by a pretty hefty amount. That points to significant player involvement in the decline.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/05/nfl-salary-cap-will-rise-above-150-million-in-2016/

NFL Salary Cap set to rise by over $10M to between $150M to $153.4M. The most ridiculous part of that is to see the list of teams with the most space...

The Raiders are projected to have more than $72 million in cap space on a $150 million cap, by far the most of any team. The Bears are next at $60 million, followed by the Buccaneers at $52 million, the Jaguars at $45 million and the 49ers at $40 million.

The Raiders are much improved this season with a stable of young stars (Carr, Cooper and Mack). They've got almost half the entire cap available. I'm sure they'll leave some wiggle room for when Carr needs a new deal, but they've got so much space to add. I wouldn't be surprised if they extend Michael Crabtree after the year he's having.

There's some guys who aren't expected to be back with their current teams. Eric Weddle could get a ton of money from Chicago (or Oakland). Eric Berry (Chiefs safety) is another who could possibly shake loose. Jason Pierre-Paul is set to hit free agency after his fireworks debacle. Some guys are about to get richer.

One of my buddies that I've known since elementary school won a huge Bud Light Bills party at 716 with 100 friends. This kid has been the most diehard Buffalo sports fan since he was rocking a blonde mullet in 4th grade. :lol:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153617894160659&id=72631215658

Do the Raiders ever spend to the cap, Hoss?

They've been clearing for years. I assume that's because they've known how bad they are, but it will also be interesting to see if they're in LA next season. I imagine that will impact their spending. They also need to get to the cap floor.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.