Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

The Watkins injury stuff is concerning.

Watkins and McCoy.  They will never be healthy this year, IMO.  Watkins strikes me as the type of player that will be out of this league in two years.  Too much money for a guy who can't stay on the field.

Edited by wjag

Watkins and McCoy.  They will never be healthy this year, IMO.  Watkins strikes me as the type of player that will be out of this league in two years.  Too much money for a guy who can't stay on the field.

McCoy's issues are less concerning, if only because I expected him to show some wear and tear this year.

Watkins hasn't had a healthy stretch yet. Which is concerning.

The idea that Watkins is going to be out of the league in two years strikes me as bizarre.

Darby honoured as NFL's defensive rookie of the month.

Perhaps more than in other sports, you win in the NFL by consistently hitting on your draft picks.

Whaley's track record is a good one -- now verging on great.

(And I exclude the whole QB thing from this analysis. They did their best in a year where it was a "bad time to need one," as Nix put it. Also, the fact that Whaley went out and got Taylor is a mark in his favour.)

Darby honoured as NFL's defensive rookie of the month.

Perhaps more than in other sports, you win in the NFL by consistently hitting on your draft picks.

Whaley's track record is a good one -- now verging on great.

(And I exclude the whole QB thing from this analysis. They did their best in a year where it was a "bad time to need one," as Nix put it. Also, the fact that Whaley went out and got Taylor is a mark in his favour.)

Phenomenal draft this year without a first rounder, especially if Miller works out. Last year was hit and miss but if Cyrus pans out next year, will be considered very solid. Consistent drafts like these and we can become a Steelers/Ravens type franchise. 

On an unrelated topic, I was thinking about the Giants game and Eli Manning. Watching the All-22 from their Redskins game and all I could think about was how deadly the short slant throws to OBJ were. It worried me because exactly that was our weakness versus Brady. Quick, short slants. Even moreso now that Darby is becoming a threat. 

Until we start jamming receivers at the line, disrupt timing throws, and make teams pay for even thinking about throwing short, we're not going to be elite on defense, just very good.

Edited by musichunch

He hasn't missed a game in his career. He has battled through injuries, certainly, but he's been hard to remove from the field. 

He never had an injury problem in college and he's just had some poor luck in his first year plus in the pros. Way to early to say he's gonna be out of the league in a couple years. He's too talented. 

GO BILLS!!!

He hasn't missed a game in his career. He has battled through injuries, certainly, but he's been hard to remove from the field. 

He never had an injury problem in college and he's just had some poor luck in his first year plus in the pros. Way to early to say he's gonna be out of the league in a couple years. He's too talented. 

GO BILLS!!!

At some point this year his talent needs to start producing some numbers to back it up. 

At some point this year his talent needs to start producing some numbers to back it up. 

I think the success of other young receivers and the price the Bills paid have made a lot of fans impatient. 

Watkins hasn't put up numbers because of injuries and QB play. Now that one of those has been solved, we're just waiting for him to get healthy. 

This may have been asked and answered many pages ago, but does anyone know an app that I can down load to listen to Sundays game? I travel a lot on Sundays and would love to listen. This Sunday I happen to be on the PA turnpike while the are playing so phone reception will be very good, but the WGR app blacks out rebroadcasting of games.

Edited by Woods-Racer

This may have been asked and answered many pages ago, but does anyone know an app that I can down load to listen to Sundays game? I travel a lot on Sundays and would love to listen. This Sunday I happen to be on the PA turnpike while the are playing so phone reception will be very good, but the WGR app blacks out rebroadcasting of games.

As far as I know, the only way to listen on a phone is to subscribe to an NFL Radio package (I think it's $20/year). I haven't had any luck with Tune-in radio or the WGR app. Streaming does work to a laptop, but I've only tried that on my home internet. You *may* be able to use your phone as a hot-spot and use the laptop to listen while on the move, but my guess is the NFL is smart enough to block the major phone provider's IP ranges. I suppose you could go one step further and use a proxy service, but we're really getting out in the weeds now.

There's an app I downloaded for Android called "Pro Football Radio and Scores".  It costs .99 but it has worked for listening to pro football games when I've used it.  I used to use NFL mobile, but I had a lot of issues with it crashing and being slightly undependable.  This year I didn't get automatically renewed for the NFL mobile radio service like previous years, (they never even contacted me) so I decided to look around and I'm glad I did.

If the offense keeps rolling the way it has (in the 2/3 games we won), I can't get too disappointed about Sammy's numbers. If the offense is working out and Harvin/Woods/Clay are the ones getting big yards I see no reason to change approach.

That said, I think the nature of our offense (which forces a lot of missmatches with all of our skill players) is that some weeks certain players will have quiet outings.

Sammy'll rip off a couple big ones soon.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Sounds like you've found a solution, if you don't want to pay i've used the Tune In Radio App. I was able to either find the Bills broadcast on Fan 590 or the other teams broadcast.

GO BILLS!!!

So I had to go back and look this up, because it doesn't jive with my memory.  He did play in 16 games last year.  For whatever reason, I must be biased against him.

Possibly trading a first to move up for him?

No that's not it.  I wasn't happy when they did it, but it's water over the dam now,  He just ALWAYS seems to me that he is nursing some injury.  I thought it knocked him out of games last year.  

Sounds like you've found a solution, if you don't want to pay i've used the Tune In Radio App. I was able to either find the Bills broadcast on Fan 590 or the other teams broadcast.

WPIG was playing the game last week on TuneIn.

I'm going to try this, because I can't pass up free. But I did go big time and for the first time spend money on an app and downloaded the pro football radio and scores. One of the 2 should work for the remaining games.

In the past, using the desktop version of WGR on my cell phone has worked. 

I tried that for the NE game and was not successful. That doesn't me it doesn't work, it just means that I didn't get it to work.

I submit his talent has been producing in ways that aren't quantified statistically. And I'm confident that will come as well. He is a supremely talented receiver; leaps and bounds ahead of anybody coming out in his draft year, too. Regardless of what the revisionists will have us believe. And that will be borne out sooner than later I predict. 

GO BILLS!!!

No that's not it.  I wasn't happy when they did it, but it's water over the dam now,  He just ALWAYS seems to me that he is nursing some injury.  I thought it knocked him out of games last year.  

You're not imagining that he was nursing injuries last year; he was. From the cracked ribs, to his groin, to his hip he was never 100% healthy last season and he probably should have sat out. But he's tough as nails and even while hurt, he was difficult to play against, commanded double coverage schemes, and kicked ass as a blocker down field. Kid has heart and you can't teach that. 

GO BILLS!!!

There's an app I downloaded for Android called "Pro Football Radio and Scores".  It costs .99 but it has worked for listening to pro football games when I've used it.  I used to use NFL mobile, but I had a lot of issues with it crashing and being slightly undependable.  This year I didn't get automatically renewed for the NFL mobile radio service like previous years, (they never even contacted me) so I decided to look around and I'm glad I did.

I haven't used it this year, but doesn't the WGR app carry the game?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.