Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Tell that to Fernando Valenzuela.

He's a Mayan Indian.... or Aztec, I get em mixed up.

But come on, you're better than a 30 year old reference. Jake Arrieta went deep last night. Madison Bumgarner hits 4 dingers a year. They still bat under .200 and most of them(most, not all) look hilariously terrified in the batters box.

I heard a coach from another team use this term: Those "twitchy" guys do seem prone to these kinds of injuries, don't they?

As I understood it, "twitchy" means the guys who are explosive and quick.

Could be, but I don't remember it being an issue for him in college (or maybe I just ignored Clemson, which is very possible), so hopefully he's just hit a run of bad luck that will be left behind.

Could be, but I don't remember it being an issue for him in college (or maybe I just ignored Clemson, which is very possible), so hopefully he's just hit a run of bad luck that will be left behind.

my guess is run of bad luck, and another guess, the game was already in hand when he went down, so they figured no need to have him out there.  I'm betting he plays against the Giants, and McCoy does not.  

I heard a coach from another team use this term: Those "twitchy" guys do seem prone to these kinds of injuries, don't they?

As I understood it, "twitchy" means the guys who are explosive and quick.

Well, yeah. When half of the defensive players are 350 pound monsters that can move like modified track stars, regular size athletes get injured more often. Edited by qwksndmonster

Well, yeah. When half of the defensive players are 350 pound monsters that can move like modified track stars, regular size athletes get injured more often.

That's not the context in which the observation was made, at least as I heard it. The idea seems to be that these guys tend to get these injuries because of their own movements, not the force of someone else's falling on them.

He's a Mayan Indian.... or Aztec, I get em mixed up.

But come on, you're better than a 30 year old reference. Jake Arrieta went deep last night. Madison Bumgarner hits 4 dingers a year. They still bat under .200 and most of them(most, not all) look hilariously terrified in the batters box.

You're right.  I was being lazy.  I lived in LA when Ferndando was there, and he was the epitome of why pitcher should hit.  Not much for average most years, but he popped the occasional HR and was even used (successfully once or twice) as a pinch hitter by Lasorda.  There's a guy who never followed fancy stats and still fielded some great teams.  His greatness lied in knowing the exactly right time to do the exactly wrong thing.

yea yea yea :P

While I think its fair to disagree with the decision to cut freddy, I think it was completely foolish for those saying it wasnt a legitimate football decision. That was whaley bashing at its absolute finest. Dude drafted williams in the 5th round. Props?

Further rebuttal: Schefter reporting we may rest McCoy until he's 100%. That makes Dixon our #2 for what could be several weeks. This is why you don't cut Jackson :p

Further rebuttal: Schefter reporting we may rest McCoy until he's 100%. That makes Dixon our #2 for what could be several weeks. This is why you don't cut Jackson :p

I don't think you keep Fred to be inactive in case one of our backs get hurt. It's not position you need immense depth at and it would be unfair to him. Plus I really don't think he's got much left in the tank. He quickly fell to 3rd string in Seattle

Further rebuttal: Schefter reporting we may rest McCoy until he's 100%. That makes Dixon our #2 for what could be several weeks. This is why you don't cut Jackson :P

I watched the Dixon plays in the All-22 and there were no holes on the runs I saw. He's definitely slower and doesn't have the burst Karlos has, but last game wasn't a good case study.

Edited by musichunch

Jeremy White's All 22 Review, a very solid piece as usual. It really highlights our play-action, Tyrod's ability to stay in the pack (step up in it too), and Karlos' ability to wait for the hole to develop, and find it. Plus, Karlos is really, really fast. 

http://www.wgr550.com/JW-All-22-Review-Bills-Dolphins/22014895

Edited by WildCard

I don't think you keep Fred to be inactive in case one of our backs get hurt. It's not position you need immense depth at and it would be unfair to him. Plus I really don't think he's got much left in the tank. He quickly fell to 3rd string in Seattle

To be fair, both McCoy and Williams were hurt at the time, so it wasn't an if/maybe/doomsday scenario to keep him around. It was easy to predict McCoy's injury in particular would linger.

To be fair, both McCoy and Williams were hurt at the time, so it wasn't an if/maybe/doomsday scenario to keep him around. It was easy to predict McCoy's injury in particular would linger.

Hey if you think fred would be better off being inactive in case one of williams/mccoy become inactive, then that is fair.  I said it before, but one I think that is unfair to fred, and two I don't think keep a 3rd string RB inactive as depth is common or needed.  But its a fair opinion, my point has always been that it was a clear football decision.  Add people saying it wasnt and that whaley should be fired for it are out of their minds.  

I watched the Dixon plays in the All-22 and there were no holes on the runs I saw. He's definitely slower and doesn't have the burst Karlos has, but last game wasn't a good case study.

Last game was just the exclamation point on a view I already held based on last season and a smattering of views with the 49ers. I just don't think he's a useful RB.

Hey if you think fred would be better off being inactive in case one of williams/mccoy become inactive, then that is fair. I said it before, but one I think that is unfair to fred, and two I don't think keep a 3rd string RB inactive as depth is common or needed. But its a fair opinion, my point has always been that it was a clear football decision. Add people saying it wasnt and that whaley should be fired for it are out of their minds.

I really just don't want to watch Dixon play offense again :(

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.